OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Homeland Security, or Big Brother?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2009, 08:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Homeland Security, or Big Brother?

Are you on the watch-list? According to a report released today you very well may be! Here are a few types of people that the report says they are looking at, in the U.S.A.!
Right wing people that are, Gun rights advocates, Anti abortion advocates, Returning (from war) veterans, those that oppose illegal immigration and people with ideologies based on christian views!

Is this the United States of America?!
This was released by our homeland security dept.!!!!

Old 04-14-2009, 09:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default What I found......

Originally Posted by rancher55
Are you on the watch-list?
You'll know it when you try to board your next plane

Jokes aside, those parameters seem kind of strange. I found this article in the Washington Times (conservative paper I believe?) that's similar to Ranch's description, but they're talking about the extreme right-wing (Neo-****, skin-heads, KKK, etc.), not Conservatives or people on the right, or middle right.

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...cals-on-right/

Below is the first sentence from the article. Unless you're part of one of these organizations, I don't think you've got much to worry about during your next plane boarding.

-Washington Times-
"The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias."

No doubt the ranks on the watch list have swelled. Pray to god you don't end up on it. I've heard it's extremely hard, if not impossible to get off.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
You'll know it when you try to board your next plane

Jokes aside, those parameters seem kind of strange. I found this article in the Washington Times (conservative paper I believe?) that's similar to Ranch's description, but they're talking about the extreme right-wing (Neo-****, skin-heads, KKK, etc.), not people on the "right" (Conservatives).

http://washingtontimes.com/news/2009...cals-on-right/

Below is the first sentence from the article. Unless you're part of one of these organizations, I don't think you've got much to worry about during your next plane boarding.

-Washington Times-
"The Department of Homeland Security is warning law enforcement officials about a rise in "rightwing extremist activity," saying the economic recession, the election of America's first black president and the return of a few disgruntled war veterans could swell the ranks of white-power militias."

No doubt the ranks on the watch list have swelled. Pray to god you don't end up on it. I've heard it's extremely hard, if not impossible to get off.
LOL you said get off

Its crazy.... But seriously who didnt see this coming (not that I agree with it) but that the neo-natzis and KKK etc going nuts. Some of those people have more guns and ***** than brains.

Old 04-14-2009, 09:57 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Sidewinder500
LOL you said get off
I did. I should change that....

Old 04-15-2009, 02:48 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Are you on the watch-list? According to a report released today you very well may be! Here are a few types of people that the report says they are looking at, in the U.S.A.!
Right wing people that are, Gun rights advocates, Anti abortion advocates, Returning (from war) veterans, those that oppose illegal immigration and people with ideologies based on christian views!

Is this the United States of America?!
This was released by our homeland security dept.!!!!
Guilty on all of the above with the exception of being a veteran. After 2001 I tried to sign up for the armed Air Marshal service they now have. I was 37 at the time and the cut off age was 35. Oh well. I heard the same things today about the list. I'll try to find it if I can sometime tomorrow.

Old 04-15-2009, 05:28 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
I heard the same things today about the list. I'll try to find it if I can sometime tomorrow.
Moose,

The issue appears to be with far-right groups such as white supremacy, white militia, neo-****, skin-heads, KKK, etc.

As law abiding citizens I think we can all agree that it's good Home Land Security is watching these guys, at the very least. If one of these groups blows something up, everybody will be screaming at the government saying "why weren't you watching these domestic terrorists......how could you have let this happen"

Post a link to "the report" if you can come up with it. I looked, but not that hard. Couldn't find it. The news just calls it a report. There's never any details about who wrote it, when it was written, or where it's located.

Does anybody remember this guy? We need to watch these people.

Timothy James McVeigh (April 23, 1968 – June 11, 2001) was a United States Army veteran and security guard who was convicted of bombing the Alfred P. Murrah Building in Oklahoma City on April 19, 1995, the second anniversary of the Waco Siege, as revenge or to inspire revolt against what he considered a tyrannical federal government. The bombing killed 168 people, and was the deadliest act of terrorism within the United States prior to the September 11, 2001 attacks. He was convicted of 11 federal offenses, sentenced to death, and executed on June 11, 2001.

Attached Thumbnails Homeland Security, or Big Brother?-200px-mcveighmugshot.jpg  

Last edited by FunRide; 04-15-2009 at 05:45 PM. Reason: Adding McVeigh photo
Old 04-15-2009, 08:01 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Funride, IMO the groups you mentioned are way too high profile and obvious. the people they are worried about are the lone wolf type, and this open's up their suspicions to every day folks to be looked at.
The Obama administration has been untrustworthy from the start, he campaigned on the promise to cut government spending, WRONG, He said he didn't bow to the king of Jordan, WRONG, and he even said today that he didn't know that there were thousands of people today protesting against him and his spending, at the hundreds of TEA PARTY'S across the nation! How can that be?
He and his administration WANT you to think that they won't be looking at YOU! It's all a bunch of BS as far as I'm concerned! JMO!!

They are probably going to see this whole thread!! Along with all the others that you, I, and the others have posted in!
That make you feel good about it?!!

Trending Topics

Old 04-15-2009, 08:41 PM
Pro Rider

That make you feel good about it?!!
Rancher, I don't worry myself about this. By the way, it was our last president that started wiretapping all of us (sans warrants), not Obama. Although he's now defending it and going to continue using it.

The Dept. of Homeland Security is the same Dept. it was before Obama, just like the US Forest Service is the same Dept; the same people doing the same job. Administrations come and administrations go; the federal employees stay. They have systems and processes that are followed regardless of the new guy at the top of HLS. It takes years to change the direction of these monster organizations. I can guarantee this report was being researched, written, edited and now published long before Obama was even elected. It's not about Obama.

***Just after the election there was a "report" from the same people about extreme left-wing cyber terrorism and attacks on Federal networks. It's what they do. So yes, I'm glad they're watching these people. I don't care if they're on the left or the right, in a group or lone wolf types. These psychos need to be monitored if we have the ability to do so before they kill or injure innocent Americans. Remember Oklahoma City.

He said he didn't bow to the king of Jordan, WRONG
Who cares. He knows there's video tape. I've got more important things to worry about than if he bowed or grabbed his hands when he met him. This is not a matter of national importance. IMO

Old 04-15-2009, 09:33 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry Funride, IMO the groups you mentioned are way too high profile and obvious.
Just wanted to add that these are not groups that I particularly single out. These are the words in the report....according to the Washington Times.

Old 04-16-2009, 12:35 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

I read through a bunch of the reports that dealt with groups that could be "radicalized" within the US. They all pretty much were vague in what they had to say and included both far right (me) and far left groups. There are fringes in any group out there where the people are really whacko. There are plenty of government agencies that could also be called whacko in my mind too. The trouble comes when the group in power inserts their own prejudiced opinions as to the definitions of what is radical or not. From what I've read of the Constitution, Bill of Rights, Declaration of Independence, and the Federalist Papers, we should be able to own any firearm that is produced in order that our government doesn't trample over the other Amendments. But, if you say this in the open you will be watched. I was in a pro life group that was very active in the late 80s early 90s. Our group did not do anything more violent than sitting on a doorstep but the press portrayed us as beating up people, screaming obscenities, doing violence to clinic workers, etc. I can tell you first hand that the only people I ever layed a hand on were my own group when they needed to be pulled away from people physically assaulting them. It's all in the group that is in power. They're the group that the agencies look to for their ideology. I've experienced the scrutiny first hand and agree that we should be watchful to see what the government is up to.

Quick Reply: Homeland Security, or Big Brother?