OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

Christian Fundamentalist Terrorism

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2009 | 10:15 PM
|
Pro Rider
Unhappy Christian Fundamentalist Terrorism

It's disturbing to write, and it's now time to start calling it what it is....The targeted killing of someone inside their church in order to make a relig-o-political statement is simply unacceptable in this country. They're not going to pull that crap here and get away with it. The "war on terror" includes those within the borders of this nation.

Scott Philip Roeder, a known member of the anti-government Freeman group, and his accomplices need to be brought to justice. Many here talked about the Napolitano report recently.....few for, most against; well this type of person is a prime example of exactly what was written in that report. Napolitano is now unfortunately proven correct. This act did nothing to ease the Dept. of Homeland Security' focus on the radical Right and the associated groups which promote hate, murder and hardcore violence in the name of their personal beliefs.

Old 06-01-2009 | 10:55 PM
Pale Rider
With my goldfish shorts swimmin' around my toes.

FunRide you do realized the can of worms you're opening don't you?

First off these ******** are Not I repeat are Not Christians.

#6 Though shall not MURDER.

Christians are commanded by Jesus to be as wise as serpents and gentle as Doves. Jesus taught Peace not violence.

10 simple commandments why is it so hard to follow these.

Here's a little refresher course for some folks.

First and foremost love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind and soul. And if you love me you will keep my commandments.

The Ten Commandments:

1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6“You shall not murder.

7“You shall not commit adultery.

8“You shall not steal.

9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Could this be any simpler?

It's alright to bash Christians all day long but don't dare pick on Islam or any other religion.

Not all Muslims are terrorist you can't lump them all together that wouldn't be right!

But it's okay to do it to Christians? I think not!!!

Old 06-01-2009 | 11:14 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 1of4Horsemen
FunRide you do realized the can of worms you're opening don't you?
Horse...This can was opened in this forum weeks ago and it's in the news constantly. Nothing new to people.

It's alright to bash Christians all day long but don't dare pick on Islam or any other religion.
I am a Christian! I don't bash Christians all day long. Could care less what people say about Islam as long as it makes sense and it's true. Don't turn this into a discussion about everyday good Christians.....I'm talking about Fundamentalist crazies here. Every group has their whack jobs, including Christians.......Also talking about the Napolitano report many of us discussed a few weeks back. This kind of thing is exactly what was mentioned in that report.

Not exactly a great topic, I know, but felt compelled to say something based on our prior Napolitano report discussions.

Old 06-01-2009 | 11:39 PM
Pale Rider
With my goldfish shorts swimmin' around my toes.

Originally Posted by FunRide
I am a Christian! I don't bash Christians all day long. Could care less what people say about Islam as long as it makes sense and it's true. Don't turn this into a discussion about everyday good Christians.....I'm talking about Fundamentalist crazies here. Every group has their whack jobs, including Christians.......Also talking about the Napolitano report many of us discussed a few weeks back. This kind of thing is exactly what was mentioned in that report.
Settle down Fun, those comments weren't meant for you. It's for those who don't know. Believe it or not there are people who can't think for themselves and only believe the half truths the media spins to them. Simply because they refuse to do the research and discover the whole truth for themselves.

It's the old addage, believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see.

And Yes I'm sure I'm on the HLS watch list.

Old 06-02-2009 | 09:28 AM
|
Pro Rider

Settle down Fun, those comments weren't meant for you.
I know. Just had to say it.

Old 06-02-2009 | 11:07 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Good opening, 1of4Horsemen. I also am, in all likelihood, on the DHS list. That's okay, I'm used to it. Every group from left wing whacko to right wing extremist is going to have some bad apples. I was in Operation Rescue in the late 80s to early 90s. We peacefully sat in the doors of abortion clinics and were willing to face whatever charges were brought against us for what we did. I was in charge of keeping our people in line when the opposition to our group would get up in our faces. The worst I saw from our people were some heated arguments that I stopped by pulling out my group to settle down. It was very interesting to see the media bias then and now. If anything it has increased. My wife was thrown to the ground by the head of NOW here in Massachusetts but nothing came of it as the judge was a friend of the lady charged with assault and would not recuse herself. I saw this kind of thing time and time again. But, if someone did something as forbidden by God as murder (an abortionist was shot in Brookline, Mass.) they would be linked with Operation Rescue even though we didn't even know the person even by name. It's the same old, same old. It's the governments job to mete out justice not a person. "For he is God's servant to do you good. But if you do wrong, be afraid, for he does not bear the sword for nothing. He is God's servant, an agent of wrath to bring punishment on the wrongdoer". The only time killing another person is Biblically allowed is in cases of self defense (including your properties), defense of others, and in a time of war against an obviously evil opponent (which would be part of a standing army). The people who go and shoot abortionists are as guilty as any other murderer. There are people on both ends that have murdered. Ted Kazcinski comes to mind. An environmentalist that thought he could solve problems by sending mail bombs to people who disagreed with him. Even though Kazcinski's treatise and Gore's book, Earth in the Balance, are in many ways identical reads, at least Al Gore wouldn't murder to further his agenda. I'm a Christian Fundamentalist. That is I believe the fundamental teachings of the Bible as they stand. Does that make me a murderer? Nope. A single murderer does not make the millions of believers in this country terrorists. What about those who trash labs (PETA types), ruin cars in a dealership, (Hummer dealers had many of their vehicles trashed beyond repair by some whackos), and all the other eco-terrorism? I hope they spend as much time on them as they do on the right wing groups they're watching now.

Old 06-12-2009 | 08:42 PM
|
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
The only time killing another person is Biblically allowed is in cases of self defense (including your properties), defense of others, and in a time of war against an obviously evil opponent (which would be part of a standing army).
Moose, I gotta say I don't really understand the "evil opponent" concept of allowed types of murder. Not everybody we killed in WWII was personally evil. What about all the young Germans that were just doing as told. These were young kids brainwashed into thinking what they were doing was right. How about the ones that knew it was wrong, but had a gun to their head and were told to fight or die. The thoughts of it all sadden me. How could that be OK? I understand the concept, but I'm not sure what to make of it, in all honesty. How does one parse that all out. Can you provide any sense to this......

A single murderer does not make the millions of believers in this country terrorists.
Had no intention of that. Thought I made that clear.

What about those who trash labs (PETA types), ruin cars in a dealership, (Hummer dealers had many of their vehicles trashed beyond repair by some whackos), and all the other eco-terrorism? I hope they spend as much time on them as they do on the right wing groups they're watching now.
FBI spends a huge sum on monitoring the Earth First crowd.

Look at the right wing psycho that killed the security guard in Washington on Wednesday. He's the type that Napolatano is talking about. This is the type they're monitoring, not peaceful protests. This is the second example of murder by right wing extremists in the last month. It's a scary world we live in. Now we as a government have to "beef up security" at freakin' museums. Now there's a good use of our national resources. We all have to go through metal detectors now because of the KKK guy. And you wonder why so many non-gun people want gun control. It's a shame. -Not that any form of gun control would have stopped this guy, but he causes a huge problem.

The strangest thing about the story was that his friend said he was "mad because the government cut his social security benefits".....yet this guy hates the government. This guy was a government hater. WTF........He also claimed some beef about taking his guns away? Now there's a good way to make a statement about gun ownership rights.

Old 06-12-2009 | 08:58 PM
Elite Pro Rider

First and foremost love the Lord thy God with all your heart, mind and soul. And if you love me you will keep my commandments.

The Ten Commandments:

1“I am the Lord your God, who brought you out of the land of Egypt, out of the house of bondage. You shall have no other gods before Me.

2“You shall not make for yourself a carved image, or any likeness of anything that is in heaven above, or that is in the earth beneath, or that is in the water under the earth; you shall not bow down to them nor serve them. For I, the Lord your God, am a jealous God, visiting the iniquity of the fathers on the children to the third and fourth generations of those who hate Me, but showing mercy to thousands, to those who love Me and keep My Commandments.

3“You shall not take the name of the Lord your God in vain, for the Lord will not hold him guiltless who takes His name in vain.

4“Remember the Sabbath day, to keep it holy. Six days you shall labor and do all your work, but the seventh day is the Sabbath of the Lord your God. In it you shall do no work: you, nor your son, nor your daughter, nor your male servant, nor your female servant, nor your cattle, nor your stranger who is within your gates. For in six days the Lord made the heavens and the earth, the sea, and all that is in them, and rested the seventh day. Therefore the Lord blessed the Sabbath day and hallowed it.

5“Honor your father and your mother, that your days may be long upon the land which the Lord your God is giving you.

6“You shall not murder.

7“You shall not commit adultery.

8“You shall not steal.

9“You shall not bear false witness against your neighbor.

10“You shall not covet your neighbor's house; you shall not covet your neighbor's wife, nor his male servant, nor his female servant, nor his ox, nor his donkey, nor anything that is your neighbor's.”

Could this be any simpler?
20The young man saith unto him, All these things have I kept from my youth up: what lack I yet?

21Jesus said unto him, If thou wilt be perfect, go and sell that thou hast, and give to the poor, and thou shalt have treasure in heaven: and come and follow me. 22But when the young man heard that saying, he went away sorrowful: for he had great possessions.

Matthew 19

Lots of rich "Christians" out there. Hardly anything I'd equate with "bearing a cross". Modern-day Pharisees it would seem.

Old 06-12-2009 | 09:08 PM
Elite Pro Rider

The only time killing another person is Biblically allowed is in cases of self defense (including your properties), defense of others, and in a time of war against an obviously evil opponent (which would be part of a standing army).
Didn't Jesus say to turn the other cheek? Resist not evil?

38Ye have heard that it hath been said, An eye for an eye, and a tooth for a tooth:
39But I say unto you, That ye resist not evil: but whosoever shall smite thee on thy right cheek, turn to him the other also.
40And if any man will sue thee at the law, and take away thy coat, let him have thy cloak also.
41And whosoever shall compel thee to go a mile, go with him twain.
42Give to him that asketh thee, and from him that would borrow of thee turn not thou away.
43Ye have heard that it hath been said, Thou shalt love thy neighbour, and hate thine enemy.
44But I say unto you, Love your enemies, bless them that curse you, do good to them that hate you, and pray for them which despitefully use you, and persecute you;
45That ye may be the children of your Father which is in heaven: for he maketh his sun to rise on the evil and on the good, and sendeth rain on the just and on the unjust.
46For if ye love them which love you, what reward have ye? do not even the publicans the same?
47And if ye salute your brethren only, what do ye more than others? do not even the publicans so? 48Be ye therefore perfect, even as your Father which is in heaven is perfect.

Old 06-12-2009 | 09:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

And while we're on the subject.... Why did God put a tree in the garden of eden and then say not to eat of it? If it was so important, why have the tree? Therefore, why are Christians so preoccupied with outlawing everything they view as wrong? Abortion is your tree. You can't eat of it, but you can't uproot it either. God allows it for a purpose, apparently, or it wouldn't be.

Quick Reply: Christian Fundamentalist Terrorism