OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

N Korea pardons journalists

Search this Thread

Old 08-05-2009, 10:33 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 165 Likes on 164 Posts

Are bleeding hearts gonna be covered under the new healthcare?

Old 08-05-2009, 10:36 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

Originally Posted by FunRide
Somehow I knew your foul comments would be posted here on the release. You can't just be glad the ladies are back in the US safe with their families. What a pathetic bunch you are.
I guess I should somehow apologize that a President of the United States was getting a ******* from an intern while in the White House.

Gee, who'd have ever thought something like that would come back to haunt him.

Old 08-05-2009, 10:46 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 41 Likes on 41 Posts

Somehow I knew your foul comments would be posted here on the release. You can't just be glad the ladies are back in the US safe with their families. What a pathetic bunch you are.
You paint with a mighty wide brush.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Pathetic adj.-Arousing sympathy, pity, or tenderness. (Not looking for it or asking for it)

Somehow, I don't think that was your goal, Funride. Somehow, I can't imagine people left-of-center holding their collective tongues if the tables were turned and some disgraced Republican went to ask (demand is more appropriate with N. Korea) for their release. While I am glad they are free and loved their reaction to returning to the US, maybe they shouldn't have gone over there with the deer in the headlights mentality about a dictatorship that is bent on causing problems in the world. I think most US citizens are bright enough to not step foot in Iran, North Korea, or other countries that repress all free thought.

PS. I'm sure no one on here has ever made equally disparaging comments about George Bush. Sounds like the so-called Fairness Doctrine to me.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:39 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

We are extremely glad that Billy was able to release them and that they are safe at home with their families. But, Billy's still a **** Head and a *** Clown.

Here have a cigar...Your going to go far.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
You paint with a mighty wide brush.
Good one. Didn't mean to capture everybody, apologize for that.

It's just sad that their release has got to be immediately turned into a conspiracy where former US VP is "negotiating" with Kim for US military rocket technology. N. Korea apparently asked for "US officials" to come to them.

I've been attempting to stay away from this area, and conversations like this remind me why I no longer need to visit here. It's a depressing place to spend ones time.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by xFreebirdx
We are extremely glad that Billy was able to release them and that they are safe at home with their families. But, Billy's still a **** Head and a *** Clown.
Good to hear anyway.....They were retards for being there in the first place. Now these ones in Iran are in the same boat. No idea what the future holds for these "journalists". I don't see any miracle releases happening for those poor slobs. They think it's "adventure journalism"....well they got themselves an adventure alright. It's beyond belief.

Old 08-05-2009, 11:47 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!

It's not that I'm not glad they back, it's the concept they can't grasp the gets me.

It is really simple.

When I leave the city I live in, I must realize the next city I go into may not have the same laws and regulations that I am used to. When I go out further and leave the county I lived in, I must realize that the next county may not have the same laws and regulations I am used to. When I leave the state I'm in and go to another state, I must realize that they may not have the same laws and regulations that I am used to. And when I leave this country, especially if I go to a country that we've had political differences with for 61 years, and the last few have been very tumultuous, I damn sure better know that they have different laws and regulations than I am used to.

Old 08-05-2009, 07:12 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Scootergptx
It is really simple.....
No doubt. Couldn't agree more. The mentality to go on these trips to get the "killer story" is mind boggling. I guess they figure it's worth the risk for the career boost. Can't imagine what kind of career boost could be worth 12 years (likely more) of hard time in a N. Korean gulage. Those women are beyond lucky they're back in the safety of the US.

Old 08-05-2009, 09:59 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe, just Maybe, they will see through the liberal haze and realize that being a tad more conservative is the way to go!
One can only hope!

Quick Reply: N Korea pardons journalists