OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

This is really making me mad.

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2009, 03:32 PM
Shapeshifter Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default This is really making me mad.

I'm getting pissed. The national debt is 11.4 TRILLION! You think the job market is bad, try being a 16 year old kid like me who needs a job to fund a car to get him to school and back. There is not a job to be found! Worst of all when I'm out of college and am in the real world geuss who has to pay off that 11.4 trillion? ME! The baby boomer generation will be long gone and my grand children will be paying this off. This was not the change I wanted. I thought under Obama things would get better but there not. Everything is worse. If this is change than change sucks.

Old 08-25-2009, 04:10 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try being close to 50 and knowing if you lose your job, the chance of anyone hiring you is a lot worse than a teenagers!! I know things look bad, my son took forever to find a job after losing his old one,he got very discouraged,but kept at it. Look at it this way, at least you don't have a mortgage, kids to feed, tons of bills,etc. I am looking for a house, but wonder if I should wait,without a job, I would lose everything I own, and that is scary. Just remember,Bush had 8 years to land us where we are, we can only hope that given time,we can dig ourselves out and get back to the America I remember before trillion dollar deficites and unending wars. Don't give up, and try to keep a good thought in your head.

Old 08-26-2009, 06:08 AM
Pro Rider

The main problem is that everyone wants something for nothing, especially the liberals. It takes sacrifice and hard work to get to the point where you can feel financially secure. Liberals see people that have done just that and want to have their piece of the pie but don't and won't put in the time and effort to it takes to reach that point themselves. They think it would be better if it were just handed to them! The people that have worked hard and built a company, hired others to work for them and paid them a decent wage now have the liberals wanting to take larger and larger portions of the money they have worked so hard for (taxes) and really see no other way out other than to fire some of there hired help or to pass on the cost of the increased taxes to the consumers who buy there products. Most times it's a little of both!
It may not sound like an easy way to get to that point and it's NOT! Borrowing money on your grandchildren's future is far worse!
Find something you enjoy doing, be better at it than 98% of anyone else and that will turn into an income for you that will support you and your family.
I understand that times are hard now, I've seen it all before, liberals get control of government, start there handouts and social give-away's, then inflation rears it's head! There's no easy way out now that we're into it this far. Just learn from this experience and don't make the same mistake again.

Old 08-26-2009, 08:51 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Sorry about your having to have an epiphany their Scrambler, but those of us old enough to remember Democratic control of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch tried to warn you. It's to the point where we are paying something like 500 million in interest to the Chinese each month. I feared that the deficit will grow to a point where we can't pay the interest and it is heading there now. Their solution. Spend more money we don't have. As far as Bush goes the deficit was around 1 trillion when he left. Ungodly with a capital U. But this was the deficit that included all presidents up to the point he left office. Did he contribute to it? Oh yeah, in a big way. When spending should have been reigned in, they kept spending. But, multiplying it by a factor of 7 to 10 times is almost unbelieveable. It's what happens when you put a community organizer in charge of a country.

Old 09-12-2009, 07:39 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by scrambler400enoge
I'm getting pissed. The national debt is 11.4 TRILLION! If this is change than change sucks.
Scrambler: Trying not to sound too condescending below.

This is how George Bush and his republican operatives in Congress worked. The mouths you see inciting revolution and secession....they're the ones you need to ask. Since you were in elementary school when George Bush was elected, and still are years away from your first vote, let me point out that when he took office, the national debt was $5.73 trillion. When GW left office, it was $10.7 trillion. Obama is responsible for 1 of those prior 10 trillion.

Ask some level-headed folks around you why it jumps so much when Republicans are in office. Ask them about the tax breaks for the wealthiest Americans during the start of a war for god's sake, and the cost of the Iraq war. Ask somebody if the if the tanks, guns, bombs, food and Humvees in Afghanistan are free.

At your age you should be relatively a-political. Look around, get some facts, get some school under your belt, then make a choice in which political direction you lean. There's a lot more to it, than looking at a single number and saying "this sucks".

9/11 reminds us all of the need to continue in Afghanistan and the unfortunate need for a major "surge". You know what that means......BIG BUCKS.

Attached Thumbnails This is really making me mad.-national-debt-gdp-l.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 08:10 AM
Pro Rider
Default False Information

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
but those of us old enough to remember Democratic control of the House, Senate, and Executive Branch tried to warn you.As far as Bush goes the deficit was around 1 trillion when he left. Ungodly with a capital U.
Ungodly False with a capital F. Are you serious about your statistics? Try 10 Trillion when he left. Again, Try 10 Trillion when he left. It was your Executive Branch that jumped the debt. Obama has only been in office since January. Let's all conveniently forget the fact that Republicans are responsible for a vast majority of the current debt. Tax breaks for the top earners during wartime anyone?

Scrounger: Do your own independent research and read up on the topic. This is obviously not the place to look for objective information. There's plenty of real information out there.

Attached Thumbnails This is really making me mad.-debt_chart.jpg   This is really making me mad.-debtrealdollars1940-2009.jpg  
Old 09-12-2009, 08:14 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
It's what happens when you put a community organizer in charge of a country.
Senator, I believe was the title.

Old 09-12-2009, 08:20 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by rancher55
The main problem is that everyone wants something for nothing, especially the liberals. It takes sacrifice and hard work to get to the point where you can feel financially secure. Liberals see people that have done just that and want to have their piece of the pie but don't and won't put in the time and effort to it takes to reach that point themselves. They think it would be better if it were just handed to them!
What a classic misrepresentation of the basis of a party; right out of the republican false information playbook. You actually believe that roughly 50% of Americans are looking for handouts and don't work for a living? -Lived out on the farm a little too long I guess

Old 09-12-2009, 08:28 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by 95wolv
Try being close to 50 and knowing if you lose your job, the chance of anyone hiring you is a lot worse than a teenagers!!
Without a doubt......It's a scary prospect for many.

Old 09-12-2009, 10:19 AM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by FunRide
What a classic misrepresentation of the basis of a party; right out of the republican false information playbook. You actually believe that roughly 50% of Americans are looking for handouts and don't work for a living? -Lived out on the farm a little too long I guess
I never said that 50% of Americans are looking for handouts or that they don't work. But now that I think about it,I think that 75-80% of those that don't work for a living and are looking for handout's have and will continue to vote for the Democrats! why wouldn't they? They get promises of "new programs", more handout's, and promises of raising the taxes of the big corporations to pay for it all.They are all so uninformed and ignorant that they don't realize that if the taxes are raised on those corporations that those costs will just be passed down to them and all of the other consumers.

I think that many Americans do think that an easy living is owed to them. Just for being born I guess. I've been working since I was a boy and have never held my hand out to anyone unless it was to give them a hand.

I respect your right to your opinion but don't misrepresent what I say!

Quick Reply: This is really making me mad.