OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

health care reform: what will change

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2010, 08:01 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
It is highly likely that it is unconstitutional for the federal government to require that all citizens purchase health insurance.
Unfortunetly, it will take years to challenge it. I find it curious that the first 4 years will see taxes being levied for a program that doesn't start until the 5th year. I guess they didn't want to implement it completely until after the next Presidential election.

Old 03-22-2010, 09:45 AM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 40 Likes on 40 Posts

That is one reason the CBO says it costs less than it actually does. The first years of the program will be paid for by money collected for FOUR YEARS prior to implementation. Wait until four years into it, the deficits will soar!!!!

Old 03-22-2010, 11:55 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Yep, any time the government tells me it's not going to cost too much I hold on to my wallet.

Old 03-23-2010, 08:03 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Wait until four years into it, the deficits will soar!!!!
You base this guess on what?

Old 03-23-2010, 09:06 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

Originally Posted by FunRide
You base this guess on what?
Past performance maybe???

Old 03-24-2010, 10:56 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

this is what i get out of trying to read the bill, your taxes will go up, coverage will go down. your tax dollars will cover illegals getting insurance, with the public option, your employer will more than likely drop you and you will have to have the Govt's policy(not the one the politicians have--but the cheapest one). you can't really blame the company, it's a business decision to increase its bottom line. you'd have to blame the govt for screwing up your insurance. meanwhile the pharmaceutical companies get a 12 yr. bonus to not get their meds on generic fasttrack thus increasing their profits. meanwhile, not only does the govt continue to take 33% of my paycheck, they are inceasing the rest of the taxes to take up to 50% of my paycheck. they need to cut taxes-that'll stimulate the economy and make insurance more affordable because i'll have more of my money in my pocket to buy whatever i want. insurance is a commodity to purchase, not a right. not a gimme or handout.

Old 03-24-2010, 02:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by Jaster94
...your tax dollars will cover illegals getting insurance, with the public option, your employer will more than likely drop you and you will have to have the Govt's policy(not the one the politicians have--but the cheapest one). you can't really blame the company, it's a business decision to increase its bottom line.
-taxes to cover illegals: False. Anybody in the pool pays their premiums. The more in the pool, the cheaper it gets.
-employer drop you: False. There's a $5,000 or more penalty to drop each employee. Employers use their health benefits as a retention tool. They do it because they want to, not because they have to. There is no law stating the employers must provide you with health insurance.
-Need to get a new tax adviser if you're paying 50%. Only reason my taxes went up is because I made more $ this year and I hit another bracket.

Old 03-24-2010, 03:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default re: to funride on HC ins.

wait a minute fun ride, what do you think subsidies are?
pushin 50% on taxes? yeah, go figure the sales tax, fuel tax, income tax, sin tax for alcohol/tobacco, the list goes on until you pay all 78 taxes which are applicable to you. even in death, there's the inheritance tax. oh, don't forget the capital gains if you invest for your retirement. oh, retirement taxes, some are up to 40%. ouch........
do you not think that a tax/fine for an employer is cheaper than paying for an employees' health plans? i pray that my employer keeps our insurance. yes i agree it attracts and retains employees.
i'm just tired of the hand outs the libs/dems give people who can work but don't at my/our hard working expense.
insurance would be more affordable by cutting our taxes drastically, don't you think?

Old 03-24-2010, 03:55 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

16,000 new IRS employees. Yea! Fun! NOT. It's a sham. To have the IRS overseeing whether or not we get in the system or our employers are crossing their t's and dotting their i's is just that much more intrusion into the public sector.

Old 03-27-2010, 12:18 PM
Pro Rider

We need to get rid of the scumbags in us government be nice to get rid of the government period,the pharmecutical co an cut the self interest an corporations off from the nose they breathe from pure an simple.how does 1 achieve this stop buying there products youd see how fast prices come down on stuff.I personally am fed up an fricking tired of social programs.get the illegals out,get ridd of welfare and the people that can work get off ya *** an get a job!
Basically id have to say the rich are f*cking us over pure an simple.Or they are trying to turn our country into a authoritarian nation which they are easily doing as Im seeing it happen unfold before my eyes and half the country is 2 stupid to see it evidently.

Quick Reply: health care reform: what will change