OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.

Search this Thread

Old 05-04-2010, 07:27 AM
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Default I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:50 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Yep, me too. Laws need to be enforced. I watched the news last night and there was an immigration riot in California and people who had signs in favor of AZ's new law were attacked and beaten. Just makes me feel warm and fuzzy about illegal aliens.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:49 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Received 43 Likes on 43 Posts

Mexico has tough immigrations laws than the U.S. and Arizona does and the president of Mexico derides Arizona for it's law.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:50 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!

It is illegal to wave the U.S. flag at a rally / protest in Mexico.

Old 05-04-2010, 02:52 PM
Pirate Biker
Limping Rider!
Old 05-04-2010, 03:10 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

That letter is truly disturbing in what they have put up with to this point. It's time for the government to do the one thing they are mandated to do. Protect our country and its people. My sister lived in AZ for awhile before she got fed up and left. She said that she was afraid to go out at night and each day would find loads of garbage in her yard that provided and easy trail to follow.

Old 05-04-2010, 07:12 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Great letter Red, thanks for posting. Very powerful. We need a secure border, period. But that is only part of the problem. We need to dismantle Bill Clinton's moronic NAFTA. It creates conditions that actually DRIVE mexicans out of their communities searching for a way to survive. Opponents were right then and still are.

The problem gets complicated by the fact that there are 2 distinct groups of Mexicans (and some folks from further south) crossing the border. The drug cartels and people seeking a means to feed their children. They have nothing in common, and the second group fears the cartels way more than we do. Where I am, we are not "over run" but folks don't have big issues with this community. We don't see the cartel influence (sure we get the horrific secondary violence from drug abuse...) so the folks we see are devout religious, family first and incredibly hard working. I live around a huge number of recent (1st, 2nd, 3rd generation) Irish and Italian immigrants. I am 2nd generation Italian and my wonderful wife (so close to mothers day) is 2nd generation Irish. The reaction to this community around here is actually kind of positive! Like a "we get it" kind of thinking.

Amnesty? tough issue. I have some ideas about how to construct an "infrastucture amnesty" program that would benefit everyone. But who listens to regular folks? Oh wait! Maybe that is one step toward just the kind of change we need.

PBL

Old 05-05-2010, 07:45 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!

The difference is that you are talking about legal immigration in regards to your family. We need to stop illegal immigration just on security alone. There is legal immigration still in this country where x number of applicants are allowed to come and live in this country legally. I understand the difficulties of third world countries and do some small things to help out when I am able. But, our borders need to be secure and immigrants should be coming here legally only.

Old 05-05-2010, 08:08 PM
Range Rover

Yes, it is impossible to have a rational immigration policy without secure borders. Our families all came in legally as far as we know. Ellis Island. The fear of harassment, deportation and having a bullseye on your back for violent criminals makes being here illegally a lot more difficult than the Ellis Island folks. Still, at least around here, I still get a sense of commonality from, especially, the older folks. Still having to struggle and work hard, and learn a new language and deal with bigotry and try to raise your family with education as the first and foremost value.

Now the drug cartels present a whole different picture. These are murderous violent animals. Like all organized crime. How about tracking the assets on this side of the border and seizing them? We did it to likely terrrorist supporters, why not to drug and human traffickers? It wasn't the FBI that brought down Capone, it was the IRS. Go get 'em pencil pushers!

Old 05-05-2010, 08:56 PM
Pro Rider

Originally Posted by MooseHenden
Yep, me too. Laws need to be enforced. I watched the news last night and there was an immigration riot in California and people who had signs in favor of AZ's new law were attacked and beaten. Just makes me feel warm and fuzzy about illegal aliens.
Moose.....The borders are a Federal responsibility, not a state responsibility. Too bad the AZ citizens are now saddled with the costs of jailing and handling illegals.

I've heard some of the suburbs are out of control. Once beautiful towns are now unlivable....people sleeping with loaded guns at night. Not sure what the legal solution is.

Quick Reply: I'd like to Salute the State of Arizona.