OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

They still don't get it!

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by FunRide
Have you been to an emergency room in the last 20 years? Nobody uses them as their primary care facility.

WRONG. Try visiting an emergency room in one of the border states....

Old 01-06-2011, 10:32 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
I don't see the states mandating that everyone have car insurance, only those that choose to own and drive a car.
The fed. government will mandate the everyone BREATHING must purchase health insurance. There is a huge difference.

Good point.....

Old 01-06-2011, 06:29 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Red400EXRod
Social Security was never meant to be a "retirement fund".
When SS was instituted it would be paid out at the age of 65, the average life span of the American male at that time was 62.
So SS was meant more for the surviving spouse (female) who never worked than it was for the male as a retirement benefit.
SS pays money after you retire. If that's not a retirement fund, I don't know what else you'd call it. I think you meant that it was never intended to be anyone's sole source of retirement income. I can't disagree with that. The original intention, however, is ancient history. Today's program is not the one that was originally enacted under FDR.