OHV Riders Rights and also Politics This forum is for political and open discussions only. Do not enter here unless you are willing to disagree with the statements made. What happens in this forum stays in this forum.

When will we draw the line on gun control

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2012, 06:40 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default When will we draw the line on gun control

Question 1:

So are you going to hand in your guns willingly?

Where will we draw the line when the government infringes on our 2nd amendment?

Looks like they are wanting to take up the sporting rifles- or as the media has named them- assault rifles.

Will they limit our ammo?

Slowly and slowly he- yes he- is disarming us.

Old 12-17-2012, 10:21 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

They're trying to pass an "assault weapons" ban without a grandfather clause. If it passes you'l have to turn in your "assault weapons" to be destroyed without being paid for them. Not even the Australians were that asinine. I don't know what I'll do if they come for my guns. The ban will cover rifles, shotguns, and pistols. Years ago someone tried to pass a law that would place a 10,000% tax on ammo. I wouldn't be surprised if they try something like that too.

Old 12-18-2012, 07:21 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts
Old 12-18-2012, 12:25 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I saw an online article on MSN that praised the Austrailian law for "ending" gun massacres, not one group killing since the law was passed banning semi auto rifles, shotguns, and no private sales of guns, and no handguns will be sold without "good reason", and self defense is not considered a reason there.
What they did not mention was that following the gun ban, violent crime went up over 16 percent the first year, and has remained high ever since, now that the criminals know most folks cant carry, or will be arrested for carrying or owning most guns, they have free reign to rob, murder, etc.
As the saying goes..."MAKE IT A CRIME TO OWN A GUN, AND ONLY CRIMINALS WILL OWN THEM.".....
Do you think the guy about to break into your home while you sleep is worried that the gun he carries is illegal?......HELL NO, he is glad for it, because he knows you will probably be unarmed and basically helpless against him. We need to control the PEOPLE buying guns, not the guns. thats like saying ban cars for causing highway deaths, or ban airplanes for causing crash deaths....the object does nothing, it is the idiot using the object that is the danger.

Old 12-18-2012, 01:25 PM
TLC
Extreme Pro Rider
God forbid he lets the polishing secret out!

None of my business being Canadian and all but.

Do you just suppose, this 2nd Amendment thing was thought up when your population was like a million people and a musket fired two inaccurate lead ***** per minuted at a range of 50 yards max. Also Indian and British attacks was still a possibility.

No way your founding fathers could see the changes coming in the next hundreds of years where one guy with a automatic weapon could take out George Washington's whole musket ball regiment before breakfast.

Not saying band guns ,but just use a 5 shot 303 and 12 gauge shot gun and call it a day.

Just a opinion.

Old 12-18-2012, 02:43 PM
Polaris ATV Expert
Retired and loving it!
Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

One of the Founding Fathers,George Mason said what is the militia? "It is now the whole people,except for a few public officials". Granted no one could foresee at the time the advancement of weaponry,but should people be allowed only to own and use antiquated weapons or to have "close" to what the regular standing military has? The existence of the Second Amendment is to not only to hunt to put food on the table as many had to do at the time,but to protect against aggression from foreign or domestic sources.To me it's just a means of "checks and balances" against any form of tyranny and I don't think there ever will be a time limit on this as long as we are still one nation! Granted no one "needs" a fully auto rifle and as such the general public shouldn't own these weapons unless you're a collector,have been thoroughly checked out and can show proof that you are providing a secure place for their storage,which is the law as it stands now. This is only sensible. 20 precious children are dead,but attacking weapons only as the main cause is like trying to kill a snake by beating it on the tail. We need to address the real problems in this country,not just an inanimate object that hasn't a brain!. Better mental health facilities,address the violence in the media,movies,video games,better parental care and responsibility for your actions which imo is the core of many of today's problems.The family unit as we know is essentially eroding away.Discipline severely lacking. Respect for one another. It's becoming a ME only society. Morals have declined so much in the last 30-40 years that looking back I can't begin to count the changes for the worst that have happened in this country. I'm through ranting I like to go to this site,love to read our founding father's words on the 2nd Amendment and try to relate it with today's world.I always loved Thomas Paine's quote. The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment
OPT

Old 12-18-2012, 03:06 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC

Do you just suppose, this 2nd Amendment thing was thought up when your population was like a million people and a musket fired two inaccurate lead ***** per minuted at a range of 50 yards max. Also Indian and British attacks was still a possibility.

No way your founding fathers could see the changes coming in the next hundreds of years where one guy with a automatic weapon could take out George Washington's whole musket ball regiment before breakfast.

Not saying band guns ,but just use a 5 shot 303 and 12 gauge shot gun and call it a day.

Just a opinion.

I'm sure they didn't foresee it either.

But just a little further south of here, there's a place where they have all kinds of weapons. And the 2nd amendment is there just for that sort of threat if it comes across the border. Sure, we have border patrol, police and military. But if I'm under attack, I want an immediate and appropriate response. 5 shots and calling time out just won't work.

Old 12-18-2012, 03:38 PM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC

Just a opinion.
The founding fathers carried weapons that were equal to top of the line military hardware of the day. If they were around today I'm sure they'd all have assault rifles and machine guns. Like Switzerland, were they have tons of guns but don't have a "gun problem".

Old 12-18-2012, 04:47 PM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by TLC

Just a opinion.
The Second Amendment was written as a protection for "the people" to be able to throw off a tyrannical government. Also, as a means of self defense. I recommend people read the Federalist Papers where they explain their thought processes. They considered unarmed citizens foolish.

BTW there were plenty of sharp shooters who took down British commanders from 200+ yards with early rifled flintlock firearms.

Without the 2nd Amendment they government can do as it pleases. The only thing the government fears is the armed citizen. Missouri alone, if you count just the deer hunters, is one of the largest armies in the world. Can you imagine the government going door to door demanding firearms. I think it would be all out war in this country. It's not the government that has the right to keep and bear arms, it's the people.

Again, if semi-automatics are the problem why doesn't Switzerland have the murder rate we do? Every adult male goes to military training and brings home an automatic weapon. They don't have much crime in Switzerland as a result. The easiest place for these retards to go kill innocent children is in the schools as they are "gun free".

Old 12-18-2012, 04:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally Posted by old polaris tech
One of the Founding Fathers,George Mason said what is the militia? "It is now the whole people,except for a few public officials". Granted no one could foresee at the time the advancement of weaponry,but should people be allowed only to own and use antiquated weapons or to have "close" to what the regular standing military has? The existence of the Second Amendment is to not only to hunt to put food on the table as many had to do at the time,but to protect against aggression from foreign or domestic sources.To me it's just a means of "checks and balances" against any form of tyranny and I don't think there ever will be a time limit on this as long as we are still one nation! Granted no one "needs" a fully auto rifle and as such the general public shouldn't own these weapons unless you're a collector,have been thoroughly checked out and can show proof that you are providing a secure place for their storage,which is the law as it stands now. This is only sensible. 20 precious children are dead,but attacking weapons only as the main cause is like trying to kill a snake by beating it on the tail. We need to address the real problems in this country,not just an inanimate object that hasn't a brain!. Better mental health facilities,address the violence in the media,movies,video games,better parental care and responsibility for your actions which imo is the core of many of today's problems.The family unit as we know is essentially eroding away.Discipline severely lacking. Respect for one another. It's becoming a ME only society. Morals have declined so much in the last 30-40 years that looking back I can't begin to count the changes for the worst that have happened in this country. I'm through ranting I like to go to this site,love to read our founding father's words on the 2nd Amendment and try to relate it with today's world.I always loved Thomas Paine's quote. The Founding Fathers on the Second Amendment
OPT

Quick Reply: When will we draw the line on gun control