Walmart selling 4wheelers

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2000 | 09:41 AM
Range Rover

These machines appear to be the Sundiro/E-ton/Impulse quads. They are all made in China and imported under various names.

We had a local ATV/MotorCycle/GoKart parts dealer selling them for a while. They had no service department, so it doesn't appear to be much different.

I have heard that Polaris' new kids quads are these models with different plastic. If so, you could buy one a Wally World and take it to your local Polaris dealer for service. As best as I can remember, the Sportsman 90 will run almost $2200 while the Action 90 from Wal-mart is $1700. Where do you want to put you money?

Buy the machine from Wal-mart and all the accessories and parts from your Polaris dealer and everyone will come out ahead.

Old 06-07-2000 | 10:06 AM
Range Rover

I don't know what they are selling at your Wal Mart, but at mine they are called Monsoons.

1986 Suzuki 230 Quadsport

Old 06-07-2000 | 10:21 AM
Range Rover

Colt77: Whoa, down boy. I'm not disrespecting every mom and pop small business dealership. I am all for small business and I believe in supporting local small businesses and service providers. I have had experiences with large dealerships that left much to be desired as my post was reflective of those experiences. If any business sells a product at a competitive market price of value to me, I'll buy it. If I get good service there, I'll support the business. It sounds to me like you have, or had an excellent Polaris dealer. A 45 mile delivery is "WOW" service! That is exactly what makes a succesful business and loyal customers.

You are entitled to your opinion (your post, 1st paragraph) and I will not disrespect your post by telling you, like you tell me, that "you don't know what you are talking about" either. Sure, you know all about my life, employment, health and investment portfolio. You said a mouthful there, partner. Just like your comment (opinion) that every 16 year old working at Wal Mart is a drop out. Do you think you might have pushed their buttons?

00' Yamaha Big Bear 4x4, 2k lb. Warn winch, gun racks for huntin'.

Old 06-07-2000 | 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Colt77,

I think the point of the original post was to inform us that Walmart now sells small quads, not to sway us all to shop at Walmart. Pdavis was informing us, not recruiting us, or suggesting we boycott the ATV dealerships.

Your logic on Walmart putting the mom and pop's out of the ATV business could be applied to most everything they sell. How about the lawnmower shops, toy stores, automotive shops. Same thing. Under your logic I hope you never set foot in Walmart!

I do understand your point, big corporations killing off mom and pop. Understood. But, I also agree with the previous posters. The cash is coming out of my back pocket, so if I can save my hard earned dollars by shopping around, I will. It is a matter of economics, I only have so much to spend. As for parts and after sales service, that is a choice I make. I weigh this when making my buying decision.

Pdavis meant no harm, ease up.

DJ

Old 06-07-2000 | 03:08 PM
|
Trailblazer

The point of the initial post was that as usual a large corporation seems to be selling something they don't really intend to follow thru on. They don't (apparently) care about the feelings of the people in the neighborhoods they are selling these machines in or the ATV industry as a whole. They seem to only be interested in the bottom line, namely sell a lot of stuff make a lot of money. My personal belief is that this will hurt the industry AND the average guy that likes to spend time with family and friends riding. I can only see that some "gifted" child will hurt someone or get hurt and then the safety of ATV's will be brought front and center in the urban and suburban areas where it has been a non-issue so far. As far as whether Walmart selling 90cc ATV's will hurt the small guy dealer down the street, I doubt it. As one post said the dealers make most of their money on parts and since the parts are supposedly interchangable there shouldn't be a problem. Now if Walmart starts selling Cannondales for $800 less than the little guy up the street I think there will be major probs w/the dealers. Keep this in mind though. Will every Walmart open up a shop to sell and service the Cannondale? Doubt it! Walmart is in the business of cash and carry. As far as I can tell this ATV is the most expensive thing Walmart has in the store. Are they going to want to finance something like a Cannondale for those of us who don't have $6000+ for an ATV? Doubt that too! This thing isn't a big screen that will most likely be in your living room when they come to repo it. I think the Walmart ATV business won't last, but at the same time I hope it makes those lousy dealers (Banzai open your eyes!!!) wake the heck up and realize that the money paying public is really tired of being dealt down to.

Old 06-07-2000 | 08:01 PM
Trailblazer

I was in a Sams Club not long ago and seen a larger quad. Looked something like polaris or Honda? Not really sure, it had camoflage graphics.
Did not look to see how much it was, I was in a hurry.

Old 06-07-2000 | 09:08 PM
Pro Rider

I work a at Wal-Mart Supercenter. I have not heard anything about selling quads but it would be cool to do. I think I would have to transfer departments and become a quad dealer if they ever start selling them!

Yes, It's a great job

Old 06-07-2000 | 10:16 PM
Weekend Warrior

This could be a step forward or a step backward for our sport. I think if they offered a certified training course it could prevent alot of lawsuits. But then again I am not a lawyer, so I don't really know. Atving is gaining popularity.

Old 06-08-2000 | 12:22 AM
|
Trailblazer

So Polaris Power 500, are you one of those good for nothin', tobakee chewin', in breedn', toothliss, ignerint, hi skewl dropowts like some (colt 77) say you are? My point is this... if your riding responsibly it shouldn't matter if your riding a beat down 1971 ATC 90 or 2001 Cannondale. AND it shouldn't matter where your working as long as you've got a job and the tax money that comes out of my check can go to someone who REALLY needs it and not some punk who won't work. If you've got a job, work it. If you've got a ride, ride it!

Old 06-08-2000 | 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

" Lets face it, dealers charge way too much for fun machine and way too much for parts and service." With all my respect this is not a suggestion, this is a clear statement.If you have said I think dealers charge....or some dealers charge way too much I would agree with you , no doubt.Your statement was plain arrogant,that's why I responded.
I certainly do not know you and know nothing about you at all. But I can see your thoughts.I am not with you on this one.
DJ, Pdavis is intelligent enough, he doesn't need you to defend him.Do not worry about my logic.It is in perfect working order as you can see. Just for your information, I am not a Wall Mart fan.However, I buy a toothpaste there occasionally.

Quick Reply: Walmart selling 4wheelers