AL UNSER JR.seriously hurt on his atv on his NM ranch!

Search this Thread

Old 10-21-2003 | 09:53 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default AL UNSER JR.seriously hurt on his atv on his NM ranch!

Read in the news that LIL AL was seriously hurt on his new mexico ranch an might never race again.He broke his hip an pelvis an I think it said he broke ribs.He was out in the Dez for several hours pinned before a neighbors kid found him out riding thru his yells.I just hope hes ok 1st an foremost an prayers for him an any 1 else hurt on there quads.2nd I hope he gets to race again an I think he will.3d an this is serious alot of people including enviro groups lawyers anti ohvers want us to go the way side.Seeing some 1 like Al a professional whos knows how to drive fast get hurt on 1 of these atvs,might be like see now heres a guy who races an gets hurt these things are no good at all they all gotta go. W atvs there is alot of factors including speed,machine itself an how ya handle it that can lead to a wreck.,I see younger friends mostly teens who ride an tear *** around WOT an I tell them the speeds you guys go.If something happens it will be too late to react to it,they laugh an think they are invincible I guess some people have to learn the hard way at the continued expense of our sport[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img].2 weekends ago I went to climb a 50 ft hill on my SHee that my friend climbed on his 400 ex.I said Ill ace it I got up to the top right before I crested it an it just spun.I shut it down an was like crap crap crap what am I gonna do now.SO I grabbed the the front brake thinking it would hold me to the hill instead of leaving it in gear.BADDDDD move the Shee slid down an instead of letting it go an seeing my megadollar shee go down the river bank an possibly into the river .I tried to save it,at 1st it was straight then it got sideways hit a tree,it sounded like a bomb going off.I thought Id break my back it got kicked back straight the last 10 feet where the hill straightened out it got sideway again an flipped on me.I got pinned handle bar went into boot an some part of machine went into my thighs.Good thing I had some 1 with me it was dark an getting cold to lift it off me.To make along story short I only bent the clutch lever an had the snot an energy an ego taken outta me.I dont know if It wasnt in the pwerband or not or the stock tires but next time I will bail to save myself.I wear gear an I feel that helped me out alot w stuff like that that nite 2 saturdays ago.Becareful folks things can happen in a blink of an eye an life is too short to be taken for granted never mind the enviro *****!

Old 10-22-2003 | 09:44 PM
Pro Rider

Hard to believe he's out of detox again. He even owns a golf cart with a small block chevy for power. Just goes to show, Jack black, beer, and horsepower aren't a good combo. Sorry but I have no sympathy for the jerk and now he's helping to put us all in a bad light.

Old 10-22-2003 | 09:50 PM
|
Pro Rider

I see your point but when I flipped my quad I wasnt on anything,after I got up I wish I had been corked tholol.We dont know if he was drunk or not,its always the wrong people for the wrong jobs or careeres,look the athletes are poor role models,race car driver drinks an drives,it even spills over to the 1s who handles moneey like our illustrious poiliticians.SOme things just dont change[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 10-22-2003 | 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

Poor AL!!! I feel his pain!!!!!! I rolled my R down a big hill about 3 years ago and it landed on me!!!!! I broke my pelvis in 5 different spots and fractured my pubic bone in 8 different spots!!!!!!! The just ended up with bent bars!! That's how she got the name "Deablo de Negro"(Black Devil)