Anyone have Alpinestars Tech 6's? What do you have?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2003, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have Alpinestars Tech 6's? What do you have?

I'm thinking about getting a new pair of boots and I found a good price on these....

Anyone have Alpinestars? How do you like them?

If no one has Alpinestars what kind of boots do you have?

Old 10-28-2003, 08:51 PM
Trailblazer

i have the alpinestars tech 6 or 8 i forgot but they are really nice i like them a lot haven't had any problems they are now 2 years old

Old 10-28-2003, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

where are you buying them from, online ?? what kind of price, Ive been thinking about
getting those O'neal ATV Allterrain boots.

Old 10-28-2003, 11:05 PM
Pro Rider

Alpinestars

O'Neal

Old 10-29-2003, 04:34 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have them all, the Tech 8, 6, and 4. Alpinestars all the way!!

I started out with the Tech 8's, but they proved to be overkill for recreational riding. However, I would certainly chose them for racing or freestyle jumping (any kind of very high risk riding!). Lots of ankel support and great protection, but hard to walk in and a bit heavy. Hot in the summer.

The Tech 4 (with ATV sole) on the other hand is my choice for technical trail riding in the mountains on the utilities. They are comfortable and flexible, easy to walk in. On these kinds of rides, I am off the bike a fair amount of time (helping other riders through tough sections, building trails, busting through snow banks, etc.), so I want a boot that has great traction and comfort. Cooler for summer riding. My girlfriend and kids, all wear Tech 4's.

For desert riding, I wear the Tech 6's and love them!! I have to say they are my favorites. This is agressive, fast, rough, cross-country sport bike riding. They are a nice "intermediate" boot. Good protection, but not so big and heavy as the Tech 8's. Yet they do have considerably more support and protection than the Tech 4's. Still, you wouldn't want to walk to far in them.

I see you live in WV (I grew up in Morgantown). For eastern trail riding, I would pick the Tech 4 for most situations. Or, the Tech 6 if you are an agressive rider.

Old 10-29-2003, 08:04 AM
Pro Rider

Wow! Thanks reconranger! I am going to get the 6's mostly because of the price...hard to beat that price form checking other sites with them.

I tried on a pair at my local shop but they were about a size too small but still felt very comfy....I've got some Answer boots that are great boots just a little on the uncomfortable after a while.....

Morgantown is a kickin little town....a fiery town when the Mountaineers win a big game ;-)

Old 10-29-2003, 10:16 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

One nice thing about both the Tech 6 and 8, is that in the instep of the sole (where the foot peg will rub the worst), there is an easily replacable piece of the sole. This is where my boot soles always wear out first!! In the past, I have only gotten a couple of years out of a boot. Hope by repalcing these, I will get some more mileage out of them.