Anyone hate their job?

Search this Thread

Old 10-30-2003, 02:43 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone hate their job?

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
There's a support group for people who hate their job. It's called "Everyone" and they meet at the bar.

Member since October 2000 (legally)

Old 10-30-2003, 04:05 PM
Pro Rider

Hey Texas,

I'm in the electrical racket too, on the construction/engineering side. We deal mostly in the oil and gas industry (offshore). I've been with my company now for nearly 9 years and I can safely say that this current project I'm on is the absolute worst I've ever worked on. Nobody here is in the lead .. we've got a fellow over from the UK who's getting paid more per day than most of the rest of us get in a week, to be the project manager. He doesn't have a clue what managing a job is about it seems. You never know he's there unless you go ask him a question. The answer to your questions from him almost invariably is "I honestly don't know" .. and we're paying you for WHAT again???

It's probably the second time in 9 years that I've contemplated leaving the company. I usually like my job, but I hate this one!!

Glad to hear you're at least getting paid well!!!

L8rs all!

Old 10-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Weekend Warrior

not bored yet, so its ok. well other than dirt, noise, too hot or cold. it could be worse.

Old 10-30-2003, 05:32 PM
Elite Pro Rider

only two days before a ride weekend.

Old 10-30-2003, 05:43 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I started off shining shoes and I hated it, but loved the money because it fed my dirtbike habit and produced a work ethic that stayed with me for life.

Chet

Old 10-30-2003, 10:00 PM
Weekend Warrior

I've worked at three jobs in the last 10 years after school. I hated one and liked two. By the way I'm an electrician, the only difference between happiness and pure agony was the people that I worked for and with.

Old 10-30-2003, 11:07 PM
Weekend Warrior

Lot of electricians in here. I'm an apprentice IBEW Wireman and I can honestly say that I really enjoy my job. I haven't been in the trade that long but it's a complete 180 from having hated my previous job. For two years I would stay up late not wanting to go to sleep because I knew that when I woke up at 4am I'd have to go into work. I made barely over minimum wage and worked 7 10's for 2 years straight (christmas day off) just to pay bills/college. It was a factory that could pass for a sweat shop. I hated the dangerous, dirty, oily conditions, the weld-smoke filled air, the unwashed people that I worked around and the fact that my yellow toothed boss used to always hit on my g/f (she worked in the main office). I hated every single day of my life for two years, a hate that I still have trouble describing to people. That's pretty much when I knew that that was as low as I would get. I figured, barring venereal disease or disfigurement, my life was about as bad as it was going to get. So I can look back at that and just remember that... it could be alot worse.

-Marc

Old 10-30-2003, 11:32 PM
Pro Rider

Glad to hear you are content with your new trade. Having worked at a few different factories myself, I definitely know where you're coming from.

Old 10-31-2003, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

anyone else thats posted in the oil field besides NLWarrior? man i would love to work offshore if i didn't have kids, at least for a few months. wouldn't have top worry about the wife, she would probably leave if i stayed gone that long. i work in a gas plant. we don't produce anything but instead strip the liquids from the gas stream and sell them(propane,ethane and such) when i'm not bored stiff or haveing to pull 20 or 30 hrs straight it's actually pretty interresting. we have five cryo systems that operate down to 75deg below zero and i get to work on turbin engines, same as jet engines. but man after 15 years you just start wondering. kinda like the old cow looking at the grass on the other side of the fence, still taste the same but sure looks better. i know what your saying about the bar being a good support group but those sorry suckers arnt there the next day to support me when my eyes feel they are going to pop out of my head and my head feels like a midgit is pounding on it with a hammer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 10-31-2003, 11:57 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: selector
When are we going to meet up for a weekend dune trip.?
in my best Fred Sanford voice: Don't nobody go set'n up a dune trip 'round these here parts w/o talking to me too! Damn!
You a member of AK-47.net also? Fred cracks me up. He's such a troll. But he's funny at times. Gotta love that purple shotgun![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] What handle do you go by over there? I use the same handle as here: DEMag.

Quick Reply: Anyone hate their job?