got some ps2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-14-2004, 08:29 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some ps2 problems

Theys a few good ones I still like to play. Some of the Final Fantasy's, Metal Gear Solid, GTA, Gran Turismo. Not alot, but still, a few.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider

Nevermind about what i just posted, i found the problem.

Old 01-14-2004, 08:44 PM
Range Rover

I had the same problem with the PS2 except that it would not play the PS2 games but would play the PS1 games.

LethalAudio, will this same procedure fix this problem?

Thanks.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:05 PM
Pro Rider

hondaracer305
have you taken all eight screws out? I tried to take the cover off and discovered that I had missed two. There are 6 on the bottom and 2 towards the reset and eject buttons. My problem is that once you get the cover off the ps2 the screws that hold the cover over the laser are two small for every screw driver I have. I don't know how to get them out.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

oops I posted before you edited your message.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:12 PM
Trailblazer

here is a good website to fix all of your disc read error problems

Disc Read Error Fix

Old 01-14-2004, 09:15 PM
Range Rover

Hmm, I didnt know they put that up on the website. I saw them do it on tv a while back, thats where I learned some of the things. But yea, thats what you should go by, its basically what I said, but a lil more detailed.

Old 01-14-2004, 09:22 PM
Pro Rider

what about the small screws that cover the lens?

Old 01-14-2004, 11:40 PM
Pro Rider

Roosthrower, i have a small set of 6 screwdrivers in a yellow/clear case from stanely, i think my dad got em at walmart and they work great.

I followed the instructions off of that tech tv thing, and it never worked. I got it to work one time when i listened to lethalaudios advise and when i was putting the case back on, it reset and didnt work again, i tried it again, gave up, took it back apart to dab some alchohol back on the lens and try more and got nothing but frustrated, im not saying lethalaudios advise was misleading one bit, its just that i got one of the first few 100s of ps2s in the country, that was when they cost $300.00, boy did i get jipped. id like to **** on that ps2, throw it out the window, shoot it a couple times with a shotgun, while taping it, and send it in to sony. Sonys playstation 2s are not worth spending a sack of **** on, they have let me down by selling defective pieces of crap such as the ps2, the only reason i will EVER get another ps2 is because they have my favorite games. sony sucks.

Old 01-14-2004, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

If yours is one of the first ones out, you may have blown the power supply. Mine went out just recently on my first one, it too was one of the first released here in the US. You can get a new one for about 25 bucks from japan. But its not worth it really. I just went and bought another one off a friend for 50 bucks. My brothers PS2 is about a year and a half old and started doing the things mine did, so I did the gear trick and give the lens a good cleaning and told him to run it horozontal and it works perfectly.
Itd be the power supply if you turn the switch on and not even the reset button lights up. Or it might be the ribbon came out. But if it powers up and starts up but wont read the cd, you need to mess with that gear a little more. Maybe turn it the other way. Its frustrating I know, trust me....I KNOW.
Tell me, just exactly what is it doing?

EDIT: Not to try and discourage you or anything. But there are about 5-6 different models of the PS2 that have been released. Each one being a little better than the next and some of the problems fixed. The first ones were s**t, but are still very fixable for a small price. However the time it would take to get the parts and the time to put it together and all the labor is hardly worth it. Rumor Has it the PS2 is dropping to 130 bucks around springtime if things go right with sony. They are said to be doing it to compete with the GC and to further outsell the X-Brick. Youd be better off trying to find one off a friend or waiting a few till the price drops.

Quick Reply: got some ps2 problems