got some ps2 problems

Search this Thread

Old 01-15-2004, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default got some ps2 problems

I might just stop by ebay to find one since all of my friends are happy with theirs, as of now. Mine is the one with the cooling fins right beside the cd case thing, they are aluminum, but the only problem is is that it wont read h6 and GTA. i have turned the gear all the way around at about 2 clicks at a time, still nothing, i left it the way i had it and then it wouldnt play Huevos 4, so i turned it all the way around the way i had it when i first started and it worked good, but still no luck on Huevos 6 working [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] appreciate the input.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:08 AM
Pro Rider

hey hondaracer and anyone else that has got something from wally world and needs to exchange it. i ran into the same problem a few months ago when i bought my daughter a dvd player for her birthday. i bought the thing about a month before her birthday and lost the recept. when we tried it the player wouldn't work. i racked my brain and came up with an idea. i went back to wal mart and bought another one just like it and two days later i took the messed up one back with the recept and got my money back. i got a new one and a refund for the old one that way. the store wanted to exchange it but i told them i was unhappy and just wanted a refund and they went ahead and gave me one. just thought i would let you know what worked for me.

Old 01-15-2004, 01:11 PM
Range Rover

Thats probably one of the most ingenious things Ive ever heard...brilliant, just brilliant.

Old 01-15-2004, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider

Maybe you guys can help me out with my PS2 question. When I set up my ps2 a few years ago, I made it so you have to enter a code to watch movies with certain ratings. Since then, its just become an inconvenience. Anyone know how to revert it back to not having to enter the stupid code every time I pop in a dvd?

Old 01-15-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
hey hondaracer and anyone else that has got something from wally world and needs to exchange it. i ran into the same problem a few months ago when i bought my daughter a dvd player for her birthday. i bought the thing about a month before her birthday and lost the recept. when we tried it the player wouldn't work. i racked my brain and came up with an idea. i went back to wal mart and bought another one just like it and two days later i took the messed up one back with the recept and got my money back. i got a new one and a refund for the old one that way. the store wanted to exchange it but i told them i was unhappy and just wanted a refund and they went ahead and gave me one. just thought i would let you know what worked for me.
Damn thats a good idea! I would do it but now they have those PS2 online packs so if i returned the old one, it wouldnt have all the stuff they gave me in the new box, or do they even check? Thanks for the idea, i might just try it, or get my parents to since they will believe them more than a 15 y/o [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 01-15-2004, 07:33 PM
Pro Rider

my mom has been doing that with my cd players for years.

Also I got the screws off the lens cover. I used one of those mini screw drivers that comes with the tech deck skateboards. My problem now is that the disc doesn't spin with the center thing. The center thing will spin and it will throw the disc out of alignment. By the way, how many clicks from the lowest setting is the thing supposed to be adjusted at?

Old 01-15-2004, 07:52 PM
Range Rover

You can spin the gear all the way around and then it just resets again to the low point. Im not quite sure how to explain it but you know what I mean. Not really sure why its throwing the disc off. Are you running it with the cd cover off? It cant run the cd without the cover holding the cd down.

Old 01-15-2004, 10:32 PM
Pro Rider

I got everything fixed and running right. I got it put together too. Thanks for the help lethal.

Old 01-15-2004, 11:32 PM
Range Rover

Glad to help. Now you can tell people you can fix them and charge $20/hr lol