Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2004 | 11:32 AM
Trailblazer
Default Offroad Fury 3????

True, True

Old 01-16-2004 | 11:34 AM
Trailblazer

But nothing beats talking to Socom and having things happen.

If they brought out goldeneye for the Xbox, I would buy just for that though. That was my favorite game ever.

Old 01-16-2004 | 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

us x-boxers have RainbowSix 3... same technology as SOCOM. actually better. plus we can mod our xbox more than a PS2 could ever be modded [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] 120GB hard drive... beat that

Old 01-16-2004 | 02:33 PM
Trailblazer

No need to mod it to beat it.

Mod it all you want, the games are still second rate to the ones developed for the ps2. Plus Microsoft will be out of gaming in the next year. They don't sell enough xboxes to make any money.

Sony's been doing it better for longer. Look at the new PSX and tell me they don't.

PSX

This thing should be here this year.

Old 01-16-2004 | 03:57 PM
Pro Rider

atv off road fury two is great, i have all the quads unlocked and all levels, it would be nice to see some graphics like paddle tires play the role in the hopefully up coming game of atv off road fury 3, i know they show the paddle tires on quad power racing 2, you know the one where you can kick people off,

what do you think the best atv on that game is, the ravage talons are not real quads or they are just named different,

what are the names on the 250r's in that game called? i have all the quads but they say like the team names and what not, the B6000 is pretty cool though

i also heard that ps2 will soon get Halo, and i would hate for that to happen because then x-box has no prised game that just they have like halo and halo 2 (coming in spring 04)

later

Old 01-16-2004 | 04:52 PM
Pro Rider

first of all lennie....xbox is and will be in the market from now till at least 10 years....bill gates plan...xbox 2 or xbox next which is more of a family console which will work with tv and all! market will by b/c of more useful options and also gaming...plus with visual comparing the ps2 is in second sorry but graphic accelerators and technology prove it!

Old 01-16-2004 | 06:38 PM
Trailblazer

True, Xbox does have better tech specs. It should it's 2 years newer. The PS2 came out in 2000, nearly 4 years ago, yet it still easily outsells the xbox and gamecube. So, technology or not, the PS2 is a more widely used machine. In my investment magazine, it claims that Microsoft has taken a large loss on the Xbox and that it may be discontinued in the future due to lackluster sales.

You can say MS is goling to come out with XBOX 15, but sony too will have a new model, so that's a push.

The fact that there are so many PS2's and that Sony has always guaranteed backwards compatabilty, makes developers prefer the PS2. Since Xbox came out, Halo has been the only game to make people stand up and say wow. PS2 has had several games that are flat out awesome. GTA3, Gran Tursmo, Socom, ATV Offroad Fury 2 and many more.

Bottom line is, they are good competition and that's good for all of us gamers because that creates better product. I'm glad you like your Xbox. I like my ps2. We'll both argue until we are red in the face which one is better and neither one of us will be right.

Old 01-16-2004 | 07:04 PM
Pro Rider

All I know is that I own a ps2 and an xbox...I bought my ps2 when it first came out and my xbox a couple months after its release...I love both systems. I used to be a diehard ps2 fan but when I saw Halo, I just had to own an xbox. The funny thing now is that whenever I buy a new game and its available on both systems, I always buy it for the xbox. They do look better and the games load a heck of a lot faster on the xbox. Plus you don't have to worry about running out of memory thats for sure. Also certain games let you play your own soundtrack. Its true that there are some cool games on the ps2 but not that many. SOCOM and Gran Turismo are the 2 games that I wish were on the xbox, I think that if they were, I'd probably never play my ps2 again.

Old 01-16-2004 | 08:09 PM
Pro Rider

lets get back on to atv fury 3 lol. if it was like Gran turismo that be awsome. good thinkin Lennie

Old 01-17-2004 | 12:15 AM
Pro Rider

tru tru lennie....i have no prob with ps2 though...its all good....i just think they will try and persuade ppl with at least one more system...then they might go out...but who knows till then...

Quick Reply: Offroad Fury 3????