1 Million Messages

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2004 | 01:42 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default 1 Million Messages

Dear forum members,

In the early morning hours on Saturday, January 24, 2004 the forums reached the one million message mark! Congratulations!

ATV Connection Magazine was started in 1996 and was one of only two ATV sites on the entire Internet. In 1996 the forum was launched along with the ATV Connection Chat room and the ATV Connection email discussion list. These were the first of their kind in the ATV industry. Over the years the forum has taken many forms as new software became available. Many of the early messages were lost when old forum software was discarded in favor of new software that offered more services for our readers. Today the forums run on software that has been 80% custom written for our members and will continue to be enhanced with features created by ATVers for ATVers.

Back in 1996, a big day on the forums occurred when 25 people visited the forums in one whole day! 25 people! Hard to imagine, isn't it? In fact, many people who came later to the Internet don't realize when they surf ATV sites that much of what they see is modeled after the innovations which began here. The reason I mention that is to encourage you to stay tuned! This year you'll see many exciting new things happening here and in the pages of our Magazine . You won't want to miss them!

Today, the forums have over 42,000 registered members. Thousands of people visit every day. On average, 78,000 pages are read each and every day in these forums.

I would like to take this opportunity to personally thank each of you for choosing our forum and for your outstanding contributions. We may be the Company who has the privilege of providing the forum service, but let there be no doubt that each and every one of you ARE the forum. You make the forums what they are today.

From all of us at ATV Connection Magazine -- Thank you! Its been an honor.

I would also like to thank our hard working moderators who volunteer their time to keep these forums clean, organized, and a place where the entire family can come to talk about their love of ATVing -- thank you, Moderators!

Warmest regards,

Dave Beckstrom
President, CEO
ATV Connection Magazine

Old 01-24-2004 | 01:54 PM
RIP Dear Friend

I remember back in late 1996 on the old Gateway Pent Pro 180 your site was one of the first I viewed.

I still have the pages that I printed for information on different ATV's. Atving.com

WTG

Dbeck

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:00 PM
Pro Rider

Who made the millionth post?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:05 PM
Pro Rider

Hi,
You probaly notice that I only have about 40 post, but I have seen this site for a long time. And I decided to get a ID here. This forum is the best on the internet for ATV's if you ask me. I have been to other ATV forums, but none were as good as this one has been to me. I love this site, and I would like to thank the staff here for making a great site.

I have a question...you said "In the early morning hours on Saturday, January 24, 2004"

You said EARLY morning...could by any chance that 1 million-th post been posted by me. I was on in the EARLY morning, and I was just wondering if it was posted by me. Is there a way you can see if it was me?
Thanks For a Wonderful Site!

Freak

GOD BLESS THE USA!!!

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:08 PM
|
Pro Rider

I'm leaving the office for a few hours. When I return I'll run some queries and see who the millionth poster was and I'll post the name here late this afternoon or early this evening.

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:11 PM
Pro Rider

Oh, ok. Have a great day!

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:16 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

well,,,the second million should come a bit easier than the 1st

good deal

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Congrads! 8years for a million. Im betting 3years for the 2nd million.

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:44 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: GE4x4
I know it was after 4:00am CST

Old 01-24-2004 | 02:45 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GE4x4
I really think that I posted the million-th post. I was on at 2am-6am this morning. I hope it was me. If it was, then maybe I will get the second million-th post also.

But I bet it was me, in the 'honda forum' at about 3:00am (central) this morning... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

But if it was not, oh well, I guess theres always a 2 million...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 1 Million Messages