Hello Loggers, Bye Bye Trails!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-23-2004 | 06:42 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Hello Loggers, Bye Bye Trails!!!!

Hey, check out my pics page. I got a couple of pictures of where the loggers came through. I'll try getting some more up later this week. You can definately see that I won't be getting my 4-wheeler through there any time soon.

Old 02-23-2004 | 07:27 PM
Pro Rider

Heck, that's fun riding for a utility ATV.
Seriously though it is a lot of ugliness for 2 grand. You should have offered to cut enough lawns for the 2 grand if they leave the trails alone. Looks like you could make a project out of cutting the limbs and such to managable lengths and skidding them with your quad. Those gangly stumps could be an awful hazard though and ought to be cut off as close to the ground as possible. Even if you get the ground cover cleaned up, one of those stumps will hurt you badly if you fetch into it at speed.
Place ought to get prettier when it greens up in spring.

Old 02-23-2004 | 07:45 PM
|
Pro Rider

We are cutting a lot of the smaller stuff up and using our Kubota and John Deere tractors to pull it out. The Kubota has a loader on it, so that works for pushing some of the smaller stuff out of the way. I'm hoping once spring comes around it will look better... I miss the green stuff, plants and money.
I make a bunch of money mowing lawns just from my accounts. I have one contract that is is $2,600 a year alone. And I have 3 smaller ones and am working on picking up some more for this summer when school is out. I also pick up some of the slack when my dad and uncle can't get to the lawns they have to mow.

Old 02-23-2004 | 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I guess all you can do now is move forward. Your only choice is to start cleaing up. (At least the areas you want to drive through.) Maybe you can use the brush for a camping area or something. Make a negative into a positive. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-24-2004 | 12:21 AM
Pro Rider

That seems like an awful lot of b/s for $2000...thats just trashed. Hopefully they are smart loggers and actually know ****, like if they ended up have to trim tree's etc etc etc. If they didn't cut like morons, it should really bloom nicely in the spring and further springs to come and make for a great track of any kind. Heck if I lived anywhere near you I'd help you clear that crap out...I grew up in the woods, it sickens me to see area's like that.

Old 02-24-2004 | 10:30 AM
|
Pro Rider

It makes me sick too, not only because of my trails being destroyed, but also because of the beauty and trees being destroyed. I've lived in wooded areas all my life and have a lot of respect for that kind of stuff. Another thing that really made me mad was a lot of the trees that didn't get logged still got destroyed because of other trees falling on them and busting off the tops. I just hope this spring things bloom better or else I am going to be PI$$ED big time. Luckily they haven't made it across the stream yet because it is too wet and hopefully I can have a talk with them and mark off some areas that I don't want touched. Luckily it is raining all week, so they won't be able to do much work this week, and they broke the grapple on the skidder.

Old 02-24-2004 | 12:44 PM
Pro Rider

lol
well, I hope you can save some nice spots or atleast get them to clear something out for you...that'd be cool

Old 02-24-2004 | 06:34 PM
|
Pro Rider

Dang loggers showed up today and got the skidder fixed. My dad told them that they aren't touching anymore of our land because it wasn't worth the mess. I'm not sure what my grandparents are doing. They cut down one tree on the other side of the stream, so I guess that means they are going to start working there when it dries up. They cleared a few paths for me to get through.
My little brothers are really mad because a log "accidently" (more like carelessly) got dropped on their "fort" that they have been working on for about 2 months.

Old 02-24-2004 | 07:22 PM
Pro Rider

that sucks man...maybe the loggers will rebuild the fort??[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

lol, should build another one right in the middle of their path

Old 02-24-2004 | 07:57 PM
|
Pro Rider

Me and my grandpa already said they we would help them build another one. It was pretty funny tho watching my little 7 year old brother try to kick one of the logger guys after he got home from school and saw what happened.
And oh yeah, they moved my bridge made out of 4x6 and 2x8, and I CAN'T FIND IT. Guess I'm not getting across the stream any time soon. Oh well, nothing to do now except try to clean some of it up.

Quick Reply: Hello Loggers, Bye Bye Trails!!!!