Got stopped by the polics today.

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2004, 05:33 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got stopped by the polics today.

See all you people ride your quads down the street..i only do it when thers some snow..the cops stay inside then. But this is a Honda CRF50...its a 50cc dirtbike..a minibike!! Ahh the cops here are really stupid.

Old 02-26-2004, 05:34 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
and people wonder why the gov is trying to ban atv's?

Doubt thats ever gonna happen buddy...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-26-2004, 08:39 PM
Pro Rider

z250master,

maybe you could tell me where I can find a "NEW" three-wheeler then.

Oh that's right, they were banned. You can not legally purchase a new 3-wheeled ATV in the U.S.A.

Old 02-27-2004, 02:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

You cant even come close to comparing atv accidents/deaths to cars, hunting,and boating accidents look at the volume of use of each of these recreations. Atv's by far have the least amount of purchases when compared to the others listed. Also atv use does cause the most damage to property and I believe that is the biggest complaint people have when they voice their concerns. It is true that people against something will only point out the negative points. When it does come to accidents with atv's im sure the cause of the accident could have easily been avoided with common sense or injuries reduced with appropriate protection.

You can tell that by some posts people leave that not everybody uses common sense

Old 02-27-2004, 09:43 AM
Pro Rider

some are missing my point. i'm not against atv's at all. as a matter of fact i am going today to buy my 6 y/o son a DS90. all i am try to say is don't draw a lot of attention to yourself if your bending the law a little. i see nothing wrong with riding an atv on a small town street especailly when there is snow to be played in.i'm 40 and i would jump at the chance to ride in some snow but we never get any. but why not do it on a street that theres not many people on, not down the main street. like i said i'm not trying to scold anyone just trying to protect our rights to keep enjoying the sport. as for the sales of atvs. there are more atv's sold in the U.S than all other recreation vehicles. that includes boats, jet skies, motorcycles and campers. and as for the gov banning them? hopefully that is a fat chance but they are trying. like someone said they did ban the three wheeler as far as dealers manufacturing and selling new ones and they have basiclly put speed restrictions and age limits on new atv's plus they are regularly shutting down areas where people ride. their next step is to try and completely ban them. we all want to keep enjoying the sport and i think all parents that ride want their children to be able to enjoy it when they are grown also along with out grandkids. the accident i mentioned had noting to do with the atv but the fact that some parents didn't take the time to teach their kids proper riding safety and respect for the atv. i feel bad for the kids and for the parents for their loss but things like this is what the anti-atv people jump on and use to try and prove how unsafe atvs are. two weeks ago i was at a local riding area and there was two kids that looked to be 6 or 7 riding around together on a 700 sportsman. they were having a ball but the atv really was to big for them. even though the gov says they shouldn't be on nothing bigger than a 50cc they looked big enough and seemed to ride good enough to handle a 90cc maybe a 100cc but the 700 was over kill. if for some reason the press had been around it would have made the papers. first they were riding double, which i admit i have done a few times and second their feet barely reached the floor boards. they had fun and didn't get hurt but the point is if they had the gov would have had that much more ammo to use against us. just use your common sense and keep a low profile when you think you might be in the wrong, even better try to follow the safety rules. hope i haven't pissed you young ones off. i know you probably think i am just some old fart trying to stop your fun but i have been riding since i was 5 and believe it or not i can remember how fun it was to be young, for one thing my bones didn't break as easy. just use the common sense i know you have and still have fun.

Old 02-27-2004, 10:07 AM
Pro Rider

Tex,

I see where you're coming from and agree. I posted a reply to a thread similar to this in a another forum. There was only one other person in that thread (moderator) that backed me up by saying, "If you're going to post about your actions and making our sport look bad, don't cry when you're called on it"!

Old 02-27-2004, 11:47 AM

TexasPsycho, That was by far one of the best posts I have ever seen in these forums! Thank You.

z250, my first machine was a Z50, about 35 years ago. Back then we didn't have to worry about public opinion and rode everwhere on that thing. That was then, this is now. Now you have people who want to take away our sport and will use anything to do it. It's bad enough that they use lies and half truths to do it. What Texas is saying is, just don't give them any ammo.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

...There are WAY more deaths and people breaking the law from snowmobling, dirtbiking, and motorcycles...

The fact that ATV's are still a relatively new sport and as yet don't possess large numbers is the very REASON they make an easy target for tub thumpers to grandstand about 'Dangerous machines, unsafe, reckless operators...' and whatever else comes to mind. Do not be deluded into thinking that our comparatively tiny sport is invulnerable in any way.
In these times, 'safety' legislation is more rampant than ever, and ambitious politicians are forever on the lookout for some platform to look like a hero on that will impress the many at the expense of the few. We must not let our sport become the Corvair for some political hack. (Corvair was a car made by Chevy in the 60's that became the undeserved target for 'safety' concerns in a book called, 'Unsafe At Any Speed' by Ralph Nader. Nader became famous and Chevy stopped making Corvairs, and no U.S. automaker ever again tried making an aluminum block mid engine sports car, or any other radical departure from the same old iron hulks Detroit had been spitting out. Thanks, Ralph)

Any time some overly enthusiastic kid wheelies down the street or tears around in public view, we all suffer the bad vibes and ATV'ing does not need bad press. Any time somebody plunks a little kid on a huge powerful ATV and people can see it or hear about an accident, we all eat it.
It may not be fair, maybe not fair at all. But we can't go around and say,"What about snowmobiles, what about dirt bikes?" Nobody is listening.

We just have to be smart, and if you see some ATV'er making us all look bad, try to talk to him/her.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:34 PM
Range Rover

See people need to be smart when riding, not like go crazy thinking that they are all that. Ya know what i mean..wear a helmet, chest protector, and the gear you need. Dont drive crazy, and there shouldnt be this many problems. I think the reasons ATC's were banned was because that they are very unstable and extremly easy to flip. Thats what i gather, i've never used one before.

Old 02-27-2004, 01:36 PM
Range Rover

Look i'm not riding a quad down the street, its a minibike, its like really small. I'm not trying to draw attention, i just like riding.

Quick Reply: Got stopped by the polics today.