Pressure washer

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2004 | 12:58 AM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

Anyone know of an inexpensive yet powerfull pressure washer that connects up to your air compressor? I just picked up a 35 gallon air compressor and am in need of a pressure washer. But I dont want to spend $200+ on a seperate unit. I would like to just be able to connect it to my air compressor and my garden hose use it that way. But I cant seem to find any that work that way?

Old 03-12-2004 | 01:39 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

I don't really know much about them. I have a John Deere power washer that didn't cost too much. I had to change the tip to get the pressure I wanted out of it.

Old 03-12-2004 | 02:02 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Pressure washer

they are run by a high pressure waterpump

some better than others +/- psi

I wont buy one till I can afford a good one. (I have tried to use some crappy ones)

I actually want a Hotsy hot water washer,,,,,,still saving $$$$ (at least that would be a business expense)

I want a 3000 psi hot water washer. Here

after using one,,,I find it hard to settle for those $100 - 500 home depot specials.

You should be able to find a decent one for your needs.

Old 03-12-2004 | 02:05 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Default Pressure washer

Im not sure, but I would say your average carwash is about 800-1000 psi.

Old 03-12-2004 | 11:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

Guys, just a little advice on pressure. All the pressure in the world means nothing without volume. The cheap $100 to $200 outfits don't do well because they are 1000 to 1500 psi but only about 1 to 2 gpm. To make a good pressure washer you need to run 4 gpm or better. I have one that is 10 H.P. gas, 3200# @ 4 gpm that does a pretty good job. I paid $499 about a year ago.

Our local car wash runs 4000# at 6gpm. Gotta be careful!

I don't know of anyone who offers one for use with an air compressor but I don't see why you couldn't adapt a sand blast gun for use with water instead of sand.

Old 03-12-2004 | 02:17 PM
|
Elite Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

That sucks!! Hmmmm. I may have to do a litte McGiver action and rig something up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-12-2004 | 03:00 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

NorthernTool.com has a bunch of power washers and attachments to choose from. There is a Comet Easy Bolt-on pressure washer pump in their catalog. (I don't really know what it bolts on.) You could almost buy a power washer for the price of the bolt-on.

Old 03-12-2004 | 06:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Pressure washer

BBS, If you want to try the mcGyver route, start with a cheap sand blast gun. Attach a garden hose fitting to the siphon side where it would normally pick up sand and a piece of aluminum or steel tube to the nozzle with a quick disconnect on the end that will accept standard pressure washer nozzels and see what happens. Who knows? Might be the way to go.

Old 03-12-2004 | 10:27 PM
Range Rover
Default Pressure washer

My brother hada 5 hp one they are so nice to use after a long hard day of riding you just got to watch you don't blow your stickers off.

Old 03-13-2004 | 10:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Default Pressure washer

Originally posted by: Dangerous
BBS, If you want to try the mcGyver route, start with a cheap sand blast gun. Attach a garden hose fitting to the siphon side where it would normally pick up sand and a piece of aluminum or steel tube to the nozzle with a quick disconnect on the end that will accept standard pressure washer nozzels and see what happens. Who knows? Might be the way to go.
Sounds like a 'Dangerous' water atomizing gun,,,,,it might work well for watering the grass,,,,but I doubt it will scrub your Scram.

there is no air involved in pressure washing,,,,just forced water pressure.

I would save your money on all that stuff and apply it to a real pressure washer.

Quick Reply: Pressure washer