Need a new computer?!

Search this Thread

Old 03-28-2004, 01:27 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Need a new computer?!

Try to stay away from HP's got with a Compaq instead they tend to build the Hps cheap and weak, they make the compaqs with better parts but usually skimp on the RAM. As for the win xp win 2k comment. I wouldnt touch windows 200 got for a machine loaded with windows xp professional, it is the best operating system Bill Gates has ever put out, the home version on the other hand is extremly lacking in function and compatibility.

Old 03-28-2004, 02:19 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

WE just revently purchased a new computer... It is an HP...2.6 pentium 4, 512 megs of ram 120 g hard drive, dvd rom drive, cd rw drive, like 12 usb ports umm memory stick slots, We got a 17 inch lcd and a printer/copier/scanner for around 1,600 I think...the only thing that I would need to upgrade is the video card but not really planing on doing that right away

EDIT:

what are you going to be using the computer for?

Old 03-29-2004, 12:29 AM
Range Rover

I agree with range rover, build your own. If that's beyond your skills. Look around for a local shop, most of them have package deals that you can mix or match to meet your needs. when you go this way, it's alot simpler and cheaper to upgrade when you feel the need.

Old 03-29-2004, 12:50 AM
Pro Rider

I will also agree.. building your own computer is a lot better and much cheaper than buying a computer from the store. That way you KNOW whats on your comp. You can load everything yourself which means no unwanted software.

As far as HP goes.. The only thing they make that is good would be printers and scanners. There comps are junk. IMO My first computer was an HP from wal-mart, I spent more money trying to get it to run properly than I did for the original computer.

And about the OS thing, I believe that XP pro is the best OS out there right now from Microsoft. But I would have to agree that XP home isnt really that great and I would take 2000 over XP home edition.

If you don't want to mess around with building your own, I would definately buy a Dell. IMO they are put together using the best parts and in the best way. Or if your loaded, get yourself an Alienware Comp. .. oooh yeaaah!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2004, 04:04 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

I dont see why HP is so bad...had ours for several months now and not one single problem

but if you have the know how I would say build your own...you can put whatever you want inside of it without having to pay extra for stuff you dont want...plus you can get some kick @ss lookin cases for it

Old 03-29-2004, 11:04 AM
Pro Rider

superballs is right, i have never had a "Real" computer, i have always bought parts and stuck em together.
my next upgrade is going to be to a amd opteron (64 bit) at about 2.2 - 2.8 ghz with 512mb 333mhz ddr, 80gb sata hd, and keeping the voodoo 5.
sorry if i confuzed anyone.
and NO microjunk garbage to clog it up, LINUX ALL THE WAY!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-29-2004, 01:39 PM
Pro Rider

no linux garbage! microsoft all the way!
JKJKJKJK

Old 03-29-2004, 01:54 PM
Pro Rider

thats a good joke. lol man...

Old 03-29-2004, 05:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Jarod
thats a good joke. lol man...
heres a better one...MAC ALL THAT WAY!!

Old 03-30-2004, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Build your own that is what my brother did. even cable internet is to slow for that computer. you buy all the parts like the case and the mother board and the CPU, hard drive, disk drives, moniter. ram, and all the other stuff you ned like a power suply. you can costomize them with aftermarket fans and dark lights that go on the inside and glow on the outside. and they all plug into the computer power supply so they dont take up room on the power outlets that every body needs more of. or you can buy a case that alreadys has LEDs and stuff put into the case and stuff and it looks more proffesional for about 80 bucks.but yeah it is pretty simple you buy the internal parts and then you put it all together. and plug it in. My brother made a computer that is worth about about 900 bucks for 500 becuase he waited for the exspensive stuff to come on sale before he bought them so if you are patient and look hard for good deals on stuff you can get a kick a$$ computer for way less. and you can always add stuff onto them. it is kind of like a quad you can really costomize and build them up. good luck

Quick Reply: Need a new computer?!