This will make you want to bust some A$$

Search this Thread

Old 04-01-2004 | 12:26 PM
Pro Rider
Default This will make you want to bust some A$$

The point he was getting at I think. Was in the movie( yes I know that was a movie and this real life) is that a small band of Americans used guerilla tactics to fight the foreigners who invaded our country and caused fear among them by killing small groups rather then engaging the main force and make them wonder if the next group of guys out was going to come back. Just a thought of what he might of been pointing out.

As for the guys who were killed they were mercenaries/security gaurds who were being paid up to 200 grand to be there( it was in the paper the other day about the military losing there special forces to private security companys over the higher pay offered) so they knew what the risks are. 3 of them were ex SEALS and the was a ex Army Special Forces guy and they had the misfortune to turn down that paticular area, just hours after a troop carrier was blown up by a burried bomb. This paticular town was Saddam's where his military officers and important business men came from and they were put out of jobs when we invaded so they took advantage when they saw the lone group. By using there tactics that they are using is putting fear into American moms and dads and grandparents and they are putting pressure on the politicans to not back Bush, even though Bush is pushing forward(which he should) he may lose the backing of congress over these guerilla tactics and he will have his purse strings cut. Then it will be Somalia all over, looking like us running with our tails between are legs. All by just parading a few Americans around on television. My question is if they truelly hate us why do not they kill the journalist too?

The middle East has been fighting for along time and it will never end( if you read the Bible) and killing and dieing is a natural part of life to them. Anyone see the little kid they stopped with a bomb strapped to his chest in Israel? He was going ahead with it until they pointed guns at him, then he did not want to die anymore, wonder if he is still alive after failing there cause?

As for a making it a big crater, that can not happen as we need the oil. Nuking Iraq is not going to help are image. The other countries maybe scared of us but all they have to do is stop delivering oil to us and we come to a stop. Some might say they will not do that because they need the money, they have some fat bank accounts and a year or two of us not buying would not make much difference to them because when we start buying again we would pay anything to have the oil flowing again. Long winded I know.

AlaskaBoy.

Old 04-01-2004 | 12:52 PM
ktk
Range Rover

AlaskaBoy, you nailed it. And I don't think Glenlivet is watching the same news programs. Not a day hardly went by until recently that they were dramatizing each and every death of a US soldier. It wasn't because they cared for him, but they are political and it would help their agenda to turn the opinion of the American people. That's not much different than what's left of the Iraqi resistance.

As for the killing of Iraqi citizens. Where was your happy *** during the reign of Saddam? Fewer Iraqi's are dying in this war than during any typical year that Saddam ruled. So far, and I may be low on my numbers, there has been 300,000 to 400,000 bodies found in mass graves, some buried alive. So take an average of those numbers during the 25 years of rule, that comes out to an average of 12,000 to 16,000 killed a year. Now that's just of those that we have found, there may be more mass graves out there. So far, and these are UN numbers, 7,000 Iraqi's have died over the past year. In case you can't do math that is about half as many were killed in any typical year under Saddam. Quite frankly they're being treated much better than you think, or is fewer deaths a good thing to you?

I can't wait to see how you avoid this with your next "America is the root of all evil in the world".

Old 04-01-2004 | 01:05 PM
Pro Rider

I wonder if Glenlivit lives where his wife could be brutalized in an official state rape room or his kids had their nuts burned off by state sponsored torturers. He realizes not what he says.

Old 04-01-2004 | 01:05 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bsb64
Sick MFers, looks like Somalia.

YEP!!!!!!! pull out and turn it into a giant glass parking lot......OK that might be a little extreme.......I understand there will always be resistance in a case like this but what pisses me off even worse is the people right here in the good ol' USA that are not supporting our troops over there laying there life on the line. And to you liberals out there still complaining that BUSH did the wrong thing.....IT"S done!!!! be quite and support our country and stop downgrading it!!!! GOD BLESS THE USA!!!!!!!!

....By the way...I served my time, so I am a little bias on this subject [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-01-2004 | 01:12 PM
Pro Rider

Glenlivet,

You say that "innocent families machine gunned to death by jittery check point guards". Well I will tell you first hand that those people didn't get murdered. Those people you think are so innocent would charge our gates onto the base. You see they are supposed to stop so we can check their authority to be on the base, if they don't stop we stop them. So as far as these people being machine gunned down by jittery check point guards, those jittery check point guards are doing their job plain and simple. I hope that enlightened you alittle bit.

Chris

Old 04-01-2004 | 01:13 PM
|
Pro Rider

I respect your opinion, you are saying that Iraq in its self did not bring down the towers. True but if a foreign government has ties to terror networks or allows asylum for said individuals they are contributing to it. I don't agree with everything my goverment does or get brainwashed by the slanted news coverage, i can and do think for my self. You really think this war is about revenge for 9/11. It's about busting some a$$ over there and eradicating these terrorists from the face of the earth before they can hurt others here and abroad. We may make people mad at us for doing that but if it makes this country and the world safer for our children then so be it.

Old 04-01-2004 | 01:47 PM
Pro Rider

Boy, a dissenting opinion really gets the patriotic vitriol flying, doesn't it! This guy has it right: "AlaskaBoy, you nailed it. And I don't think Glenlivet is watching the same news programs"
Absolutely I am not watching the same news programs! Fellows: You are in a country that is an active belligerant in a conflict. Your news programs are not neutral. Read that last sentence again. Your news is presented in a way to guide your thinking along the desired lines. And boy is it working! I see lines parroted here straight out of CNN. I have seen the CNN newscasts. They are good at what they do. Remember when the cowboys won a battle it was called a Great Victory and when the indians won it was called Custer's Massacre? Same principle magnified many times.

"You say that "innocent families machine gunned to death by jittery check point guards". Well I will tell you first hand that those people didn't get murdered."
When an innocent family on a car doesn't understand or misconstrues instructions and is subsequently gunned down, yes it is murder. They COULD be some hostile bomb carrying party with bad intentions to the U.S. guard post, yes, but when they are not, and are strafed by jittery guards it is murder. Remenber that the whole situation would have been avoided if the U.S. checkpoint was NOT THERE. When YOUR perfectly innocent family is slaughtered by a foreign soldier who got nervous, you are not going to be altruistic and say it was anything else. You will develop hate.

Saddam is a bad man. His regeime was evil and deserved to be toppled as it was. Now, the soldiers should go home. The longer they hang around acting like conquorers, the worse it gets. The Iraqi don't want you there. You wouldn't want them here, they don't want you there.

As for justifying the invasion because of the 9/11 attacks, Saudi Arabia had a bigger hand in that attack than Iraq. That's where Bin Laben comes from, in fact. Why didn't the forces attack there? Too hard a nut to crack? Insider deal?

To those who just simplify the whole affair by chanting 'my country , right or wrong', remember that's what the Germans chanted in WW2. Sometimes 'my country, right or wrong' is wrong.

It's alright to be outraged at my comments, which are different than the ones you hear on CNN.

Old 04-01-2004 | 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

Glen,

"When an innocent family on a car doesn't understand or misconstrues instructions and is subsequently gunned down, yes it is murder."

How do you misconstrue a universal STOP sign? Those signs are all over this world. When was the last time you were in Iraq watching SUICIDE bombers with their families drive threw a gate onto a base? Untill you see it first hand shut your hole about those scum people being murdered.

Old 04-01-2004 | 02:04 PM
Pro Rider

notice I'm from the same place as Glenlivet, and I don't share his opinion. so please don't conclude that all Canadians are the same. we're probably split 50/50 on most issues.

I think it's too extreme to say Iraqis are all the same. KTK was correct that there are still a lot of good people there that need the help, which is why your country went there.We have lots of Iraqis living here, some of whom are great, and some of whom I can't stand.You can't just vaporize the middle east. Even if it is full of psychotic, religious lunatics, they're not all lunatics. Just like the US isn't all Timothy McVies.

I'm tired of hearing Americans getting trashed around the world, your the first country everyone turns to with their hand out for military help,or financail aid, or for a market to dump all their exports and crap in, then you get trashed?that's like a spoiled kid wanting more. Not right, and not fair. I like America, I have family there, and visit and holiday there occasionally. We also get lots of US visitors here. What's wrong with being patriotic and proud of your country? I envy it. We can only get a sense of the same feeling when the hockey championships are underway, which is pretty well the Olympics now.

Old 04-01-2004 | 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

Confusedbuyer, I don't think you're confused at all, that was a very clear and well made point.

I have a lot of Canadian friends I do business with, and they are a good group. There are a few goofballs though wherever you go.

Quick Reply: This will make you want to bust some A$$