Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2004, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default lost a friend tuesday

Here is the release from the local paper

Zanesville teen killed in head-on collision

TR Staff Reports

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

ZANESVILLE -- An 18-year-old Zanesville girl was killed in a head-on collision Tuesday afternoon.

The girl, Katie Jenkins, was pronounced dead at Good Samaritan Hospital hospital, said Ohio Highway Patrol Zanesville post Trooper Matt Boyd.

Jenkins was driving her 1994 Geo Metro north on Pinkerton Road between New Coopermill Road and Old Coopermill Road in Zanesville just before 4 p.m. Tuesday,. A 1987 Ford Van driven by Raymond Dodson, 61, of Zanesville, was driving south on Pinkerton Road.

Jenkins crested a hill on that road and was driving left of center, hitting Dodson's vehicle head-on, Boyd said. Dodson was not injured.

Both Dodson and Jenkins, who was a resident of Pinkerton Road, were wearing seat belts. Alcohol is not considered to be a factor, Boyd said.

No citations were issued.

Katie is the second friend I have lost do to wrecks. neither had anything to do with speed, drugs, or aclohol. Ryan Church.. the star quarter back was killed, do to massive head trama,in october of 01 he wasnt wearing a seat belt and was ejected when the driver.. also a friend fo mine, fell asleep at the wheel and rolled the truck. Katie on the other hand had her seat belt on, not sure the actual cuase of death but I think internal injuries more in likiley

Callin hours are tommorrow funeral is saturday.. so ill be gone both those days. We were told today at school, that katie and ryan (who we lost in 01) will be prom king and queen. She was a very pretty girl, and it is such a shame to have lost her, she brought a smile onto everyones face. She would could make the least little thing into a realyl big story, which got her the nick name of the "drama queen"... One of her teachers miss stotts.. once said to her "When you graduate as you walk across the stage I'm going to play Mary J. Blidge's "No More Drama" and Katie replied "Oh Miss Stotts I'll always have drama."..... Tuesday we very sadly lost that drama...

She was due to leave for newyork with the choir at 4:30 yesterday morning.... She had always wanted to perform in New York.... that trip never came... Katie was and will always be a performer.

I hope shes up there in heaven tossin some footballs with our starting quarterback Ryan Church we lost in 01.

Heavens QB, and Gods drama queen...together again

Old 04-22-2004, 08:39 PM
Range Rover

I'm very sorry to hear about your friend. I have lost friends to car accidents also. It is very hard, especially when they are so young.

Old 04-22-2004, 08:43 PM
Range Rover

ditto

Old 04-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

same here lost a few friends in car wrecks,its a hard thing to deal with.

Old 04-23-2004, 06:56 PM
Weekend Warrior

Just got home from the showin.... It was really bad, but everyone seems to be doin ok, we all luaghed about the pictures they had up, and rememberign those specail times

Old 04-23-2004, 07:14 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

Very sorry for your loss!!!

Terrible

We lost a 13 year old boy and an 18 year old girl here locally a week or so ago (passengers of a drunken driver).

It makes you stop and think about what really matters!!!!

Old 04-23-2004, 07:23 PM
Royalty Rider

Sorry to hear about your losses. I have lost a few friends under similar circumstances and each time it only makes it harder. Just make sure you value your days and live to the fullest.

Old 04-26-2004, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

Very Sorry for your loss. Losing friends is tough. Good luck, and remember the good times.

Old 04-26-2004, 08:23 PM
Pro Rider

im sorry to hear about your friends..

Old 04-29-2004, 11:35 AM
Pro Rider

I hate to hear things like this..I'm very sorry for you loss. Things like this opens our eye's and makes us see how precious life is. And it lets us know that we're not gaurenteed tomorrow. Thats why we have to live our lives to the fullest because you never know when your time will come.

Quick Reply: lost a friend tuesday