Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2004 | 10:55 AM
Range Rover
Default Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!

I was born, raised, and lived the majority of my life in Minnesota. However, I've always been a Lakers fan. I grew up hearing about the Minneapolis Lakers so I became and remained a fan. When the Wolves came along years later I never develpoed and interest in them. Nonetheless, I can't say I enjoyed seeing them lose. But someone had to....

Moo,
WheelCow

Old 06-01-2004 | 01:15 PM
Pro Rider

YOU CANT HANDLE THE SHAQ ATTACK!!! Lol lets go Lakers.

Old 06-01-2004 | 10:57 PM
Pro Rider

How many lakes are there in Los Angeles? Laker Fakers! I think they just keep the name as a tribute to their birthplace![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 06-01-2004 | 11:26 PM
|
Pro Rider

There are actually quite a number of lakes in the LA area. I can think of at least 10 off the top of my head.

Old 06-02-2004 | 02:36 PM
Pro Rider

i said it once and i'll say it again. the lakers are going to win it all. what a playoff set for them, houston was nothing, then the defending champs the spurs, go down two games then come back a win 4 in a row. then the team with the best record in the west, minnesota. and now it is the finals, against the best team in the east. ... they sure can play, when they want to..

Old 06-02-2004 | 04:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Old school Lakers fan here! Hate the Celtics....but if Marylands Lynn Bias would not have OD'd who knows?
Gary

Old 06-02-2004 | 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

10 Lakes Huh? That's it? There is well over 10,000 here in Minnesota. Hence the old Minneapolis Lakers name. You have mostly Reservoir's in the LA area like: Chatsworth, Encino, Stone Canyon, Santiago, and a few lakes such as: Lake Mathews, Lake Perris, Lake Elsinore, Hollywood Lake, Silver lake Reservoir, Puddingstone Reservoir. Check out all the Lakes on a Minnesota map. Heck, in Ottertail county up north there is around 1000 lakes alone in that county. Not bragging, just a fact.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-02-2004 | 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Remember the old Lakers such as: Kurt Rambis, Swen Nater, Chuck Nevitt, Magic J, Kareem Abdul Jabbar(Lew Alcindor), James Worthy, Michael Cooper, etc. That was quite a team back then.

Old 06-03-2004 | 01:44 AM
|
Pro Rider

I'm not jealous about all of your lakes in Minnesota, we have the big drink here! I much prefer fishing in the ocean, anyway. There's nothing quite like being halfway to Catalina in your own boat and have a family of whales surface right next to you![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-03-2004 | 11:52 AM
Pro Rider

i am a lakers fan and i am also very glad payton and malone will be getting their ring. i havn't herd from piston fan. the must know they already lost. sucks for them[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Off Topic: How 'bout them Lakers?!