Search this Thread

Old 06-22-2004, 02:51 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore

Originally posted by: jwkawi
Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
You're all making me sad. You've got to have something fun to do. How about buying a on road cycle.
Oh yeah, that is just what I need LOL. My wife would sooner have my cahones on a sling. Besides, I think street riding is way more dangerous than dirt riding.

Jason

how about a Rhino,,,,or a 6wd amphibious vehicle?

Old 06-22-2004, 02:55 PM
Royalty Rider

You could always opt for a Jeep. Then your family could come along and you wouldnt have to lose that off roading sensation!

Old 06-22-2004, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: dancingqueen
You could always opt for a Jeep. Then your family could come along and you wouldnt have to lose that off roading sensation!

Actually, that is one idea I like. I will have to mull that one over a bit. and the wife and kids can come along, LOL.

Jason

Old 06-23-2004, 12:12 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Hummer[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 11:20 AM
Range Rover

reconranger; Your suggestion to get a sport bike/quad intrigues me. I'm 66, and I've been wanting the Suzuki 400 for quite a while now. My Polaris Expedition has a nice suspension, but low on "fun factor". Just what aftermarket suspension are you referring to? I 'spect its shocks. The inner child in me wants to keep on riding, but this old body is trying to tell me something.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 02:49 PM
Pro Rider

man i know what your talking about with the back problems. i just had three disc fused a few months ago and still have a bulging disc in my lower back, sciatic pain. i had to give up my pride and joy, a YZ426 because it was causeing me to much pain when kick starting it. my back has got to the point that i can't sleep in a bed at all even with pain medication. if your still wanting to ride atvs off road look into the yamaha rino. theres a few around here running 28" tires and they go just about everywhere the big atvs go. i'm thinking of getting one myself. plus you can install a stereo and i've seen a few with those misters that keep you cool on hot days.

Old 06-23-2004, 02:58 PM
Pro Rider

My wife has been on me for five years to stop riding ATV's because of my back. It's only now that I finally agree with her about that. Maybe down the road a few years I can think of getting a TRV or Rhino. For now I will concentrate and spend all my money on a new rig and a new travel trailer. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Jason

Old 06-23-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

bak problems suck! so i load up on pain pills and hit the trails. i know it's not good for me but you only live once so im going to engoy it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 03:30 PM
Pro Rider

I used to think like that too. With a family relying on you for food, water and shelter, I couldn't justify putting my health at risk anymore. I still plan on having fun, just not on a quad.

Jason

Old 06-23-2004, 04:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I hear wood working is fun. Great forums. j/k

Quick Reply: Tough Decision Not To Ride Anymore