wide awake now!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2004 | 09:41 AM
|
Pro Rider
Default wide awake now!!!!

It really sucks to wake up at 90mph in the median heading for the other side of the highway!!! That's the first time in 17yrs I've done that, and I dont want to do it again. I was coming to work thismorning and fell asleep on I40 west bound out of albuquerque( I drive 50 miles to go to work) and woke up heading for on coming traffic and was starint at headlights of a big rig, so had no chioce but to pull it hard back to the right I had already let off the gas but was doing 90+ already so I shot back toward the hard top fast, too fast, so before I got there I jerked it hard left then hard right , then center to try and evan out before i got on hard ground, it half worked but I was still at too much of an angle so the truck started to slide around so had to get back on the gas and go back to the dirt or risk roling over. I was wide awake now and back in the median and back off the gas, but it was slowing down and getting traction and I got it back under control and eased back into my lane and got it back up to speed and now I'm sitting at work. Thank god for travel mugs or I would have spilled my coffee and that would have ruined my day!!! be careful and have a nice day!!!

Old 07-19-2004 | 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

your lucky man,someone was watching over you.

Old 07-19-2004 | 09:54 AM
|
Pro Rider

I got to many bills to pay for anything to happen to me, if I had lots of money and plenty of time then I would be worried!!

Old 07-19-2004 | 10:22 AM
Pro Rider

kinda makes ya think twice about how precious this life really is. id be having a couple good words with the man upstairs if i were you because like clover said...someone was watching over you, alot of people who fall asleep at the wheeldont wake up to tell about it. glad everything is alright, hope you have a good day.

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:10 PM
|
Pro Rider

Thanks for the good words. I've had lots of brushes with death, so I am well aware of how luck I am and you are right someone is watching over me, by all counts I should be dead. I've been hit and sandwiched by a car going over 100mph, thats why I'm not in the USMC no more, almost lost my leg in that one. And had a few close calls while I was in the Marines, and after all that stuff I'm still here and fully functional. I am classed by the VA as 10% disabled Veteran, but I feel fine and dont limp. just thought everybody could use a good laugh at how stupid some people can be, I know I was laughing at myself. It sucked while it was going on but it's over and nothing happened so WTF. But I do appericiate the kind thoughts. Just get a good laugh and rember to be careful!!

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:10 PM
Pro Rider

I AM GLAD TO HEAR YOU ARE OK. I HAVE DONE THE WAKE UP SEVERAL TIMES AND ALTHOUGH NONE AS SEVERE AS YOURS IT IS NEVER A GOOD FEELING UNTIL YOU ARE AT YOUR DESTINATION. NEXT TIME DRINK YOUR COFFEE FIRST. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 07-19-2004 | 12:30 PM
Pro Rider

LMFAO

this remind me of one of our members signatures...lets see if i can remeber correctl

"when i die. i want to go like my Uncle in his sleep. not like the rest of the people in his car screaming."

that makes me laugh now and then. i remember one time i was traveling back from upstate NY to NH. Man i was dog tired. it was 40 degrees out and i had a convertible. so i put the top down. i'm driving with ski-gloves on and STILL kept falling a sleep. funny but scary.

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:31 PM
Pro Rider

well at least you had your travel mug....what kind of coffee was it ?

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:36 PM
Pro Rider

I fell asleep on the freeway once...coming back from up north in AZ...it was like 1 or 2 in the morning..I was going about 90 mph, and ended up rear ending some lady...the damage to her car was VERY minimul...i was only going about 7 mph faster than she was...she claimed injury..it was a big mess...car wrecks are no good...

Old 07-19-2004 | 01:52 PM
Weekend Warrior

I know Albuquerque is boaring, but it hasn't made me fall asleep driving...YET!! Glad your safe aswell as anyone else that was out there. Coffee does wonders as long as you drink it...or maybe if your coffee could have spilled it would have woke you up sooner. Be carefull!

Quick Reply: wide awake now!!!!