FYI Bush backers

Search this Thread

Old 07-28-2004 | 03:06 PM
|
Trailblazer
Default FYI Bush backers

Bush has said many times that he fully supports the Sierra club and their push to ban ATVs from land other than designated hunting lands.

He said in an interview on KGWR radio that for "hunting and working the farm ATVs have a place, but they have no place speeding around tearing up public land with their loud motors and disregard for public safety. Those types of machines should remain on private land and closed courses that have a sanctioning body to govern them."

It doesn't matter WHO you vote for if your concerned about lands getting closed.

Tree huggers save land for nature, Republicans sell if off to developers for malls and parking lots. Either way we lose in a sense. Only difference is that once it's developed it's gone forever.

Old 07-28-2004 | 05:35 PM
Range Rover
Default FYI Bush backers

Bush $ucks

Old 07-28-2004 | 05:39 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

and your point is? What is your buddy kerrys stance on this?!
Our countries safety is more important than anything else. Also i highly doubt they would close all publc type lands to atvs. Trust me ...things would get a lot worse. I could just see people riding in protest. Besides...if worst came to worse...it could be organized to make some pretty nice private areas to ride in each state. Sorta like private state parks.

I am against kerry.

I seriously doubt bush will make an issue out of atvs.

Old 07-28-2004 | 06:14 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Bush is not touching ATVs as far as an issue, if anything he will slow down the loss of land that we use and maybe free up some of the land Clinton took away in the 90's.

SEMO, I like your choice for your 3rd quad[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 07-28-2004 | 06:19 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Default FYI Bush backers

Originally posted by: NSA1499Those types of machines should remain on private land and closed courses that have a sanctioning body to govern them."
And Kerry's standpoint is to outright ban them.

Let's see, vote for someone who wants them gone, or vote for someone who wants us to be responsible riders. Hmmm.

Old 07-28-2004 | 08:56 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Not to mention...ATV's use fuel and oil......Hmmmmm.....Bush.......Oil Tycoon.......Hmmmmmmm......don't think he'll put too much of a crunch on them. My2cnts

Old 07-28-2004 | 09:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

Doesn't matter who you vote for...they both work for the same people...special interest...It only seems like you have a choice, but in reality, you DON'T...

Old 07-28-2004 | 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default FYI Bush backers

This is an outrage of epic proportion...... How many of you have had your riding areas turned into parking lots and strip malls in the past 4 years?

He has done so much in the past 4 years to ruin the sport we all enjoy, why would we re-elect him.....

Great post NSA1499 thanks for bringing this to all our attention. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

(hidden sarcasism in case someone doesnt catch on)

Old 07-29-2004 | 08:07 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default FYI Bush backers

Maybe we could ride our quads through the mall. That would teach those mall walkers.

Old 07-29-2004 | 08:12 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
Default FYI Bush backers

Originally posted by: MolokaiRider
Not to mention...ATV's use fuel and oil......Hmmmmm.....Bush.......Oil Tycoon.......Hmmmmmmm......don't think he'll put too much of a crunch on them. My2cnts
Good point. Let's also ban all forms of transportation and energy that use fossil fuels. Wouldn't want to considered a conservative and only ban one group.

Quick Reply: FYI Bush backers