im lookin for another blaster and found this....is this a good deal or is it junk

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2004, 09:56 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default im lookin for another blaster and found this....is this a good deal or is it junk

its a 1996 upgraded to a 2002 it has the following

This auction is for a 1996 Yamaha Blaster that has been upgraded in 2002. The list of upgrades includes a Rick Ritter ported and polished motor with a milled head to run 110 octane fuel. It has a FMF fatty gold pipe with a DG silencer (an excellent combination), a Keihen 28 pwk carb bored to 29 with a chrome slide, Trenga racing twin caliper hydraulic rear brake setup, 2002 Maier yamaha blaster platics with new seat cover, 2002 yamaha banshee shocks with moose shock covers, Twin Air filter, DG nerf bars, AC front stadium series bumper, AC rear bumper, Maier kill switch, all new cables, new front brake pads, Renthal front and rear sprokets with a Renthal Gold O-Ring chain, 18 inch Turf Tamer tires on Douglas rims on the rear with ITP holeshots on Douglas rims on the front. Also included are another set of rear tires that are 20 inch ITP holeshots mounted on .190 Douglas rims, a uni pod air filter with outwears, and the front fenders that are in excellent shape. All rear tires have 90% tread left with the fronts having about 75% left. The plastic is in great condition. The clutch and stator was disassembled and everything that needed replaced was as well as the addition of new clutch fibers, plates, and springs. The rick ritter motor rocks and pulls like a 250r no joke. I love this bike but bigger toys are in the future. This bike would make an excellent starter race bike or a great toy for trail ridding, plenty of power, great brakes, awesome looks.

any help would be graet

Old 08-31-2004, 10:14 PM
Range Rover
Default im lookin for another blaster and found this....is this a good deal or is it junk

would it be any good?

Old 09-01-2004, 09:44 AM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Unless you plan to race it a lot, you won't get much use out of it, unless you like going broke buying 110 racing fuel just to trail ride. Of course,you may be able to redo the head to drop compression to premium gas range, but that might muck up the rest of the engine mods. All that power is fun, no doubt, but you will pay to keep it that way with the fuel costs.depends on how good of a deal, but consider what you will use it for.

Old 09-01-2004, 10:37 PM
Range Rover

trail,track & some dunes. i dont really care about the price of gas.i just want a good....fast....reliable bike...and faster than my other blaster

Old 09-02-2004, 10:40 PM
Range Rover

he said he can get the title, he would give me the thing to make it pump gas, and would deliver it for free for 1,750$ is that good

Old 09-02-2004, 11:02 PM
Pro Rider
Your friend needs to stop smoking whatever it is that is rotting his brain!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

A buddy of mine just bought a stock 2000 Blaster for his kids for 1800, so all those mods for less than that delivered sounds real good.

Old 09-03-2004, 12:05 AM
Range Rover

ok its concidered as good as mine[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 09-03-2004, 04:17 PM
Range Rover

A kid I know just bought a 2000 Blaster for $1200. Only thing it has is blue scott grips. The pipe and muffler we're rusted but he was going to replace them anyways, then the front headlight needs to be replaced, and a new grab bar.

Old 08-04-2005, 02:22 PM
Trailblazer

ya that sound cheap to me. i bought my 96 for 1300 and that was all stock.

Old 08-04-2005, 03:01 PM
Pro Rider

lol, y u diggin up all these old threads?

Quick Reply: im lookin for another blaster and found this....is this a good deal or is it junk