Search this Thread

Old 10-08-2004, 04:25 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What Can The Cops Do?

Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Originally posted by: BigSix
Originally posted by: OneFlyCowboy
Boy you think your mr evasion. I guarantee I could track you with My dogs. thru whatever you want to go thru. and so what if you can go 50 miles per hour they follow you right to your house or wherever. Its irresponsible to run. and if your gonna run you dont deserve to have a quad and they should take it from you.
blah blah blah you seem to think you know everything about it all....sometimes you run sometimes you dont..plain and simple ride long enough and you'll know....as for yor dogs tracking anything anywhere....if they came up in my yard i hope they can deal with some 75lb pissed off pitbulls and remington 870
you realize shooting a police dog is punishable as though you shot a police officer. not really a good idea. and i have been riding 24 years and i see no problem with obiding by the laws. I enjoy the sport and dont wish to give them any reason to take the sport away. plain and simple.
Sounds like you know a little bit there, Cowboy[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

bsb64, You were right in your assessment of a peace officer's demeaner[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 10-12-2004, 09:04 PM
Pro Rider

I gotta tell ya, around here if you ride on the rode the cops wave. We have clubs that get authorization to ride the roads between trails. Even on roads not marked like that the cops don't care as long as you are curtious. If you run, they will always chase, and will catch you sooner or later. I ride a stretch every few days and never get in trouble, but another guy gets caught and fined a lot. It is how you ride that gets you in trouble around here.

Old 10-24-2004, 02:27 AM
Trailblazer

im 15 live in the country and have been stopped by cops only to get a verbel warning,running is ur worst mistake,they know more than u think and i will bite u in the *** sooner or later,i'm not being preppy,i'm just saying way this sh$t is

Old 12-18-2004, 06:00 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: V
Yes, more people get killed is cars than quads...but c'mon, cars outnumber quads by thousands to one. That is nowhere near a valid comparison.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]
sorry to bring a dead thread back to life but i happen to run across the files i was looking for hidden away on my computer. according to the united states consumer product saftey commision and the us department of transportation

in 2001 in automobiles 19.04 deaths occured per 100,000 cars.
in four wheeled atvs 12 deaths per 100,000 quads.
although you are more likley to be injured on a quad, 2009 per 100,000 compared to 1371 per 100,000 for cars.
but as far as fatalities quads are safer than cars.

Old 12-18-2004, 11:06 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Very true!

See I have no problem with cops, most of them are nice. But there are the new yong cops that think they rule the world and i cant stand that. first time i ever went on the road this new cop i never saw befor, young i would say about 27 no older, he did not even ggive me a warning 175.00$ that jerk i was even riding on the road i was just crossing it to get to my friends house, it realy botherd me.
, some cops like to think there "bad a$$" but there more like "FAT A$$" or "DUMB A$$ "

and there you have it either go along are not but that just how it is around hear!

Old 12-18-2004, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

you know, this might just be the logical side of me here, but here's an idea. DONT BREAK THE LAWS!!! wow, a new concept! if your a 13, 15 ,or 12 year old kid on the roads elegally with a quad, i think someone needs to knock some sence into your parents for letting you be such a moron. if you cant get to the trails legally, then dont ride. i say run then, so the cops can have some fun starring at your parents like they need some training in how to raise a child. then, you can be the reason your mother or father have to pay large fines, and miss work dealing with a judge becouse your head it rattling where the brain should go.
i see many posts on running from the police, and i am shocked by every one of them. there is NO good reason to run from the law. try, just once, not breaking it, and see how that works out for ya's. to blame the police, WHEREEVER you live, for the laws, is like blaming your neighbor for your lack of common sence. the police dont make the laws, but they do inforce them. just like they would if you or your family actually needed them, for say, a stolen quad. i ride 2 hours to get to the trails. i do that becouse its the law. if you dont like the law, fight to have it changes, not make it harder on the atv industry.
this is just my 02. you may feel differently, lol.

Old 12-19-2004, 04:38 AM
Pro Rider

My experience? As a kid I was stopped on my unlicensed dirt bikes while crossing roads and such and given warnings several times. I made it a point to try to get from place to place using as little public road as possible and hopping off and pushing when crossing a street. I tried tp be as unobtrusive as possible while getting to the back roads where I liked to ride.
One day I was riding an unlicensed bike I'd built from parts and was on a dirt road beside the highway bridge approach ramp when a cop car slowed right down and the cop looked like he wanted to talk to me. I was 16 and getting to think more like a responsible adult so I stopped and waited, and the cop turned the car and came to where I was, though I could have easily melted into the bushes and been home before he could get to where I was. Well as it happened this was an experienced cop teaching a rookie how to write tickets and he threw every charge and fine at me and had the new guy write them all out. $350.00 worth, in 1971 dollars! I wasn't even on a public road but on a path beside some treed land near my house!
When I respectfully said I thought it extreme for my cooperating with them and only riding the bike on a side dirt road not even used enough to keep grass from growing on it he tore my head off and acted like I was the greatest criminal since Al Capone.

Since that day I lose any police that want to chase me. Lost a lot in my time. Haven't had to for many years now, mind you but one refreshing time an idiot cowboy ripped his cruisers oilpan open following me up a rutted trail in his highway car.
I'd like to be the perfect law abiding gentleman and pull over for the cops but that experience soured me.
He was an *** and he ruined my respect for all cops.

Old 12-19-2004, 08:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

exactly what i am talking about! i have had almost the samthing happen. i was regesterd and all but he sed that he saw me riding down the side of the road but i was only crossing.

Old 12-20-2004, 04:33 AM
Pro Rider

well i thought i share a story with you guys..friday night me a my buddies thought we go night riding..long story short..cops came we ran, we got caught..channel news was there..night/heat vision.....9 cop cars 3 which ended up gettin sutck..2 suburbans...guns and tazars pujlled out..my ace went to jail quick..stayed all night til saturday morning...was gettin felony charges but they decided to give me criminal tresspassing which i will get out of cause its not pisted..but i have to go to court the 7th..laywer fees and court fees coming up soon...so my advice is to just stop and talk...see what happens cause i came damn close to getin felony charges which aint no joke...oh ya..still have red marks on my wrist...cuffs hurt..

Old 12-20-2004, 02:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

Its also a felony charge to run from the cops in Michigan,and it dont matter if you RUN on your feet,run away in your car/truck,or run with you cycle/quad from the cops,its still going to be a FELONY conviction.

So go ahead,and make my day!

Quick Reply: What Can The Cops Do?