VOTE! OUR RIDING ACCESS DEPENDS ON IT!

Search this Thread

Old 10-14-2004, 02:54 AM
Rem
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default VOTE! OUR RIDING ACCESS DEPENDS ON IT!

lol, its funny to see atv'ers try to support kerry lol!!!

Old 10-14-2004, 11:59 AM
Pro Rider

heres some research you can do on your own ...

go to www.cpusa.com, and see if you can spot any real differences between their political agenda and kerrys.

on most cases, they see eye to eye.

uh huh ...you got it, its the 'communist party of the usa'

how scary is that?

-heywood-

Old 10-14-2004, 03:31 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Rem
What's funnier is asking the bashers to show any instance where he has advocated closing public lands, or outlawing ATV's.
You're making up threats that ain't there.

Old 10-14-2004, 05:49 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: Cheapass
What's funnier is asking the bashers to show any instance where he has advocated closing public lands, or outlawing ATV's.
Read his bio before you make comments like that, and he will have to give in to environmentalists anyways, you will know this if you are following. This is not my big issue against Kerry, but since this is a ATV forum.
I dont like Bush, but I truly believe Kerry is crooked. So my vote goes to Bush.

Old 10-15-2004, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider

You can infer that he would give in the the tree huggers... but you can infer that from any candidate. neither has, nor will, outright say they will close or keep open. it's not a crux point, and no candidate commits to anything that won't change the vote, as it bites them in the *** later.

Old 10-15-2004, 06:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Try reading about what he has done in his own state and his environmental outline he had for it. Then get back to me.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: maddog56
Try reading about what he has done in his own state and his environmental outline he had for it. Then get back to me.
Looked, found nothing. Care to point anything out?

I found a few closings done by the STATE government, of which he is not a part.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:48 PM
Pro Rider

All those lefties like Kerry are chummied up with the enviro wackos. This is pretty plain english. Look at Clinton, and the executive orders to lock up millions of acres of "wilderness" without any congressional debate. If you look for the printed work in Kerry's platform "We will close trails to outdoor users" you won't find it. He's even going hunting in Ohio this week for a good photo op. He will appoint liberal nuts to all the agencies he can, and they will do his dirty work.

Old 10-18-2004, 01:52 PM
Pro Rider
Urges all riders to join ATV clubs and become part of a united front to maintain and expand trail systems.

It's frightening that there are Kerry supporters among ATV'ers. He is so beholding to environmental groups that want to prevent all ATV use on public lands. I have relatives who, while not exactly eco-*****, don't like ATVs, motor boats or snowmobiles, and they LOVE Kerry. The organizations they belong to are all pressing for eliminating all motorized use of public land to preserve nature. I tell them that if their goal is truly to have pristine natural areas, they should stay out of those areas too. Actually, it all boils down to one group of users trying to exclude another group of users. It doesn't matter what Kerry has said specifically. He is part of the user group that wants to block ATV use.

Old 10-18-2004, 03:29 PM
Pro Rider
Is old enough to know better, but too young to stop.

Well, the d'butt has something to say on this issue... first of all, I'd suggest you gather some facts to support your opinions on who is better for enthusiasts etc. Frankly, I don't think there are too many on this list that have first hand knowledge of either candidate, or their records. I for one am surrounded by it... as I work in DC, and see things a little closer than many out there. First of all, I think that what we are all experiencing is a very well organized effort on the part of several lobbies that are driven by the envirnmentalist movements that are trying to deny our access to public lands. They have tried several approaches, and the latest is to attack ATV's in the media by hyping the injury statistics to the point where they even have doctors and hospitals reporting every time a person breaks a finger on an ATV. Then they twist teh data, and print it in really big letters to scare teh heck out of anyone who listens.. and right now, they are winning the war. Mostly because people like you and I do not stand up and call them liars. Or we do not get off our duffs and vote for change. Or we are too busy to let our representatives know that we do not like the way things are going with regard to ATV's being picked on etc... We are all acting like slugs... and need to change that.

I suggest everyone take an active interest in voicing your opinions to our representatives and make a difference. Go out and VOTE for change...right now, I can't say I am happy with what is going on.. so maybe a change will do us some good. I can say that the current administration is deeply tied to OIL, and that may not always be friendly to the access issue... sure, if it suites their cause, but the minute our paths stray, they will end their support in a heart beat. I bet it would be different if Haliburton had a contract to maintain the trails... but that is another story...

Quick Reply: VOTE! OUR RIDING ACCESS DEPENDS ON IT!