OT- Just drove an 05 Mustang GT

Search this Thread

Old 11-27-2004, 06:58 PM
Pro Rider
Lets Ride!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default OT- Just drove an 05 Mustang GT

I never really play favorites between Chevy and Ford for the sake of it, but I tend to lean towards Ford for several reasons. Not the least of which is that I work for Ford.

But whoever said that GM killed the Camarao/Firebird because they overpriced them was right on the money. It was likely the stupidest move GM could have made. They tried to make the CamaroBird like an exclusive import.

None of the Camaro, Firebird or Mustang were ever meant to be exclusive, they were meant to give all the fun of an expensive performence car with a cheap price tag.

Ford has hit a home-run with the new Stangs. They are going to be as big as the 87's were when they first hit the streets by comparison. Which is saying a lot. The 94' release never quite had the bite that the 87 did, although is got a lot better through the slight re-designs until the 04' finally looked pretty damn sharp.

The 05 is a beautiful car, they have finally captured that Mustang soul from the past that they were trying to hit all these years.

And for those of you who think it's not fast enough, it is what it is. It's not a Corvette, it's not a Viper, it's probably not even going to beat a 350z, or an RX8 right out of the box. But it's also several thousand less then those cars.

You want a Ford supercar, go buy the real GT, the 550hp, 5.4L GT that will be walking all over just about anything on the planet.........but........... MAJOR COIN!!

Or go crazy and get the fastest production vehicle in the World, made right here in the USA, for a mear $375,000 you get your own Saleen S7, the sickest machine that you can put on a road.

Old 11-27-2004, 07:32 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The 05 hooked pretty well on the stock tires. This was a brief drive but my buddy during his turn dump the clutch (he likes to just burn tires) and it spun briefly then hooked. My 95 would just fry the tires doing that. The stretched wheelbase on the 05 gets a better balance and plants a few more pounds on the rear tires. It would be fun to play with tire pressure and launch technique for a while and see how good you could get it out of the hole but I didn't have that luxury.

Old 11-27-2004, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

Hey ShadyRascal. I saw the car in person for my first time today. Boy does it bring back memories!!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 10:55 PM
Pro Rider

I definitley like the new retro style and awesome looks. all the brands seem to be doing this now, bringing old school and new school together for everyone to enjoy.

Old 11-27-2004, 10:59 PM
Pro Rider

We stopped at Wendle Ford in Spokane this morning for fun, and they had a black 05 GT with the dark leather interior. Man totally badazz looking. Also though I was drooling on their leftover 04 Cobras, there were about 5 of them supercharged and ready for battle. It was hard to walk out of there!

Old 12-05-2004, 02:45 AM
Pro Rider

I love those new Mustangs. Saw a white one a week ago at the Ford dealership. Kicks major butt. My bro said that Steve Saleen got a hold of the new Mustang and did his magic. Gotta see that!! He said he did somethin different to the rear of the Stang! I was hopin the new Stangs would have the sequential turn signals like the Cougars and Shelby's.