ATV Accident Listing

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2004, 12:23 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV Accident Listing

Does anyone know of a web site that lists ATV accidents and what attributed to the accident? I did find this one for Wisconsin.

http://www.dnr.state.wi.us/org/es/en...atvstats03.htm

++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Old 11-26-2004, 12:35 PM
Pro Rider

I dont think people like to copy and paste things, so here ya go..... Accidents

Old 11-26-2004, 03:00 PM
Pro Rider

Why do people not wear helmets?

Old 11-26-2004, 03:13 PM
Pro Rider

Cause they are stupid.

Old 11-26-2004, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

i think ill go get wasted off my *** without a helmet and go riding [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 12:54 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Age 10 - The victim was a passenger on the ATV sitting in front of his father. They were traveling down a steep incline when the ATV rolled over - no helmet

I'd like to kick somedaddy's a$$ for that one! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 11-27-2004, 05:47 PM
Pro Rider

6-05-03 Town of Browntown Struck by semi 73 .000 Yes
11:00 Green County
(Road) Trauma/Impact Injury Female WI
The victim was trying to stop for an oncoming semi, but hit the throttle instead of the brake causing the ATV to serge forward and then stop in the path of the oncoming semi.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Trending Topics

Old 11-29-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: sweetquads
No suprise that most of the "accidents" involved alcohol in some form or another.
Exactly. You can play with the URL and get stats for different years. I beleive it goes back to 2000 or 1999. I stumbled across that site a few years ago and found it very interesting.

Folks, this shows some significant information. We can all see that most ATV accidents are caused by: people not following basic safe operating proceedures (riding double, ect), riding under the influence, not wearing safety gear or a combonation of the listed..... I didn't see any instance of an ATV throwing someone off at random, or starting up on it's own, then running over the owner.

There are a lot of people in this country, for reasons I'll certainly never understand, who don't think we should be able to enjoy our hobby because it's "dangerous". That sites lists the facts that the only thing dangerous regarding ATVs is a rider who doesn't respect the machine. These safety police people can spew injury rates, and deaths until they turn blue in the face; I will not pay any attention to raw numbers unless they are shows with statistics like that site posts. Death rates and injuries do NOT tell the entire story. In fact, they leave out a significant part of the story....the true cause of the problem.

Old 11-30-2004, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: GlennJ
Originally posted by: sweetquads
No suprise that most of the "accidents" involved alcohol in some form or another.
Exactly. You can play with the URL and get stats for different years. I beleive it goes back to 2000 or 1999. I stumbled across that site a few years ago and found it very interesting.

Folks, this shows some significant information. We can all see that most ATV accidents are caused by: people not following basic safe operating proceedures (riding double, ect), riding under the influence, not wearing safety gear or a combonation of the listed..... I didn't see any instance of an ATV throwing someone off at random, or starting up on it's own, then running over the owner.

There are a lot of people in this country, for reasons I'll certainly never understand, who don't think we should be able to enjoy our hobby because it's "dangerous". That sites lists the facts that the only thing dangerous regarding ATVs is a rider who doesn't respect the machine. These safety police people can spew injury rates, and deaths until they turn blue in the face; I will not pay any attention to raw numbers unless they are shows with statistics like that site posts. Death rates and injuries do NOT tell the entire story. In fact, they leave out a significant part of the story....the true cause of the problem.
Amen!!

Now imagine adults riding Motorcycles at freeway speeds with no helmets.

FL and SC have no helmet laws allowing you to ride up and down the freeway without a helmet

Old 12-01-2004, 06:30 PM
Pro Rider

we dont have a helmet law in oklahoma either.

of course we arent allowed on public roads either.

i dont wear a helmet, and ive never seen the need for one.

i dont ride fast and rarely go into risky areas. when i do, i crawl across the rougher terrain.

not because im afraid to go faster but because i have too much money invested in my quad to tear it up needlessly.

a quad on the same trail with a semi is begging for an accident.

-heywood-

Quick Reply: ATV Accident Listing