MOST PAINFUL ATV ACCIDENT

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2004, 11:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default MOST PAINFUL ATV ACCIDENT

When I was thirteen I was riding my 1985 Honda TRX125. The throttle cable stuck and I went full speed into a locked gate on a four foot chain link fence. Needless to say, I ended up face down in gravel with the ATV on top of me. Other than being a little beat up, I had marks on my back where one of the back tires was spinning when it landed on me. Luckily nothing was broke and there was no permanent damage.

Old 12-29-2004, 09:57 AM
Pro Rider

I was racing my friend's banshee through tight trails at night, i was in the top of 4th gear coming through a little twisty section. I came around this corner and didn't see the huge whoop right in front of me. The bike nosed into the whoop, bucked, threw me, i launched foward, landed in another whoop and the bike landed on my back, bounced off and kept flipping. I broke my collarbone, bruised up my flanks from where the bike hit, messed up my knee, and smashed my helmet, getting some mean helmet rash on my forehead. I didn't get knocked out, got right back up, not realizing i was that messed up. About 2 minutes later my shoulder swelled up to the size of a watermelon, and it was time to go to the ER. I couldn't ride out because it was my right shoulder/collarbone that broke, so i had to ride on the back of my friend banshee for like 4 miles until we got back to the truck. We left my quad out there hidden in some bushes, and he went back with my other friend to get the bike after i got dropped off at the ER. That sucked, they had me in the trauma section thinking i was half dead, all i wanted was something to drink and they wouldn't give me anything thinking my kidneys were all messed up. The best part was having to **** in a bottle when i was lying down flat on my back, if you think thats easy just try it sometime[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]. My bike ended up ok, the worst part was the bars got a little bent.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:42 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Seen a dude hit a deer on a Banshee at about 55mph on blacktop. The thing just jumped right out in front of him. He went flyin, the quad went flyin, the deer went down. Messed the front end up pretty good on the Shee. He had some serious road rash and bruises. Good thing he was wearing a helmet otherwise he might not be hear today. I still remember that visual of his helmet connecting with the road. The deer, well it was alive for awhile, until some other guy came along with a shotty in his truck.

Old 12-29-2004, 11:51 PM
Range Rover

My wreck wasnt on a quad but a KX 125 we was just riding backroads around my house over to my cousins house that was prob 2 miles away. I was riding with my cousin and a friend. My friend was on my Kawasaki 300 4x4 and my cousin was on a honda rancher. So we went to my cousins and on our way back they decided to race. So they got in front of me and stirred up all of the dust on the dirt road so then i just followed thinking that they were in front of me. but i didnt know that one of there hats blew off so my friend stopped to pick it and then i came through at about 55mph and i guess i didnt see him and i slammed into the back of the 4-wheeler and then hit him and bounced off onto the road. Everything i just told you was what they told me because i cant remember any of it at all. I cant remember from Noon to 7:30 pm and i had a bad concussion and a broke arm and a brusied up leg that i cant feel anything from my knee up and this happened in March 04. For some reason they whole way to the ER i said " thank god i was wearing a helmet" and the doctor said if i wasnt wearing a helmet that i would have died lol what a goof i wasnt wearing a helmet but i never told my mom that so keep it on the hush side ok

Old 12-29-2004, 11:53 PM
Pro Rider

Hopefully you wear a helmet now, if not then your just asking for it.

Old 12-30-2004, 12:58 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Do you have a balloon?

2 crashes, one a shattered femur, the other a fractured pelvis. Now to answer the question, I can't they both hurt like he!! years later.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:23 AM
Pro Rider

the most painful I did was riding in the river bottom after it rained and taking a small curve a little to fast( been through it 3 or 4 tmes that day)
the bike went into a skid went up on 2 wheels I went off the bike over a bush and into a cactus and the bike made the turn. I hurt for days
glad I was wearing full riding gear that day or it would have been worse

Old 12-30-2004, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider

mine was on a 00 sp500...

came up on a hill that went into a curve right after the crest, and i just tapped the brakes, and only on side seemed to react, the inside tires just locked up and it went broadside... anybody that rides an IRS knows that broadside at 30mph=bad. well it barrel rolled 4-5 times after me, i was lucky enough to scramble out of the way. landed on all 4 wheels (idk how i got that to happen). and all it did was ruin the back rack, thnk god cuz it was my dads machine. i didnt have any broken bones, but bad burns on my back and a sore wrist for 2 weeks...still hurts when i hit it at all.

Old 12-30-2004, 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

At the dunes one time a Predator and a 400 ex met in mid air. Nobody got hurt bad but it was nasty lookin

Old 12-30-2004, 10:36 PM
Trailblazer

Take a look at my page and look at the 6x6 after it went off a 100 foot cliff about no one was hurt but ouch for the machine.