New Mustang, YUCK!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2005, 05:31 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default New Mustang, YUCK!

kinda what I figured, thanks for the info! That is yet another reason I prefer the old school cars. Just about any idiot with a wrench can fix them. Not to mention the fact that they are much cheaper and easier to build the way YOU WANT, not how Ford(or Chevy, Mopar, whatever) wanted. I guess all these "high tech" developments are smart on the Manufacturer's behalf. The average Joe can't go out to his garage and do basic maintenence on his vehicle anymore, so he has to take it back to the dealer and they make even more money off you. I think I found a good career choice[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-24-2005, 07:11 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't realize the new motor was variable valve. I thought it was just a mod motor. I guess I need to read up about it.

I actually bought my Bullitt for $7500. Salvage title but ready to drive. The holographic build # sticker on the strut tower is damaged and I am trying to find out what number it is from the dealer via the VIN. I am hoping they can help get a new sticker. I hear there is another holographic # sticker under the carpet under the rear seats.

Old 01-24-2005, 08:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I like the new Mustang. Anything is better than the style that looked like the Pinto. I think the new Mustang looks like an old Fastback. Maybe a 1971?

Old 01-24-2005, 09:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

I myself like the new Mustang, Im not a Ford guy but, it's a nice looking car.

I heard rumors that Chevy was planning on a throw-back Camaro. (I would like to see that, With the looks of the 67-69 models).

Old 01-24-2005, 10:01 PM
Pro Rider

WOW! i think the new mustang is nasty too! they should of made it look like the Saleen Mustangs, that was my dream car!!!!

Old 01-24-2005, 10:43 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Coyotechaser
I like the new Mustang. Anything is better than the style that looked like the Pinto. I think the new Mustang looks like an old Fastback. Maybe a 1971?
The "Pinto Style" Mustang was the Mustang 2. Never heard of them until I saw one of my sister's neighbors had one sitting in his driveway, YUCK! I think the reason I don't like the new Mustang is because it looks like the fastback, which I never liked. Oh well, can't complain too much considering it will smoke my car in every imaginable situation.

Old 01-24-2005, 11:35 PM
Pro Rider

its pretty cool looking. It looks like Elanor from gone in 60 seconds.

Old 01-25-2005, 01:43 PM
Pro Rider

The only thing that makes the new mustang hard to work on is that people are affraid to try. Their very easy to mod and more programs are coming out to add to their performance. Their actually easier than the older V8's. With the older engines everything was unbolt this move that and replace this but with the new engines a lot of the tunning is done with a lap top. the new mustang has a sensor that prevents it from spinning but we have already changed this on a friends new gt by changing the program. when the car is new you can floor it as hard as you want but once the computor sences your spinning it takes over but like i said thats easly changed. The man with the gt took his to the track and ran a 13.52 and that was with just some program changes. I love the new shape. I plan on buying one as soon as I find a used Gt so I can paint it to match my 68 fastback.

Old 01-25-2005, 02:31 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I am a chevy man myself, but the wife is a diehard Ford lady. She drives a beautiful and immaculate 93 Reef Blue Mustang GT. In my personal opinion this was the pinnacle year for the Fox chassis and the last year of the good looking cars. How many of you get caught looking at an 87-93 body style when it passes in front of you? Those cars also had bullet proof computers and motors. I will surely miss the good old (maybe not quite so old) days.

Old 01-25-2005, 08:42 PM
This chick Rocks!
A Bad Word For A Good Thing.

i am a chevy girl and i agree that the new mustang isn't all that great. But i do have an 04 GT and i love that B!tch! I think it will take some time to get used to the new stang, just like it took awhile for ppl to get used to the new silverado front end I hated it at first new i think its nice when you do it up right.

Quick Reply: New Mustang, YUCK!