EBAY IS A RIP OFF

Search this Thread

Old 01-27-2005, 01:08 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default EBAY IS A RIP OFF

oh also i love when they bid n dont read the autions fully n when they go to check out relize i dont accept checks or paypal! people need to read the auction completely first b4 bidding ok it is a exicitng when u see soemthing u want but read the "fine print" i had to relist a coupel of things but i left them neg feedback cuz they cant read or they r a dead beat buyer n waste my time!

Old 01-27-2005, 02:05 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: ragnredneck
also i heard ebay jacked up there listn n sellers fees too. i ahve a couple of things going on ebay then i am done with it! y should u pay 15.00 4 shipping whe it cost 5.52 to mail to yr house, y should they keep the extra cash.
Because of the reasons I just told you. The listing fees, ebay's cut, and paypal's cut can do a number on you. Thats why you see shipping charges of 15 bucks when it only costs 6 for the actual shipping. Plus, ebay doesnt take a cut of the shipping, only paypal. Thats why you see items for 1 dollar or less but shipping charges of 8.

I agree that if the seller is going to charge way over the actual shipping costs that you should know ahead of time, but you have to understand why the person is charging like that. So I always look for shipping costs listed in the auction, or ask before I bid. The burden is on the buyer to check these things out, listed or not. If you make the sale and didnt ask, you are pretty much obligated to pay the asked shipping fees to a point. 15 bucks isnt unreasonable on a 50 dollar + item.

Old 01-27-2005, 10:39 AM
Pro Rider

Caveat Emtor just like anyplace else.

I list my shipping and handling fees on all my auctions so the buyer knows up front. If you don't check that stuff out before bidding or buying it's on you. It costs money to sell on ebay, costs money to electronically transfer money too.

Old 01-27-2005, 05:51 PM
Pro Rider

I agree with maddog. It's the buyer's responsiblity to know who you're buying from. I always click on the seller's feedback. Also, if the shipping charges aren't posted, I ask before I bid. I also usually only pay through Paypal, unless the seller has tons of feedback. There are a lot of quad parts that are cheaper through Rocky Mountain than on Ebay now. Ebay jacked their fees way up for sellers. Plus Paypal takes a big chunk. They're making it hard for people to make any money at all. I used to sell electronics on Ebay and something for $200 would cost me about $16 to sell with all the fees. Now it'll be about $25 with the fee increase. It's ridiculous.
Just be careful who you buy from. If you don't like the shipping fees people are charging, don't buy from them.

Old 01-28-2005, 12:39 AM
Trailblazer

listen the auction said 15 bucks for shippn cost i did accept that when i biddedn but when i read the shipping label from the post office it said $5.51 so where is the rest of my shipping cost, in her pocket so now my boots cost me more. i acn see if the shipping came out to 13 n change but not when she made 10 plus off the shippn on top of the money she got 4 the boots then promised refund of difference then never did, that tells u what a slime ball she is!i noticed people startn to put shippn cacualtors in there auction which is abit good but i am sure that is some what inflated too! u tell this is fair? i do check there feedback! i also had a guy send my item to soemone in tennesee when i live in ny , i flipped out on him ,it was a 300 digital camera n he did loose that one but had to eat it when he did send me a new one!

also if u buy amke sure yr address is right cuase i had onetime the mail go to a neighbor n there kid opened it up n didnt know what it was n they kept it until i actauuly went on my block n asked around! opening someone elsees mail is illegal and a felony the lady made no atepmt to return it! so make sure yr address is correct!

Old 01-28-2005, 12:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I guess you just dont get it ragnredneck. The rest of the 15 dollars in shipping that you were charged went towards ebay and paypal fees. If you dont understand that, I dont know what to say. Anyway, I've made my case.

Old 01-28-2005, 01:00 AM
Trailblazer

no there were no paypal costs cuz i dont use paypal, i a iled her a money order n the ebay fees at the most woulkd be 3 bucks which her fees r not my prob ,work them into the price of the item like i do! most of that missn money went in her pocket! there is nobody that agrees with me?

Old 01-28-2005, 01:25 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with you that the remainder went in her pocket. but possibly what went out of her pocket was packaging, fuel to get to the post office/ups store

Old 01-28-2005, 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

kushamn , thank u 4 agreen but 9 dollars worth, no way in fact she mailed them in the show box slapped with a label n i was lucky they didnt get swiped on its way to me ya know!

infact i am still mising 3 packages from dec-04' , the mal is also terrible too but that is another story!

infact i do reccomend u do shop around cause i found sellers cell say a cell phone case for 1 cent but asking 10 bucks shippn n people r buying these! i found one on ebay for my moms nextel i got her ,the guy was in brookynn n wnated 5.99 shipping cost when i live out on long island ,i asked him too adjust the shippn price n he said no so his loss, found the same case from hawaii fro a dollar n the shipping was 2 bucks,what a deal! so people who sell need to get real with there shipping qoutes!

dont get me wrong ebay is good for soemstuff like years ago i found a music cd that only a guy in japan had n i won it with a decent price! also check this out a guy won a USED music cd off ebay n he paid 34 bucks plus shipping when i got the same used cd from another selkler for $3.01 together with shipping n its practiacally brand new! so people do pay silly prices for stuff! i heard off people gettn screwed buyn cars off ebay to...................

Old 01-28-2005, 01:41 AM
Trailblazer

.....i once sold a truck on ebay n i was 100% honest about the desription n the guy came a long way n tryed to neg the price i sold it for,no way the truck was worth 500 n he tryed to con me n offer me 200 bucks n i told him no way n he left empty handed tryn to get the truck 4 next to nuttn! u gotta watch people. if it is crap ebay or not i walk away (buying a car, seen it first)

i sold a trike years ago threw a car paper (pre ebay) n the guy tryed to stiff me for like 20 bucks n i told hi9m on the price i was dead firm on the price n he came with his kid n all of a sudden tryed to con me into this sob story n i said hey pal there is the highway, have a nice day! well he gave me my full asking price n away he went. he was like i ahve tolls n gas costs, hey that is not my problem! people try to be slick but u know soemthing what goes around comes around!

Quick Reply: EBAY IS A RIP OFF