from now on, NOBODY ELSE will ride my quad!

Search this Thread

Old 02-13-2005, 08:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default from now on, NOBODY ELSE will ride my quad!

On a recent ride with a freind and a couple of his freinds, I let them try out my V. One of his freinds tipped it over and cracked the front and rear plastic (limited edition). $850 (after a 10% discount from dealer). This guy cut me a check. He can ride my quad any time!
That is the way it SHOULD be.
You broke it, you pay for it.

Old 02-14-2005, 12:05 PM
Pro Rider

i let all my friends ride my quads, because they all have quads....my one best friend i could care less if he took one of my quads or bikes for a week, just because ik he will take the best care of it like its his own, and wont beat on it at all, and if anything happend to it i could gaurentee it would be fixed better then it was. heck he leaves his quad at my house all the time in my garage, so he trusts me also, right now i have 2 quads at my house that arent mine, but i keep them indoors, and they tell me ride them if you want, but to me its not mine so i respect that, im just glad we have the mutual respect thing going on, if you break it you fix it, and this is a ungoing thing, so far noone has broken anything which is good, they have broken there own stuff, and i have fixed it almost ALWAYS, to me we dont care who rides what and i dont either, we all trust each other and thats the way it should be.

v581

Old 02-14-2005, 06:02 PM
Pro Rider

i got a friend who was asking if he could drive my old warrior. i told him yes under a few conditions.
1. he doesnt go higher than 2nd
2. he does not over rev the engine
3. he does not power shift
4. he does not wheelie, jump or do any tricks on it

so hes out for about 45 min and he comes WALKING back and has the nerve to say "it stoped and wouldnt start. so i make him walk with me to show me where it was (he didnt want to because he was "to tired")so i fint it with soil alover the handelbars and gas all over the plastic. i knew right away he'd fliped it. i hit the starter, and ....nothing. it wouldnt even turn over! i did my best to keep my cool. i told him to go get HIS truck so we could get it out of there. so we get it back to my camp and try jumping it with a car to see if it was the battery. nothing. i pulled out the plug to see if it would turn a bit with no compression. it turned a bit but it was real slow so i knew it was blown. i checked the oil to see if it was out but it wasnt. so my weekend was blown and i couldnt go anywhere so i go home. i bring it into the dealer and got them to look at it. the mechanic calls me a couple of hours later and told me that it just needs a new to end. 400 something with laybor. i asked him what he thinks went wrong with it and he said, "looks like someone was running the **** out of it when it was cold. we also found a warped valve witch was probibly from the same thing. (i has my valves adjusted 1 week before and there was no problem) luckly my mechanic is a good guy and he changed the valve for free. so later i see my "buddy" and handed him the bill and he says "whats this for?" i told him he blew my engine and he had to pay it. so he said "u cant f***in prove anything, so i aint payin." so i let it go because if i sued him i couldnt prove it was his fault. so i let it go.

2 months later i helped someone move with his truck and the front breakline exploded (thats the best way i can put it) and i lost all breaks, so i hit the park brake. nothing. so i downshift and ended over revign the engine a bit. i tell him what happened and he accuses me of recking his stuff because i pushed the brakes to hard and i should pay him. i told him to lick some a$$ because i wasnt paying. so he tried to sue me for the 200 bucks for the brake line. and for some reason the hole side of his truck got smashed and it realy wasnt me.

isnt it great when things work out?

Old 02-14-2005, 06:16 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: moldycheese
i got a friend who was asking if he could drive my old warrior. i told him yes under a few conditions.1. he doesnt go higher than 2nd2. he does not over rev the engine3. he does not power shift4. he does not wheelie, jump or do any tricks on itso hes out for about 45 min and he comes WALKING back and has the nerve to say "it stoped and wouldnt start. so i make him walk with me to show me where it was (he didnt want to because he was "to tired")so i fint it with soil alover the handelbars and gas all over the plastic. i knew right away he'd fliped it. i hit the starter, and ....nothing. it wouldnt even turn over! i did my best to keep my cool. i told him to go get HIS truck so we could get it out of there. so we get it back to my camp and try jumping it with a car to see if it was the battery. nothing. i pulled out the plug to see if it would turn a bit with no compression. it turned a bit but it was real slow so i knew it was blown. i checked the oil to see if it was out but it wasnt. so my weekend was blown and i couldnt go anywhere so i go home. i bring it into the dealer and got them to look at it. the mechanic calls me a couple of hours later and told me that it just needs a new to end. 400 something with laybor. i asked him what he thinks went wrong with it and he said, "looks like someone was running the **** out of it when it was cold. we also found a warped valve witch was probibly from the same thing. (i has my valves adjusted 1 week before and there was no problem) luckly my mechanic is a good guy and he changed the valve for free. so later i see my "buddy" and handed him the bill and he says "whats this for?" i told him he blew my engine and he had to pay it. so he said "u cant f***in prove anything, so i aint payin." so i let it go because if i sued him i couldnt prove it was his fault. so i let it go.2 months later i helped someone move with his truck and the front breakline exploded (thats the best way i can put it) and i lost all breaks, so i hit the park brake. nothing. so i downshift and ended over revign the engine a bit. i tell him what happened and he accuses me of recking his stuff because i pushed the brakes to hard and i should pay him. i told him to lick some a$$ because i wasnt paying. so he tried to sue me for the 200 bucks for the brake line. and for some reason the hole side of his truck got smashed and it realy wasnt me. isnt it great when things work out?
With friends like that you sure don't need enemies. Probably felt good to get back at him though [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img].

Old 02-17-2005, 03:32 AM
Range Rover

A few years back I had a boss that wanted to ride the quads we had. I told him that if he wrecked he would pay for damages. He agreed. About an hour later I was stopped on an ice patch on one of the quads. He lost control and slid into me bending the outer lip of the wheel. About a week later I gave him the bill for the wheel. He wasn't happy because the bent outer lip didn't really present any negative effect on the quad. I explained to him that all my stuff is kept in prime condition and when I sell my toys I do so proudly because they aren't all banged up. Prime quads bring more $ when it's time to sell them.

Old 02-17-2005, 12:17 PM
Pro Rider

I have 3 good friends that i always go riding with and were always swapping quads, but i know they can ride and they know i can ride so its not a problem, we limit the amount of abuse we put on each others bike, for example, i'll only jump with my bike because i know what its going to do in mid air, and they pretty much do the same. Were always trying to jump on my friend banshee when he's not looking and take off, its more of a joke thing, he dosn't get pissed, finds it funny. My friend blaster is fun to ride, that little thing gets air off a pebble, but 20 minute4s on that thing and you start to feel cramped.

Old 02-17-2005, 02:49 PM
Range Rover

i have had a lot of cases like this. me and my good friend came up with a rule that u cant ride our quads unless u hav ur own so we will be bael to ride urs as well. other then one friend who loves to ride but cant offord somthing of hsi own so we let him ride. so after awhile every1 was askin to ride so i made a deal u pay for the gas and u pay for anything u brake u can ride it. but now ive never had any problems but from now on just to be safe im not gonna let any1 ride other then my good friend.

Old 04-01-2005, 10:32 PM
Weekend Warrior

At present, I am the only one in my group of friends that has a quad, its seems everybody loves it, but nobody is willing to step up and purchase one. I think at the expense I have put myself at, its only right I should be riding my quad all the time. I see from your messages, some will and some will not let others have a go. From now on, I am not. It has taken me too long to finace my beautiful Z400 and the last thing I want to do is have some numb skull damage it, even if they pay for the costs.
Oh yes, then there is the running costs, this thing rips and gets thirsty. I am fully funding its drinking habit. AND AFTER READING SOME OF UR POSTS, IM SICK OF IT, NO ! THATS MY ANSWER FROM NOW ONWARDS, NOOOO!!!!

RAM STINGER 250
LTZ 400
mods, acerbis handgaurds,
kill switch
nerf bars
skid plates
wheel spacers

Mods to me?
fillings,
reading glasses
watch
tat2s. lol

oops, left a bit out sorry

Old 04-03-2005, 02:30 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Being retired is a hoot!

Sounds like most of you are younger and living at home with your parents. Something for you to consider is the liability you are indirectly placing on your folks when you allow others to ride your quads. This would seem to be particularly true if you allow someone you know has not been taught to operate the machine properly or has displayed a wanton disregard for safe operating standards to borrow your quad.

If your friends hurt themselfs or someone else or do damage to someones property your folks could end up paying the damages. I know it dosent seem fair but that's how things often end up after a lawsuit is filed.

Just something to consider and it may be an easy way for you to tell others why you can't allow them to use your quad. I would suggest talking with your folks about this.

Old 04-04-2005, 01:18 PM
Weekend Warrior

Actually, that is a good way to approach an all out bann on riding my quad.
I dont think you should tell everyone though, they will all be filing lawsuits.

LTZ 400
RAM STINGER 250
mods, acerbis handgaurds,
kill switch
nerf bars
skid plates
wheel spacers

Quick Reply: from now on, NOBODY ELSE will ride my quad!