What is the fastest streetbike out?

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2005 | 09:44 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Default What is the fastest streetbike out?

Originally posted by: bansheeesmoker
I heard the r-1 is the fastest bike off the showroom floor. the bussa used to be and can be with very little mods
Really all the bikes have more than we can handle on public roads anyways. Like delow stated earlier, the 600's are just as fast as the big boys until top speed. If was going to buy a rocket it would probably be a CBR600RR or a GSXR 750.

Old 03-10-2005 | 10:11 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: bansheeesmoker
I heard the r-1 is the fastest bike off the showroom floor. the bussa used to be and can be with very little mods
Really all the bikes have more than we can handle on public roads anyways. Like delow stated earlier, the 600's are just as fast as the big boys until top speed. If was going to buy a rocket it would probably be a CBR600RR or a GSXR 750.
I also want a CBR600RR.
But the more i look at the R1 I want it.
I think i'm ready for a 1000CC bike now.
But i'm kinda hardcore Honda when it comes to bikes so maybe i'll look at the 1000RR
No idea how it compares to the R1 though.

As for you other guys. Have you by any chance looked around in this Other atv topic forum? There isn't much in here that has anything to do with atv's so chill.

Old 03-10-2005 | 10:21 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Ahh don't listen to them guys, about everyone in this forum has common interests so I say talk about what you want. Hunting, Fishin, street bikes, dirtbikes, trucks, whatever!

I havn't rode one, but I "heard" those new Honda 1000RR's are suppost to be wicked. Hopefully I can try one out this summer.

Old 03-10-2005 | 03:40 PM
Pro Rider

Selling the CR250?

What did you pay for your 03? does it ride any different?

Old 03-10-2005 | 03:48 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: BlackRaptor
Selling the CR250?

Yeah he scammed that 03 off some poor lil lady that didn't know what she had. LMAO!! J/K Motox26 will splain the differences if any.

Old 03-10-2005 | 03:49 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Yeah Im selling the 00'. I wasn't planning on it, but my GF's,dads', bandmate's, brother was selling this 03' that was MINT. And when I say mint, I mean it would pass for a Brand New showroom bike. The guy only rode it around in his backyard and was afraid of it or sumpin. I really wasn't going to buy it unless I could really talk him down (asking 3,000), but when I seen it I couldn't believe the shape it was in. I got him down to 2700 I believe.

I havn't really got to ride it except for down the rode,for being all stock the power feels good and from what I can tell it handles a little better than the 00'. My friend got to ride it on a practice track for about 10 mins and he really likes it, so we'll see.

Incase your wondering why he rode it, I was at work and I had him take it there for me so I could ride before dark, well it started rain and I never got to ride it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2005 | 03:55 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: MrDumass
Originally posted by: BlackRaptor
Selling the CR250?

Yeah he scammed that 03 off some poor lil lady that didn't know what she had. LMAO!! J/K Motox26 will splain the differences if any.
Dammit Dumass! I didn't want anybody else to know I ripped off an old lady! LOL[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2005 | 01:17 AM
Pro Rider

I've been riding street bikes a loing time (before quds were invented) I just sold my 02 hayabusa and the Busa is with out a doubt the fastest street bike you can buy. The Busa and the Kawi ZX12 are both limited to 300KMH (186). That is easily by passed with a simple mod or you can buy a Power commander and remap the ignition eliminating the 186 speed governor. With a few mods, we're talking power commander, open up the air filter box and exhaust pipes a Busa does over 200MPH and puts about 170 hp to the rear wheel with over 100 Ftlb of torque. No other bike is in this league. The busa is 100 pounds heavier then the liter bikes so they are able to turn quicker, but don't full yourself into thinking the Busa does not handle well. 150 mph is a nice Sunday afternoon drive speed on the Busa. No vibration, no floating, just a rock solid ride. AT 150 you are only tacking about 7800 RPM red line is past 11000. I really could not belive how faqst and stable these bikes are. Nothing on the near side of $750,000.00 will get the performance that you can get on the BUSA!

The Busa will turn a 1/4 mile in the mid 9's and end about 145mph. Thats fast![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-16-2005 | 01:06 PM
Trailblazer

Ask Jessie James he just blew one up.

Old 03-17-2005 | 04:38 PM
Pro Rider

The GSX1300r is still the top speed king. Kawasaki thought their 1200 was going to take it but it didn't quite get there. A power comander and a muzzy exhaust and your past 200mph and in the 9's through the quarter. Norton built a bike a few years ago that was fatser, I think it was called Nemises or something but the price was to high and it never made production. The jet bike built by marine turbines out of south Lauisana will hit a higher top speed but it's not really considered a production bike and has a price tag of a little over $150grand. The new Honda 1000rr has the potential to beat the busa but you better dig deep to do the mods.

Whats wrong with talking about sportbikes on here. Nobody complained about the topic whats your favorite beer.
Also the producers of the show are the ones responsible for Jessie blowing up the busa. I'm sure he didn't mind but he was doing what they told him.

Quick Reply: What is the fastest streetbike out?