Anyone know how to get rid of a boat?

Search this Thread

Old 04-10-2005 | 05:09 AM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Anyone know how to get rid of a boat?

here is how the poor local fisherman do it

probably had a good insurance policy too

Old 04-10-2005 | 11:48 AM
Pro Rider

I was messing around in the truck one day and was like WTF was that as something rather large caught my eye as I was heading down a dirt road.

Well below is what I found and if you look close you can see the that the popo had arrived (shortly after I found it) and was as suprized as I was as usually you find small 10-14ft boats illegally dumped.

click for pic

Old 04-10-2005 | 12:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 2manytoys
Take it out to the middle of a deep lake and drop a brick through the middle. Oh and make sure you are wearing a life vest! LOL!!!
lol, thats what i said, just let it float away. it will have a good life.

Old 04-10-2005 | 12:14 PM
Pro Rider

Call your local boat sales people, not just the harbor where they keep it. Ask them if they want a free boat, as long as the hulls in decent shape they may take it. If they won't, go catch one of the service guys away from their manager and tell them what you got and you just want to get rid of it for free. Or, I don't know if you have one of those trader mag's in your area where you can advertise for free. Offer a free boat, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get rid of. A landfill may take it, but call them first. Sorry if all this info has already been posted, didn't feel like reading both pages. But for the love of God, Gaia, and your fellow man, don't just dump the boat unless your trying to hide a body in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].

Old 04-10-2005 | 12:23 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MeYHymN
Call your local boat sales people, not just the harbor where they keep it. Ask them if they want a free boat, as long as the hulls in decent shape they may take it. If they won't, go catch one of the service guys away from their manager and tell them what you got and you just want to get rid of it for free. Or, I don't know if you have one of those trader mag's in your area where you can advertise for free. Offer a free boat, I wouldn't think it would be too hard to get rid of. A landfill may take it, but call them first. Sorry if all this info has already been posted, didn't feel like reading both pages. But for the love of God, Gaia, and your fellow man, don't just dump the boat unless your trying to hide a body in it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img].
well, what if he is dumping a body in it? then should he let it float away? lol.

Old 04-10-2005 | 01:56 PM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: 440EX026
I was messing around in the truck one day and was like WTF was that as something rather large caught my eye as I was heading down a dirt road.

Well below is what I found and if you look close you can see the that the popo had arrived (shortly after I found it) and was as suprized as I was as usually you find small 10-14ft boats illegally dumped.

click for pic
WOW

did you take it home ?

Old 04-10-2005 | 04:38 PM
Quad Patrol

Donate it to a organization that teaches law enforcement officers on how to conduct vessel accidents[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I know out here in California, we accept old boats to do mock accidents. The schools even let them watch how vessels react, when involved in an accident. Like a jet skier/ pwc being lauched over the stern of a boat[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] Do you have a local U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary or Local Agency that patrols your rivers or lakes? Give them a call and ask. If all else fails, call the state agency that handles your boating laws/eduacation. In California, it's called Ca. Department of Boating and Waterways. Good Luck[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005 | 01:53 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: pepperb4u
Originally posted by: 440EX026

click for pic
WOW

did you take it home ?
Take it home [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

That one was over 25ft, and actually in pretty damn good condition besides what looked like an engine that someone couldnt get to run. The hull and interior was in real good shape and the drive looked like it was serviced recent too.

I have gotten used to the typical washer and dryer or water heater and even the occassional half burnt 16 footer, but this was a real boat that someone just decided to unhook and let drop in the middle of a somewhat used trail/dirt road.

Guess the recycling center wouldnt take it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-11-2005 | 12:23 PM
Trailblazer

One Word;

DYNOMITE!!!!!

Old 04-11-2005 | 02:46 PM
Range Rover

down here on the gulf coast some marinas will help you sink it, gps the coords to make an arificial reef... if no one does it there you might suggest it....they make awsome fishing hunny holes....

Quick Reply: Anyone know how to get rid of a boat?