Could the Snowy Plover doom Pismo? No more ORV's at Pismo?

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2005, 11:11 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
GOT BOOST!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could the Snowy Plover doom Pismo? No more ORV's at Pismo?

Well I had to look up some T&E (threatened and endangered) species at work today and I ran into the CDFG website. HOLY SH#*&T, they are proposing that many beaches be off limites for the Snowy Plover; a thretened and endangered bird!!!! They had a map so I had to go take a peak. Weeeeeeeeeell, the map closed a lot of beaches from SD to the northern Washington border!!!! I could not believe it!!!! It looked like they want to close all of Pismo!!!!
Maybe I'm reading this whole thing wrong but I don't think so. If this proposal passes almost all beaches will be off limits!!! I live in the north so I don't ride Pismo but this is bad news for ALL ATV'ers and off roaders.
Does anybody else know of this? I don't like to be wrong, but in this case I would be glad if someone proved me wrong!!! Check it out.

Old 06-22-2005, 01:21 PM
Royalty Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Could the Snowy Plover doom Pismo? No more ORV's at Pismo?

This past weekend I went to Pismo and the ranger at the gate was handing out flyers, the flyers had little rules are regulations that duners should follow to help avoid closures. People have been trying to shut it down for years...