Whats your Dream quad?

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-1999, 02:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just bought my dream on thursday. Had a 2000 400EX on order and canceled when I bought a 99 400EX with Works triple rate front shocks, DG Baja skids, AC Racing nerfs, FMF Performax pipe, K&N power kit, Fast Trekker front tires, and Renthal Bars. Love at first site, got a deal too! I'm happy for a while.

~~Mike

------------------

Old 08-02-1999, 02:59 PM
Trailblazer

What's my dream Quad? Let's see - One that is paid for, needs no maintenance, never runs out of gas or breaks down, always gets me where I want to go when I want to get there, pulls or carries anything I need or want it to, loads and unloads itself to and from the trailer or the back of the truck, (And especially takes care of the tiedowns too!) and automatically upgrades itself with whatever fancy new bells and whistles the manufacturers come out with each year! Now this is my idea of a "dream" quad! Seriously, I, like most of the quad world am not into racing. For those who want it, go for it! You only live once so go for what you want! I honestly don't care what I am riding as long as I can ride - if they didn't make the brand I own I'd have bought something else! Like many folks, I bought the quad I got the best deal on, the one several people I know owned, the one that came from a local dealership I felt I could trust, the one I could scrape up enough money to purchase and the one that satisfied me for the type of riding I do and the places I ride. I know this is not what this thread is really about, but I couldn't resist!

Mark Vinson - mark1@ipa.net

Old 08-02-1999, 03:14 PM
Pro Rider

Dream Quad:
TRX400EX.
Add: Switchable 4 wheel drive. Reverse. More horsepower.
If they could add all that and keep the same weight and suspension travel I would be happy! :-)

Old 08-02-1999, 07:31 PM
Pro Rider

Can I have two????...
1.) A 500cc Polaris (or Honda if they made one like this) Liquid cooled, 4 valve 4-stroke. No STOCK CRAP!! higher compression piston, aftermarket cam, K&N filter, flowed carburetor(or fuel injection would be sweet), performance exhaust with a snorkel for running in deep water.(lets go ahead and snorkel the airbox too)
If its a Honda type AWD/4WD.. then it would need a locker. If its a Polaris, then snorkel the tranny vent.
Rule 3000# winch, Highlifter lift kit, 27" Vampires on Aluminum beadlock wheels. Front and rear Oxlite bumpers, Oxlite bootguards, full aluminum or steel skidplates, large fuel capacity, and VERY comfortable seat.

2.) A Scrambler 500, but trash the AWD stuff, send it to Jenny Craig for some weight control..(i'd live with 400-410 lbs.) roller clutch, 42mm carburetor, Supertrapp IDS exhaust, concentric drive, adjustable front struts, more adjustability on the rear shock too.. .190 beadlock aluminum wheels. And the plastic molded in Satin Blue.. (with Satin Black accents, like the hood, seat, handlebars.

Old 08-02-1999, 08:11 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Alibaba, your Army recruiter wants to talk with you--bad!

Tree Farmer

Old 08-03-1999, 02:22 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Since this is the 3rd rebuild in 8 months on the 85 LT 250 R (time to retire?) I would say my dream quad would be one that ran for at least 3 months at a time!

RoostKing

Old 08-04-1999, 11:07 AM
Pro Rider

Roostking,
Have you checked the lower connecting rod bearing? I had a friend going through the same thing. ie Blaster puffing every 3rd ride. Until he had the lower bearing changed out. Now I have the Blaster and it hasn't blown in 3 years. It is my wifes and she is easy on it, but sometimes I get on and burn the carbon out. Also, I have let my friend beat the crap out of it for an hour or two. Still working...
Anyway, just tbought I would mention checking the play issue in the lower bearing.

phil

Old 08-04-1999, 05:08 PM
Range Rover

2000 'Zilla: LIghter weight (by about 80-100 lbs.), 24" of suspension travel,(both ends) a radical new color and sticker scheme, +6 swingarm, and Laeger stock length A-arms. And a dyno rating of about 100 horse! FMF everything, and oh yeah, everything that Mark Vinson's quad has!

,,,Freddie

[This message has been edited by freddie889 (edited 08-04-1999).]

Old 08-04-1999, 05:12 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Philzie,
Although I have not yet, that was going to be my area of concern. You see, this time a simple little peice like a thrust washer was my downfall. A 1/2 peice broke off and wedged itself between my piston and the cylinder! Can you say seized! At 2:00 am out at the dunes.. Not fun. ANyhow, something had to cause that thrust bearing/washer to break. IT was a new rebuild as well.

Old 08-05-1999, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Deam Machine:

Frame- somthing along the lines of the 250R or 400EX but constructed of titanium and aluminum.

Suspention- fully adjustable with 10"+ travel.

Motor- water cooled, fuel injected, Ducatti v-twin.

Color- Ferrari red

Name- Barchetta

Dream Machine 2:

Same as above only with a Harley 750 flat track motor in black and called Nazgul.

------------------
TRXter

400EX

[This message has been edited by TRXter (edited 08-11-1999).]

Quick Reply: Whats your Dream quad?