worst crash

Search this Thread

Old 08-21-1999, 03:00 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My worst crash was when I got ran over by my anut when I was 8. I jumped out in front of the honda 110 she was riding and woke up about 5 hours later in the camp. To this day I still only remember seeing them go into the woods and the next thing is waking up in the camp.

------------------
Arctic Cat 500, Not your average Kitty, The New King Of the Jungle

Old 08-22-1999, 08:16 PM
Trailblazer

My worst crash wasn't on a quad but on a dirtbike. I was riding in a ditch a hit a wet and muddy spot and i went down landing on my wrist. I broke my wrist and ended up having a cast and then it didn't heal right so i had surgery on it and they put a steel plate with 6 screws in my wrist. Other wise I didn't get hurt at all. Bent the handle bars a little bit.

Mud600
98 Grizzly, 82 Atc 185s

Old 08-24-1999, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer

My worst crash was on my Polaris Trail Boss. I was riding on the beech with some freinds and one is kinda phyco on his Blaster and he was shooting roosts and cutting cookies and i was going fll speed strait down the beech. He came out of a cookie and was doing about 30. Then he smashed into me head on. His Blaster did a one eighty and he stayed on it. Mine came to a complete stop and i went flying over the handlebars and landed on my head. I didn't break nothing but my neck hasn't been the same since.

------------------
300ex... The Big Red Machine

Old 08-25-1999, 10:42 AM
Pro Rider

Stupid move, I did a foward flip on my Wolverine, I just stepped off when it was vertical!!!! And they walked away 5!!

Old 08-25-1999, 10:21 PM
Trailblazer

my worst crash was on my blaster. i was showing off for a friend, i was in 4th gear and coming up my driveway pretty fast and my right front tire clipped a rock wall. i flipped three times, had the bars go into my ribs, bent the rim, popped the tire, bent the frame, bent the steering column sooo bad that to go forward, you had to hold the bars as far to the right as possible. the right rim would not turn. to fix that i hit the dent out with a hammer. to fix the steering column, i took it off, put it in a vise, took a very large pipe wrench and twisted it back to normal. i had already ordered a new tire prior to the accident.i suffered no injuries. as soon as i fixed my quad back up i sold it and i have been very carefull with my banshee and i have stayed well away from rockwalls.

tony
'97 banshee

Old 08-25-1999, 10:54 PM
Range Rover

I'M gonna have to devide this up into 3 segments: The most painful, the coolest looking, and the most damaging.
The most Painful: After riding, i washed my Arctic Cat down, i had a bunch of weeds/mud wrapped around the inside of the wheels, i guess i oversprayed the brakes or something, i got on it to go put it up and was racing my roomate to the barn, well...i started trying to stop. needless to say the brakes were soaking wet, i hit a big pole that supports the barn at about 30 mph, luckily it was at an angle and when i flew over the handle bars i didnt hit it with my head, but i did land on the barb wire fence.
The Coolest Looking: Or so i was told, i've shared this one before. We were riding pretty hard, not knowing, my rear brake pad had worn all the way down, torn, and the caliper fully extended, letting all the brake fluid out. Not knowing i went flying up a huge hill, about 3/4 the way up..i ran up on a log, and decided to ease off and take another angle, well the next thing i know, i was going down the hill backwards at a very high rate of speed. I couldnt stop so i just held on for the ride, i hit a dried creek bank backwards, ramped, and the next thing i new i was standing on my feet and my 4 wheeler was beside me. The handle bars were touching the gas tank, but it was still running, My freinds told me that when it ramped backwards, it threw me off, and did nearly a full roll while in the air, pretty cool looking they said..hmmm.
The most damaging: I have learned something about hills, no matter what you ride, how good the suspension, how powerful the motor, You can only mess with gravity so long before you get screwed. I was going up one of those huge hills with the lip at the top that goes staight up and down..i know you banshee/400 ex people know what kind of hill im talking about, anyway i figured if i had enough speed i could make it...wrong answer. I hit the lip, it threw me sideways, i bailed off, rolled down, got to my feet, and i saw it roll 5 times...i figured it rolled twice before i hit the bottom and looked, anyway, New handle bars, new speedo (that i still havnt got), broke shock, and some body damage...thats about it. All these wrecks were on the same '98 Arctic Cat 454 i ride today.

[This message has been edited by AC454 (edited 08-25-1999).]

Old 08-26-1999, 07:43 PM
Trailblazer

umm I guess I've been lucky. The only crash I've ever had well two actually. One I was riding my grandma's 83 Big Red 200. Well I was going a little faster than I should have then the left rear tires hits a nail and blows not blows but just went down rather quickly so I started going to the left trying to go right then I realized use the brakes. So I remember the rear has a bad habit to lock up and it takes some time to unlock it so I reach for the front brake which dont work but It might then I'm staring at the cable not pulling on the brake then I hit the wind mill. But I did'nt hit it too hard since I didn't touch the throttle and I was coasting for about 50 yards.

Then the next reck. This time on a 86 moto-4. Okay me and my cousin were riding along a fenceline and he stops to wave at a person so I lock up the brakes and try to turn to the left . well the front went to the left but the rear just kept sliding. And I thought about letting off the brake but I was at a position where if i did I would flip. So I hang on for dear life.then the back tires hit my 94 300 4x4 (which my cuzin was riding) in the rear end . Then all of a sudden I'm laying on the ground with my cuzin starin at me like " are u alright" then I say yeah and he says I got like five feet of air with my body. and I was like "what?!?!?!" and he says you went flying through the air and landed flat on your a$$. Then I fixed the brake pads on the POS right quick. Sorry about the long post but I like to share my stories.

Old 08-26-1999, 09:08 PM
Range Rover

In 96 I borrowed my Father in laws timberwolf to ride with some friends from work . We were flying ( not quite sure top speed of the Timberwolf , Maybe 40mph ?) down a dirt road , I was in the back behind the other guys and there was so much dust that I missed a turn in the road and I went off the road and hit a ditch . The wolf became airborn and I managed to hang on until I came back down but the impact bounced me off and I landed on the back of my head ( no helmet , like an idiot ) and it knocked me cold . It took awhile for the guys to realize I wasn't behind them and when they came back I couldn't even remember my name . They gathered me up and hauled my sorry butt to the hospital . I was lucky to come out with only a concussion and some road rash . When they went back to get the wolf they paced it off and I was air born for about 40 feet and the machine flipped and rolled another 50 ft. from where I ended up ,with the only damage being a broken brake handle and slightly dinged front rim .

Must be something about them Timberwolves !

( Just kiddin , every time I've crashed it's been about 90% my own stupidity ! ie. Not being able to see and going full throttle , no helmet .)

Old 08-26-1999, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer

hahahahaha, that was funny stuff. I know your kinda stretchin the truth alittle bit, but that would be a awesome wreck to see, I'm betting it would land on its wheels =)

Since Everyone else is sharing thier T-Wolf wrecks, i'll share mine. I've not really had a major wreck, but the one that hurt the most, was when i tried to climb a relativly steep highwall in 4th gear (note to new riders, NEVER try this. It just dont work)
I thought i was in second, about half way up i realized i wasn't going to make it. This is where i started screaming explatives. It was still going rather good, untill i reached the top. I made it all the way to the top, and could see everyone looking at me, and then the mighty t-wolf, flooded out and quit. The people on the top of the hill said my front wheels Never touched the ground. After one flip backwards I bailed, or got thrown off, but i prefer Bailed, it sounds better. haha
The T-wolf Flipped, rolled, and kart wheeled, all the way down a 30 foot tall highwall. When it finnally came to a rest, it was sitting on the back rack, with the front end facing straight up. It bent the handlebar pretty bad, scratched a fender, and broke my arm. But that was pretty much it. We took a pipe and straightend out the handlebars, and took off. I didn't see it, but everyone said my front wheels didn't touch the ground once after i bailed.

Thats my "and they walked away" story. Sorry it was so long, but i like being descriptive
hahaha.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf

Old 08-28-1999, 03:00 AM
Pro Rider

Brand new 99 Xxplorer 400. Under 100 miles. I got pressured to follow the group into a 'killer trail'. 3 people lost their machines that month alone. (I found out afterwards).

In the woods, really steep hillsides, lots of exposed roots, etc.

On an off keel angle turning to the right, going up hill. I hit a little root on the top side, and the machine starts to go over sideways. The bars catch my jacket and throw me down the hill. I land and remember this 500 pound machine comming after me. I roll out of the way to watch my brand new quad roll a dozen times down the hill. It missed every tree and landed in a soft spot.

We rolled it back over, and I drove it home with the brake lever in one hand.

Parts were about $1200.

Expensive lesson...... Never been back on that trail. Hmmm, should go back and do it sometime......

RM

Quick Reply: worst crash