Hurricane!!!

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2005 | 11:48 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I live in southwest louisiana, we didnt get much other than some wind. But my younger brother works offshore, he lost his vehicle in Venice, la. Thats a small thing to lose compared to others. I have an Uncle and Aunt that live south of New Orleans that may have lost everything. There children may have lost there homes aswell. It may be weeks before the find out about it.

I have several good friends that may have lost family members.

I live in an area that is seeing refugees everywhere, without homes, places to go, food, and water. It hits home when its all around you.

Old 09-01-2005 | 01:15 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Hurricane!!!

makes a guy wish he could just take a year off to try and put some of this back in order,there is just so much that needs to be taken care of. I know from now on, I'll think a lot harder before I complain about some cold weather, high bills, or other relatively meaningless things from now on. God help them all
that was very well said

Old 09-01-2005 | 01:28 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I know I am thinking VERY hard about staying home from our big Labor Day Dune Trip, and sending the money I would have spent to the victims.
Man I wish there was something more I could do.
God Bless, and keep your chin up!

Old 09-01-2005 | 01:43 PM
|
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Old 09-01-2005 | 03:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Im curious to see the gov break their necks to help like they did in thailand, also what about all those countries that helped in the tsunami. America never gets any help from others or atleast its not reported. Im not saying we should be looking for handouts but anytime there is a crisis anywhere in the world we are always here to help. JMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 09-01-2005 | 09:33 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

http://www.tysknews.com/Depts/Our_Culture/americans.htm

read that, that says how the other countries pretty much react to our problems...
anyhow, I was notified by my platoon sergeant today that I am going down to help with my unit, I'll be there within the next 24 hours

Old 09-01-2005 | 10:09 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Just got back from the Lafayette area which is about 2- 2 1/2 hours east of Lafayette. What I noticed was convoys going in both directions. Buses lead by Texas Troopers heading west. 100's of buses.

Heading East was convoys of Military vehicles. Dozens of unmarked white suburbans with police lights on top (assuming FBI or ATF). Border patrol agents with swamp boats heading in that direction. What affected me the most was seeing convoys of private vehicles heading east pulling trailers with cases of water and other supplies.

I have been seeing numerous reports of looting and civilians shooting at military and rescue personel. Im truely upset at this. But I dont want this to underscore the million+ civilians that need our help. Its a horrible disaster in our own back yards.

Old 09-01-2005 | 11:13 PM
Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

I urge everyone to send support for these victims, be it to the Red Cross or some other reputable charity they are going to need untold resources both in monies and actual supplies. We are talking about hundreds of thousands of people who no longer have anything but the clothes on their backs. Its time for all the people of the US to dig deep and answer this call for help from these victims, The people of the US did it before on 9/11 and its time we did it again.

The damage was somewhat bad over here at Mobile, I cant imagine walking amongest all that destruction in MS and LA.....it truly was catastrophic.

Pray for them always, but lets also give what is needed.

Old 09-01-2005 | 11:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Hurricane!!!

Originally posted by: Raptorx44
Im curious to see the gov break their necks to help like they did in thailand, also what about all those countries that helped in the tsunami. America never gets any help from others or atleast its not reported. Im not saying we should be looking for handouts but anytime there is a crisis anywhere in the world we are always here to help. JMO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]
I ditto all the heartfelt sentiments said so far. The FEMA team from our area should be arriving there today, with more of the team probably going next week. I sure wish I would have been able to go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]
I've been channel surfing all day since it's happened, watching the coverage on all the channels. It's just amazing to see what is going on. We can't imagine what they are going through[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

I can't remember all the countries on the list, but I know there have been a few that have offered [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] But so far we have declined their offers, we'll see what happens though.

I know it's not near what the victims are going through, but also think about ALL the people that are there helping. It's also got to be devasting for them to see all those people in the condition they are in, and only being able to help them one by one. Having to leave the poor deceased folks where they are and not be able to do anything for them, I'm sure they are seeing hundreds of bodies every day.

To me this is unimaginable. Pictures and video are one thing, but to see it in person is absolutely different. Been there, done that................

So much to say on this subject, but where do you start...... I guess start with "WOW"........... or silence...........

Great topic to start BING

Old 09-02-2005 | 12:33 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default Hurricane!!!

To see what's going on in New Orleans is insane. The looting for food & water, I can understand. Not condone, but understand it. But the steeling of TVs (really, come on, there isn't even electricity there) and reports of rapes. The shooting at rescuers (in helos and at the hospitals). They should just turn the Nat. Guard loose. They shoot at you, shoot to kill. Don't even call for med. help for whoever you shoot. We'll pick up their body later.

The link animal posted was interesting. It actually is dated 1972 or so.

I'm always amazed at the power of Mother Nature to show who really is in charge. I'm one of those junkies who can't get enough. I actually get ticked when it seems that half the stories on CNN's website containt half of a previous article.

Hopefully the lawlessness will subside in the next day or two. Saw on TV a lot of officers in pickups towing boats. Probably had to have 10-15 in each vehicle. Looked like they were packing for a fight (AR-15s, tactical shotguns, etc.) One truck was pulling what looked like an aluminum bass boat with an inflatable on top of it.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Quick Reply: Hurricane!!!