ATV's in the mall...

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-1999, 12:25 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Is everybody familiar with American Eagle Outfitters? They're in most larger malls accross the US.

Today while out doing a bit of shopping at a local mall (St. Louis area) I saw their window display. There are two different sides (one for Men's, one for Women's). Anyway each side has two fairly large pictures hanging in them, along witht hte usual maniquins (spelling ?).

The Mens side shows a guy on a 250R ('86 I think), doing some mudding, and the other shows a guy leaning against a Warrior.

The Women's shows a female riding a Kodiak/Big Bear (not exactly sure, but its a Yamaha), and again the other is of a female leaning against the Warrior.

Of course neither picture with the people riding shows anybody wearing any protective gear (I.E. helmet, gloves...) which some might argue as being negative, but I still thought it was kinda cool to see such a display.

Are ATV's really becoming more and more "mainstream"? Will ad trends like this force manufacturers to produce newer, and improve current machines.

I think I might go back and ask for the one with the female, when they are done with it, and hang it in my shop (really its just a small garage ).

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 09-12-1999, 12:28 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I cant wait to see how GAP will use quads. They'll prob have a tricked out 400ex, warrior,or Timberwolf and they'll be singing some old song. Its just a matter of time before they start usin them.

Speakin of quads in the mall, Their building a new walmart where i live, and they've got it pretty much built except for the doors, plenty of room to get fourwheelers in. Talk about fun, its a new super big walmart and the isles are already set up. I dont know why the doors are not on yet. But we took bout 3 fourwheelers up to the parkin lot and dropped'em and away we went

Kids....do not try this at home.. hahaha

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* t-wolf