Tell us all about your ATV!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 10-05-1999, 08:54 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well the bike I ride the most is a 94 300 EX.

FMF pipe
Opened air box
350 X throat tube.

Got a pair of works for the front on the way.
Also got some new front tires and rims on the way. 190 Douglas of course.

Mean mudders on the back end.

Full rear rack! Real nice especially for hunting or long ride days.

Oh yes an aluminum skid plate, as the stock unit just can't take it!

I also removed the variable throttle as I don't need it! Replaced it with an on off switch instead, seems to fit my riding style better anyway!

Well it's really a Motion Pro Twister.

------------------

Old 10-05-1999, 09:47 PM
Pro Rider

Ok Mike since you drug me into this, here goes...

'99 Sport 400
Motor mods...
RCR porting w/Wiseco Pro-lite
HPD Billet Head girdled through the cylinder
cranking comp. is 180lbs, w/the 14:1 dome, also have a 15:1 dome for drag racing
RCR Hi-rev pipe/silencer
38TMX Mikuni (410 main)
K&N (no air box)
NGK B8EV plug
V-Force rad valve, carbon reeds
runs on Phillips 110 oct. mixed w/Klotz @40:1
still on stock bore (83mm)

Clutch set up...
HPD Red/Yellow primary
54gm. weights
HPD lavender secondary
Aaen roller kit
Dayco Max belt
Engagement is @ 4000RPM's

Other goodies include...
HPD split brake kit w/dual Magura cylinders
HPD oil injection removal kit
HPD bronze steering/A-arm bushings
HPD polished throttle cover
Scrambler 500 hood w/Westach tachometer on it
Renthal's (Banshee)
ITP Holeshot XC's all around on Douglas .190
Skat-Trak 8P Haulers on .190's for the sand
Assortment of Sunstar sprockets
DG Bumper/A-arm guards
shockwares, Fox Shox suspension

I also ditched a few non-essential components to shave some weight.

gee's is that all of it? I sometimes forget some of the little things.

------------------
Jerry Goodman '99 400L, '98 TBlazer

Old 10-06-1999, 07:40 AM
Pro Rider

Stick,

See, I told you Jerry's quad was "ALL THAT"!

Jerry,

Which goodies did you remove? I'm still in the process of trying to remove the redundant mechanical back brake.

------------------
Mike Chero 97 Polaris Sport 400L/ 97 Polaris Trailblazer 250ES

http://users.penn.com/~hal9000/mikeetta.html

Old 10-06-1999, 02:06 PM
Pro Rider

A400L, what is the dry weight of your quad. Sounds like a pretty hot setup. If you don't mind me asking, How much do you have invested in this machine?(dollar wise)

Chris "00" 300EX

Old 10-06-1999, 07:54 PM
Pro Rider

I removed the cooling fan (it never came on so I considered it dead weight (besides I have a temp light and guage), oil injection kit, sprocket/chain guards (I try to stay out of the woods), rear brake foot pedal assembly, entire airbox, went to a hood w/o a light (Scrambler 500 style), of course the aftermarket pipe/silencer weighs alot less than stock, and a bunch of small things that 'aint that big of a deal, but when all combined means a bit.

Removing the floorboards and going to nerfs, and a Hot Seat +swingarm, & trimming up the plastic will shave quite a few lbs. this winter. I enjoy the electric start too much to remove it!

Mike, the rear braking system on '99's or newer (anything w/coencentric) drive is different. My rear caliper/disc is actually on the axle, unlike your's which is located at the countershaft sprocket. On mine I had two lines going to the disc, I just removed the foot pedal assembly/line, and pluged the hole in the caliper.

Also alot of the aftermarket parts are considerably lighter than stock, and when all combined make a difference.

cstark, I dont know what the dry weight is, there is a grain factory near my house, I've been wanting to go over there and ask if they would weigh my ATV for me, just been too lazy. I'm off Friday so maybe I'll try, 'cause I'm really interested myself. $$ wise into the quad is alot, I'm not sure I want to put an exact figure down in case my wife ever finds out about this place! Seriously though, without adding it all up penny for penny I'd estimate close to $3500, not including what MY time is worth tuning the thing after every mod.

Running $4 a gal. gas doesnt help much either, when you're on it wide open all the time!!!

Yea, I could've got a Banshee, put that much into it, and have one hell of a ride but,... I do, and best of all its an automatic. I call my ride "the Sleeper". People kinda look at me a bit funny when I line up to run with some of them, but when its over I get drilled with 1001 questions.

OK, enough about my quad, lets hear from others! E-mail me personally for additional info about my ATV or goto www.godigital-design.com/schultzmotorsports/
to see more soupped up 400's.

------------------

Old 10-08-1999, 10:34 AM
Pro Rider

A400L, cool quad. Ya, you could have been like everyone else and built up a Banshee or 400EX, but you didn't. I have got to respect that. Plus, I never see you bragging about it either. That is awsome. There is too much of that in here. Mr.(I just put a pipe on my machine and now it goes 90!)talking about his souped up blaster. Get a life.
I am courios about if you put $3500 into a Banshee or 400EX, where would you come in? Do you think that you could compete with that? Anyway, have fun and don't get killed on that thing.

Chris "00" 300EX

I plan on having the fastest 300EX on the block by next spring. Time and money are the only issues. I can't wait to get the looks either when I cruise past everyone on my ride.

Old 10-08-1999, 05:12 PM
Pro Rider

Putting $3500 into a Polaris is far different than putting $3500 into a Banshee (the right way). I figure my machine is pushing 60-62HP, whereas a Banshee w/equal mods should be 70+.

But hey, theoritically I've still got almost $1000 to work with if you include the price difference of the ATV's themselves (new). Oh, how I wish I did!!!

------------------

Old 10-09-1999, 04:36 PM
jdw
Weekend Warrior

I'm beginning to think the Y2K bug has hit here early.

I bought a 2000 Bombardier Traxter, with winch installed, on September 15.

With less than 20 miles on the odometer, it died on September 18.

Since the 20th of September, it's been at MR Motorcycle and Marine in Asheville, NC, and still isn't running.

I'm afraid they're clueless as to the source of the problem.

I spent over $7200 on this machine, and have gotten practically no use at all out of it.

I'd appreciate any ideas you might have.

Thanks in advance,
John D. Wilson
Mountain Home, NC

jdw2506@sprynet.com
john52@bellsouth.net

Old 10-10-1999, 01:07 AM
Pro Rider

I drive a Max6x6. It does 90mph on water and 120 on land. I use it to get groceries and oh ya, it's a real babe magnet.
((((((NOT))))))
Sorry, I had to do it!!!!!!

Chris "00" 300EX

Old 10-10-1999, 03:02 PM
Trailblazer

Yours only does 120??? Whats wrong with yours?? Mine does 140 EASY!! With 10 people in it

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf