helment

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2005, 01:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default helment

Alright......I have a question for you guys. A bunch of kids around my area(a few classes younger than I)......are always in competition with me and a buddy. Well me and my buddy, just take it slow and do things right.....and smoke them when they least expect it(but that's another story)......so.....they guys are to "cool" type. They are now all too cool for quads.....and think only pussies ride quads(they ride moto's now)......well anyways.....when they ride, no matter where, they always seem to just put on their helment and go.....no strapping it....What is with this trend?? I figure they put the strap on there for a reason, right? Anyone have any insight to this?

I have 2 examples that should lead them to strapping it.....and they still don't.....1st....when riding in the dunes one of their uncles came over a dune, and it was peaked hard....he flew almost clear to the bottom, and basically landed on the front tires of the quad.....and his helment hit the handlebars....well he ended up with a big gash across his nose from the nose piece hitting it(wouldn't have happened, or near as likely to happen, if the strap was on)......2nd......one of these guys just recently hit a tree with his bike, going pretty fast.....well his helment slamed into his nose, and broke it......same story......

Old 11-11-2005, 11:47 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default helment

if your wearing a helmut without it straped on...you might *** well just put a hat on...they have a strap...use it

Old 11-11-2005, 12:12 PM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default helment

DEFINATELY strap on your helmet!

I used to never strap mine out of pure laziness. When I started to get more involved in MX I started to strap it. Good thing I did, I wrecked end over end on a 80ft. tripple and when the dust settled my helmet was a little ways off my head. If I wouldn't of strapped it there is no doubt that it would have flew off my head and no telling how injured my noggin could have been. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 11-11-2005, 08:22 PM
Pro Rider
Default helment

some kids are just too lazy to strap it.

i know a kid who used to ride a street bike without his helmet straped. cop saw him twice and he got a ticket both times.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:04 PM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 168 Likes on 167 Posts
Default helment

My nephews used to ride with the strap loose (really loose). One of them asked me why I pulled mine tight. Told him his method would probably work if his head comes off when the helmet does. Blank stare, deer in the headlights look. Must have sank in, he tightens it now.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:34 PM
Pro Rider
Default helment

To me it sounds like they are a bunch of idiots. He must really suck to run into a tree. but anyways, why wouldnt they put on their helmet? it takes 10 seconds to do and can and will save you a lot of pain.

Old 11-14-2005, 11:50 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default helment

my buddys all have their helmets strapped but so loose they can pull them on and off without having too loosen the strap..

basically defeating the purpose

Old 11-15-2005, 12:06 AM
Air Cooled Rider
Future Govenator of Kalifornia!
Default helment

Morons and candidates for future editions of the Darwin Awards.

Not strapped in CA = ticket.

Best Car Insurance | Auto Protection Today | FREE Trade-In Quote

Old 11-15-2005, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default helment

Sounds to me like a lot of people do this........just take my advice.......strap it, you aren't cool......you aren't safe......without it strapped. I don't know of any pro's that don't strap theirs......

Old 11-15-2005, 02:43 AM
Pro Rider
Default helment

Helmet. And these are the same dumba__es that wont wear a condom and have rugrats before their outa Mom's house.
Check this saying I just made up: "an ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure"
Pretty clever huh? I hope it catches on.
So, In summary we have learned to wear a condom and a helmet.
Go forth and prosper....carefully.

Quick Reply: helment