A lot of anti-quad sentiment out there!

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2005, 06:58 PM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default A lot of anti-quad sentiment!

I have been thinking about getting some dirt bikes, so I have been visiting some dirt bike forums. There sure seems to be a lot of anti-quad dirt bikers out there!

True, most of these forums seem to have way more dumb a$$ kids than even this one does, but still it is kind of a disturbing trend.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:03 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Its a sign of the times, more youngins getting on the net than us old timers. Heck I dont even consider myself all that old at 28.

You just have to over look the stupid remarks, yes its hard sometimes. There are people out there with alot of knowledge and that are willing to help out.

Dirt bikes are alot of fun. Just be safe.

Old 12-13-2005, 07:14 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I see where you guys are all coming from, and I have really noticed that most of them are against quads. I do both and I can't think of anyway to be againts any.

Old 12-13-2005, 08:44 PM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

I have noticed it since coming here. I really only go to one other forum, ktmtalk, and its for tech info. Do you notice it at riding areas here in ca. reconranger? Or just on the internet? I had never even thought about it before reading about it here.

Old 12-13-2005, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider
Default A lot of anti-quad sentiment out there!

well i joined a dirtbike forum i think it was dirtrider or something like that and i asked a simple question and i had a couple immature lil brats respond before i got some helpful advice. i think what it boils down to is younger people like speed and that is where dirtbikes special into and on this atv sight a very large percentage own utility atv's. but alot of those lil punks mommy and daddy gave them everything they wanted and they got this i am better then you attitude and well i seen that alot when i was growing up to. bottom line i absolutely love riding atv and dirtbike but i like talking to atv people alot more.

Old 12-14-2005, 03:31 AM
Red Rider

I frequently ride with dirt bikers, and it's no big deal. Most families I know, have both ATV's and bikes. I have not encountered any hostility at all out on the trail.

Old 12-14-2005, 04:06 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: reconranger
I frequently ride with dirt bikers, and it's no big deal. Most families I know, have both ATV's and bikes. I have not encountered any hostility at all out on the trail.
I agree with you on your observations out on the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only hostility I see out on the trail by motorcycle riders is MWQ taking his frustrations out on lonely limbs. or his kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k. There is a thread going on right here on atvconnections.com that seems to portray a totally different picture in Michigan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, I don't think it's as bad as one user is making it out to be. Makes me think California has it's act together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] at least comparibly to Michigan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2005, 08:12 AM
KTM Patrol
Former Chinese POW!
Received 47 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally posted by: rescuediver

I agree with you on your observations out on the trail[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Only hostility I see out on the trail by motorcycle riders is MWQ taking his frustrations out on lonely limbs.

or his kid[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] j/k.

There is a thread going on right here on atvconnections.com that seems to portray a totally different picture in Michigan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] However, I don't think it's as bad as one user is making it out to be. Makes me think California has it's act together[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] at least comparibly to Michigan[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
It was a stump,[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] and it jumped in front of me! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

That was between 2 dirt bike riders, and didnt involve any quads. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

We do seem to be a little better off than michigan, depending on who you believe. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Hmm, intriguing. Would someone care to point me in the direction of such a thread? A search turned up nothing I felt relevant.

Old 12-14-2005, 09:44 AM
Red Rider

I had a crash once with a dirt bike. It was a newbie kid. The dad was riding down the left side of a fire road, and the kid was in the middle. I took the right side, almost riding in the ditch to keep well clear of them. As I approached them, the kid lost it and swerved right in front of me. My front right tire (300EX) rode up on his front tire, and it dumped my machine over on its left side. I got launched through the air, and landed hard in the gravel. I was wearing a chest protector so that saved me from a shoulder injury, but I got a lot of road rash on my arms.

Anyway, I had a bent tire rod and he had a bent fork. The dad lit into the kid for being so stupid, so it was clearly the kids fault. But, we just shook hands and called it even. We both knew that if someone had gotten hurt, it would have been in the newspaper and there would be a big backlash about off-road safety in our local hills, so we both felt lucky that the paramadics weren't needed.

Quick Reply: A lot of anti-quad sentiment out there!