When the cops get after you...just pull over

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-1999, 01:13 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeremy,

I'm not talking about ALL teens, just what I know from the 17 years I've lived where I do(my whole life). They're not addicted to adrenaline, all they do is drink, talk about drinking, and many smoke marajuana, and that's all they want to do. No, they're not addicted to adrenaline, ADRENALINE is something that could pull them away from that. I'm not against them, about 1 out of every 5 kids in my grade is one of my friends. I'm just saying it is very, very stupid on how officials think of ATVing/ATVers, and how they treat them. I'm mad because they do anything they can to make me not ride, when everyone else is getting hammered and high. That's pisses me off.

Get this...the cops get me for "doing something stupid"? I'm ATVing, is that something stupid? Hell no, and they want to do anything they can while I'm ATVing to stop me from doing it. They'll try to catch you right when they can when you just ride at the trails. They'll come up with anything. Mr. Officer, "these are clearly trails made by ATV's", deep woods trails, "this is a public ROAD, it's against the law to ride those on public streets and roads". Look, I'm not even exxagerating, they WILL come up with some sh*t. Not because you're "doing something stupid", but because you're on a 4-wheeler, and that bothers them.

Old 11-23-1999, 01:21 AM
Trailblazer

Ride,

I know what ya mean. If its really as bad as you say it is, get a bunch of your fourwheeler buddies and write a letter to the editor, or call city hall and talk to the mayor. Do stuff like that so people will know that the police are actually harassing innocent people. You all must not have a lot of crime goin on, because those cops must be awful bored to be waiting on Atv'ers all the time.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

1993 Yamaha *turbo* T-wolf

Old 11-24-1999, 12:37 AM
Trailblazer

Hey atving if the cops are as bad as RidE is saying maybe you should call them and see what you can do. RidE why don't you tell him your state and district or whatever, maybe he can help you with your cop problem.
Just my opinion.
Mike

------------------

Old 11-24-1999, 12:19 PM
Range Rover

Jeremy, I commend you. You exhibit more common sense and maturity than most men twice your age.

Old 11-25-1999, 12:11 AM
Range Rover

cops are d$#ks cant they find something better to do with tax payers dollars than to pull over innicent kids on quads going down the road we arent hurting anything most of the time we are just have to go a 1/2 mile down the road to get to owr riding place but on july 4 1999 a cop dicided different and pulled my azz over and gave me the speach are you dumb to ride down a public road and so on but give me a break they dont even let us ride on the shoulder they let snowmobiles but quads h#ll no i ended up getting over 400 dollers in fines over that bull **** but i faught it and won :-) ended up having to pay 50 dollors now tell me all you pigs (cops) was it really worth the freaking time to chase me ask your self that next time you see a quad flying down the road

exlax250x

cop hater

Old 11-25-1999, 11:51 PM
Trailblazer

Exlax, How old are you? I can tell by your post you dont have alot of respect for the police, I'm sure the cop could tell this when he pulled ya over. And respect means alot to the cop. Most of the time if you'll bite your tounge, and say "yes sir" or "no sir" and act sorry, they'll let ya go. Ever time they give a ticket, thats that much more paper work they have to do, so i imagine they try to avoid it alot. What were you doin when he pulled you over? How did you act towards him? Just cause he was doin his job dont make him a D@#$ as you put it.

Eric, Thanks bud, i appreciate it
------------------
Jeremy Cross

[This message has been edited by Jeremy (edited 11-25-1999).]

Old 11-26-1999, 01:57 AM
Trailblazer

Exlax,While I don't agree with everything you say. I am wondering how did you win and pay only 50 instead of 400?

Old 11-26-1999, 11:45 AM
Pro Rider

Well fellows after reading the various post I am glad to see that the majority of you agree with me, tells me something. And the ones that lowered theirselfs to calling officers pigs, dicks, and other language I also see probably why you got the ticket if you used the same attitude you did on here. I once again tell you fellows I ride with 7 other deputy sheriffs yes we cross roads, ride highways to get up on other trails and due eventually come out for gas and none of us have wrote tickets for what we are guilty of...as I seen in this post about writing tickets people usually 99 out 100 times write their own tickets...Most of the time when people do get tickets they are offenders of RECKLESS driving or repeat offenders who mistaked kindness for weakness or was the idiot that chose to try and outrun a cruiser with a corvette engine in it, if they would have only pulled over. In the incident that I struck a four wheeler I was letting him keep a large lead on me but he chose to totally lock up the atv in an attempt to turn around and go the other way. I would in no way try to hurt someone for just running cause it is not worth it, I figure these guys I will see again or better yet catch them coming out of a drive WHERE THEY WERE REALLY DOING NOTHING AND WRITE THEM ABOUT 5 HARD COPYS for the time they did run no this is not being unfair what you don't understand maybe is that people get the benefit of the doubt everytime they are pulled over they are so many silly laws that a cop could write you for it isn't funny. These silly laws in my point of view are the good ones for the ones that thought they got away and believe me I do stress THINK you would be surprised on the people who rat you out like the people you are driving crazy steadily driving up and down in front of their house. I also noticed no one has emailed or left a message for me to contact the law enforcement in your area you would be surprised what one cop talking to the other does kinda like we are in the same club taking the same s#@t so we compromise. As for help on giving you guys a break on riding...could it be you are afraid I might hear well we have talked to this guy a jillion times about this or that??? Again in ending fellows respect goes a long way, no I don't want you to kiss my a*s just show respect that is the best way to get the respect you deserve and the worst thing you can say in getting pulled over is Can I ask why you pulled me over...fastest way in the world to get a ticket...Believe me fellows this is a hard job I have to do somethings that I don't like to, and I do consider what a punk I was growing up in all considerations of giving or not...well back to the donuts and watching woman go buy...as you see I do have a personality, can take ribbing and most of all I am human...I even have a pig head tattooed on my arm...It is the symbol for the organization called P.I.G.S that gives money to widows and children of officers killed in the line of duty and I know you are thinking well he mentioned guys bad mouthing officers calling him a pig...well its like the old thing you, I can call my brother a dummy but you can't and anyway most officers think its funny unless it is used in the manner it was on this forum...If you want to humiliate an officer come down to the local functions like we have here at home where people pay to see officers sing in uniform and or dance to raise money for poor kids at Christmas. I don't mind it long as you have the green.

Artic Cat 500...Ride when I am not being a redneck.

------------------

[This message has been edited by atving (edited 11-26-1999).]

Old 11-26-1999, 11:45 PM
Range Rover

i am 15 and i dont have much respect for cops but oh well as far at the money 400 to 50 my father pulled a few strings at the courthouse the reason i got the tickets was because that same cop warned me about 4 times before he wrote me up

exlax250x

Old 11-27-1999, 01:15 AM
Trailblazer

Exlax, if you wonder why he gave you the ticket, you said it in your last post. Most people would have listened to the cop after the first warning. After 4 warnings you deserved what you got. Seems to me he did his job just fine. I'm not sure if you ever said for sure what he warned you for in the first place. But after 4 warnings, i think i would quit doin what ever it is.

------------------
Jeremy Cross

Quick Reply: When the cops get after you...just pull over