Freds NASCAR Thread! go #24!

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2006 | 10:54 AM
Pro Rider
Default Freds NASCAR Thread! go #24!

Originally posted by: motox26
Originally posted by: Fireslayer After seeing the changes made by Nascar over the last 25 or so years it just isn't entertaining to me anymore.
LOL, yeah but now a days we have more than 4 people on the lead lap. Shoot, sometimes the leader would be 5 laps ahead of 2nd place back in the day, how has it gotten worse?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] There is a reason Nascar is the most popular motorsport in the world, and it sure as hell isn't because it is boring! If you don't understand it, your not going to enjoy.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
Professional wrestling is also the most popular thing on cable TV also, but there are people out here that don't waste thier time on entertainment that is fake either.(I choose to beone of those people). I'm just making a comparision here due to the fact that many people are in the same audiences.

Old 02-17-2006 | 11:04 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Originally posted by: Fireslayer
Professional wrestling is also the most popular thing on cable TV also, but there are people out here that don't waste thier time on entertainment that is fake either.(I choose to beone of those people). I'm just making a comparision here due to the fact that many people are in the same audiences.
Then don't come in and comment if your not interested in the sport.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I don't think WWF has anything to do with Nascar.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What are you into then?

Old 02-17-2006 | 11:53 AM
Pro Rider

all i can say is did anyone see the second 150 qualifier? jeff gordon first, kyle buch second, hendric cars top two!!!!

Old 02-17-2006 | 10:36 PM
Elite Pro Rider

moto you should enter your cow at daytona!

i hope jeffy wins !

Old 02-18-2006 | 12:02 AM
Pro Rider

Then don't come in and comment if your not interested in the sport.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

And I don't think WWF has anything to do with Nascar.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] What are you into then?
Sorry Moto, didn't mean to rain on your parade. I just feel that NASCAR has somewhat turned into a money racket over the last couple of decades. That's not to take away from the talents of drivers or crews. I love most all motorsports but feel that NASCAR is very dramatized and exploits it's followers by playing on thier emotions. I've never been real keen on NASCARS philosophy of "rubbins just racin". It seems it's OK for some drivers to bump and drive rough, but not for others. If they were in open wheel cars it wouldn't be long before the "rubbin" would stop. This is just my two cents worth. I thought this was an open forum that anyone could comment on good or bad. Again, sorry, nothing personal, and yes I probably will refrain from further comment on this thread.

Old 02-20-2006 | 10:20 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Sorry Moto, didn't mean to rain on your parade. I just feel that NASCAR has somewhat turned into a money racket over the last couple of decades. That's not to take away from the talents of drivers or crews. I love most all motorsports but feel that NASCAR is very dramatized and exploits it's followers by playing on thier emotions. I've never been real keen on NASCARS philosophy of "rubbins just racin". It seems it's OK for some drivers to bump and drive rough, but not for others. If they were in open wheel cars it wouldn't be long before the "rubbin" would stop. This is just my two cents worth. I thought this was an open forum that anyone could comment on good or bad. Again, sorry, nothing personal, and yes I probably will refrain from further comment on this thread.
It is an open forum, but I don't think it is polite to bash something when you have a group of people(fans) having a enjoyable discussion over it. JMO

I to am a fan of many motorsports, mainly Nascar and MX, even compete myself in MX and used to race dirttrack (midgets), and I love the "rubbin is racing" attitude as long as it isn't a blatant attempt to wreck somebody. Heck, when I raced dirttrack, half my races were won by getting a guy a little loose in the corner. And I can't remember ever wrecking a guy for a win either.

Old 02-20-2006 | 10:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!

Anyways, who all watched the 500?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There sure was a lot of excitement going on around the track, was really disapointed to see Jimmie win.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Oh well, that's racing.

Who all thinks Tony and Matt went out for a beer after the race? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] LOL!

Old 02-20-2006 | 10:53 AM
Pro Rider

If they do maybe after a few Beers Matt will give Tony the fist Sandwitch he deserves.

Old 02-20-2006 | 10:57 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"

Would have thought there would have been a few more wrecks just do to the misty kind of rain they had.

Oh yeah, way to go Jeff Gordon. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] (how much did he have to pay the chick to stand next to him before the race?)

Old 02-20-2006 | 11:44 AM
Pro Rider

Anyways, who all watched the 500?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] There sure was a lot of excitement going on around the track, was really disapointed to see Jimmie win.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img] Oh well, that's racing.

Who all thinks Tony and Matt went out for a beer after the race? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img] LOL!
Very disapointed to see Johnson win! I cannot comment on the Tony and Matt part, because I did not get to see the race[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Freds NASCAR Thread! go #24!