Tell me which???? A HDTV or Plasma and why?

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2006 | 05:41 PM
|
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep
Default Tell me which???? A HDTV or Plasma and why?

Thanks for the help.

I know this is way off the forum topic, But we all use them to watch atv's race. lol.
Plus we all know what sunday is.

Thanks Again.

Old 02-01-2006 | 06:17 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

most plasmas are HDTV...I think you mean to ask "plasma or LCD(liquid crystal display)

I personally would go with an LCD screen because the plasmas can get images burned into them after time.

Old 02-01-2006 | 07:24 PM
Pro Rider

Friesen's right, plasmas crap out on people alot. My uncle has a big screen LCD and the thing is AMAZING! My cousin and I played X-box on the thing, I can't even begin to describe it. Alright, well there, got my opinion.

Old 02-01-2006 | 07:34 PM
Pro Rider

plasma can be hd. hd is sweet. sports are awsome on hd compared to normal broadcast. 2 different worlds

Old 02-02-2006 | 12:26 AM
Pro Rider

And if you are near a large enough city, you can receive HD programing with a rooftop (atic) antenna for local channels!

My mother and 2 brothers each have this tv:

Excellent HD tv

Old 02-02-2006 | 12:38 AM
RIP Dear Friend

I am going to wait till the feds require a new TV for myself before purchase but going by what my serviceman from the local cable provider says I would purchase a LCD TV over a plasma and he has hooked up quite a few over the past few years.

Old 02-02-2006 | 04:13 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MnFriesen
most plasmas are HDTV...I think you mean to ask "plasma or LCD(liquid crystal display)

I personally would go with an LCD screen because the plasmas can get images burned into them after time.

He said what I was going to! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] And I love my HD. I have an "old school" 55" widescreen HDTV (projection TV) and the HD channels are bad @$$.

Old 02-02-2006 | 10:24 AM
|
Administrator¿
Resident Killer!
"A little nonsense now and then, is relished by the wisest men". Willy Wonka: 1971
Cigars! Earth ne'eer did breed such a jovial weed.
A Tiger Doesn't Lose Sleep Over Opinions of Sheep

Thank you all for the help.

As Far as still image burning on a plasma, It happens if you leave a picture or any other frozen frame open for an extended period of time.

The price of the LCD's for the size I'm getting are actually more than the plasmas [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

I did end up getting a 42" Plasma. =]

Which ever I chose I had to get one with a tuner, My cable box has chit the bed at least 10 times in the past 3 years and there response time is lack luster. So needing a tuner it put the LCD's over the top price wise for me.
I know what you mean by the LCD's picture I have a 22" LCD HD Monitor we use in the showroom and it is awsum.
But the Plasma looked just as drop dead gorgous.

Thanks again!

Old 02-02-2006 | 10:36 AM
LTZ
Extreme Pro Rider

50" LCD here and couldn't be happier! I have the HD sat. with TIVO and now I can't stand watching non-HD shows.

Old 02-06-2006 | 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

Just a question for all you guys that have LCD/Plasma T.V.'s. If you were to buy a new one, what options would you look for when buying? I'm looking into one of these, and don't want to "wish" I'd have got this or that two months down the road. I want to get it right the first time, based on your experience. Thanks.