GORE IF HE WINS................

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2000 | 04:21 PM
Trailblazer

This was just an example, I do not believe in everything the democrats do. I do not believe in nafta, or raising the minimum wage, all that does is move many people closer to the poverty line. When minimum wage goes up so does everything else, maybe only a few cents on each thing but it all adds up to higher prices and my wages didn't go up to compensate for it.
I was taught Democrats logic is this, keep the people working and interest low and the people will buy, and companies will grow.
Republican logic, give to the business this will create jobs so people can buy.

Enough of this debate already the votes are cast and now we all must live with what ever happens
Lets talk ATV

I saw a new Polaris 500 scrambler today in yellow what do you think of polaris.

Old 11-10-2000 | 10:16 PM
Pro Rider

RHUBLER,I happen to be a STRONG union advocate.Im in agreement with you in regards to our unions making a better life for the workers.

I've worked for good unions and I've also worked for Company unions.Unions were NEVER established to benifit the Company,instead,they were formed to make working conditions and wages better for the employee, and in doing so,it produces a better product for the company.Both sides tend to win when both Company and employee's work together to acheive.

I cant stand Company Unions.I have argued,quit,fought and even went against these types of unions.

Yesterday,while at Meirer's [huge food-department store]I was passing thru the check-out lane and noticed a sign that had ''HELP WANTED''.

The signs stated that they needed

Baggers 5.75hr
Cashiers 6.25hr
Gas attendants 5.75hr
Meat department 6.25hr

No job payed more than 6.25 an hr.I was in AWE.I asked the check out lady if this place was union?She responded with a yes.I than asked her how the Company gets away with such low wages with a union?I knew the answer,but I asked her anyways.She responded,because the company runs it.

Would not our Forefathers [who FOUGHT and DIED for unions]turn over in their graves if they knew this?
Bill

Old 11-11-2000 | 12:28 AM
BLH
Pro Rider

Bill, I don't understand..... I don't know of the place you talk of and a Company Union doesn’t seem to make sense. But most small business owners (I believe) are out to make a comfortable living, not to get rich at the expense of their workers. I don’t always plan on working for someone, I someday want to start my own business. If all I can afford to pay is $6.25 per hour, I don’t want to go bankrupted because a union says I have to pay them more. After all, if they don’t want to work for the money I can fairly afford to pay, then they can seek employment elsewhere, I’ll hire someone else. Again I don’t understand, no one was forcing anyone to work there. With the welfare system in place today, no one who doesn’t want minimum wage doesn’t have to work at all. We’ll all pay for them to sit at home and watch TV. If you can explain this in a way I can understand, I’d appreciate it.

Bruce L. Hall

Old 11-11-2000 | 02:46 AM
Pro Rider

BRUCE,Who said anything about this place being a SMALL business?Its a huge corporate franchise and huge profits have been there for quite awhile now.You see,thats the problem with these HUGE Co's,most pay shi- for wages/benifits and have the same attitude as you,if you dont like my wage,someone else does.All the while,its the employee's who are ultimately responsable for the profits the place makes.You mentioned about being able to pay what you could FAIRLY afford?That's the whole problem in big bussiness,they dont pay what they can FAIRLY afford,most keep it amongest themselves and to hell with the employee.The employee deserves to be able to comfortably be able to pay his/her bills to.This is a ''Fairness'' issue.Thats one of the reasons for a Union's intervention,to much big bussiness Corporate greed and unfairness going on today.

While this is the strongest ecomomy in the history of the USA, there are millions of family's struggling to make the house/car payments,Why you ask?Corporate greed = lower wages.The big companys keep their profits within the big company ''BIG WIGS'' and screw the ones that are ultimately responsable for the huge gains/profits.

Smaller bussiness's dont need unions and unions would'nt do them much good,the smaller the bussiness,the less amount of employee's needed,it all acounts to a less profit.

Im not sure about welfare where your at,but in Mich,its not easy to get.You CANT sit and watch TV if you dont like your minimum wage job and be on welfare instead,
Bill

Old 11-11-2000 | 03:43 AM
Range Rover

I am a Bush supporter BUT....campaign promises are bull****(remember "read my lips"!) BOTH of these guys are schmucks,its a good thing the President is just a puppet.

Old 11-11-2000 | 03:51 AM
Range Rover

Hey Bill people are struggling to make their NEW car payments or leases,New homes,cell phones,big screen tv's,day care for the kids,delivered food...etc The problem is everyone is spending money that they DONT HAVE!!! on credit.

Old 11-11-2000 | 02:41 PM
Weekend Warrior

I am a PROUD member of a labor union and have been for 22 years B of RS local 179. I am also a gun collector and have 3 atv,s. I dont support everything the democrats stand for and sometimes i agree with the republicans. The one question al gore asked was were you better off 8 years ago or now? That was after a 12 year republican administration. I think thats a hell of a good question. rhubler in september i bought a new arctic cat 500 the new ho 500 polaris wasnt out here. I seen one the other day it looks like a good machine (i like the bright yellow to)

Old 11-11-2000 | 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

chriscoll1,
of course there are the ones that over spend their budget,some even have high paying jobs and over spend.But what about the ones that work 50-60hrs a wk and are still having a hard time paying for the everyday essentials?I feel sorry for these type of folks if they are the ones working for these big manufacturing Co's for shi- wages,
Bill

Old 11-11-2000 | 09:22 PM
BLH
Pro Rider

Bill,
I do understand, and I know its hard for some good people. But there seams to me to be as much wrong with unions than good. Now don’t get me wrong I am NOT against unions, I just have no personel experience with them. As an outside observer, it seams that it’s just as unfair to workers to make them join a union and pay dues, or not be allowed to work. The fact that as a union a portion of your dues go to political candidates or parties you don’t necessarily support. And what about the career union representative that get rich of your wades. Again I’m not against unions as a theory.

Bruce L. Hall

Old 11-12-2000 | 09:44 AM
Pro Rider

BLH,
You are correct on some of your statements.As I have said before,Unions were never founded for the sole intention of benifiting the company,instead,they are suppose to insure that the workers have good,safe, fair working conditions,a fair wage,and a desent contract to boot.

If the above exsists allready,you are wasting your money on a union.

With the higher amount of Corporate greed[low wages,poor working conditions, ect] that goes on into todays work force,STRONG unions are needed.Unions that support the companys best interest first are USELESS unions and need to be abolished.Thats what most company bosses are for,they support the company first and the employees best interest usually comes dead last.

You made mention of a part of union dues go to support a political candidate that you might not necessarily support?That is true and unfortunate,however,You pay taxes to dont you?Do you support everything that your tax dollar goes for?I know of no one that does.For the most part,union workers do usually support the political officials that the union leaders have selected.

I said before that I have worked for a few bad unions before.I was SO pissed one day at a superintendant that I came into work one evening,[I drove a HI-LO] and he asked me to pallet him to the 4th cage so he could get some items atop it.I lifted him to the top teir,shut my HI-LO off,set the parking brake,left,[him still up top.lol] and quit my job,I'd simple had enough of his shi- and the unions lack of backing.

I guess there's a bad apple on every tree,
Bill

Quick Reply: GORE IF HE WINS................