PLEASE READ !!! PLEASE READ !!!!! and VOTE

Search this Thread

Old 12-09-1999, 04:39 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

MSNBC is running a major story and conducting a survey on their website:
"New push to ban off-road vehicles"

Please let them know how you feel TODAY by going to the site below.

Please VOTE *NO*!

http://www.msnbc.com/news/325936.asp#survey

Old 12-09-1999, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Lakota,

I'm glad you care.

BUT - You know the surveys that really count are done in Congress, State Legislatures, and even Town Halls.

It wouldn't hurt to answer the MSNBC survey, but last I heard, MSNBC still doesn't have any power to outlaw ATVs, or anything else. Further, their survey isn't "scientific."

Make sure our elected representatives protect our lands. Anyone who wants to make a difference, check out the threads about "King Willaim (Clinton's) Land Grab." I have added hyper links, so that you can register your thoughts where they count - by just pointing and clicking!

Thanks rjmLakota!

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-09-1999).]

Old 12-09-1999, 10:04 PM
Trailblazer

Though these media polls do set policy directly you had better believe and respect the power of the press!

Just exactly how long did it take the press to kill ATC's?

Never! NEVER underestimate the importance of the press! (Read that as POWER)!!

Old 12-09-1999, 11:41 PM
Pro Rider

Yeah, Top Cat, you're right. The press does have propaganda power. But, we can't fight the press in the press. They will publish whatever "news" they want to, when they want to, and how they want to. That's a fact, a way of life.

We don't have ATCs, because of the large numbers of serious injuries and deaths to children under the age of 16 which occurred on them. It was the Federal Government which moved first on the issue. However, other organizations such as the American Pediatrics Association were also involved. ATV manufacturers worked out a set of rules in a consent decree with the government, with the intention of decreasing those deaths and injuries. The decree expired this year, so the Federal Government will revisit the issue of children and ATVs. I wrote two messages about that in the "When the Cops Stop You..." thread, and one in the "Where's the Brain" thread.

Clinton and Gore are attacking ATVs through the back door RIGHT NOW! That's why I suggested that you check out the "King William's (Clinton) Land Grab" threads (not my threads). I have posted messages in each one with very convenient ways for us to notify our congressional representatives. I have even drafted letters for our members to use. The Senate has already expressed concern over Clinton's Presidential Initiative, but more will be needed.

I am glad you are each willing to make an effort to support our sport. Respond to surveys as you can. But, you must make yourself heard in the arena where it counts most - Congress.

[This message has been edited by kclayd (edited 12-09-1999).]